Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
a bit off topic but here goes anyway. Cogburn made a lug for my Swiss bayonet - STGW? - that is a one piece requiring front sight removal which fit my 189 series Mini 30 barrel perfect. I have a no longer made Eagle brake-flash hider with the H-K style front sight incorporated which is a tight slide on fit to the bayonet bolster (not sure correct term) mounted. this is a sturdy mount for an item I'm doubtful I'll ever have to wield in a fight. it's mostly a conversation starter I admit, but sure looks impressive.
Cogburn seems to make fine products. I recommend.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
to clarify my post #4 the Cogburn lug required removing the front sight to slip the lug down the barrel to the correct spot, where the clamp is tightened to secure the lug.
the bolster ring may be known as 'muzzle ring' to some.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I've never measured the i.d. of the ring. had to hone it a bit for a snug slip fit over the just coincidental o.d.of the Eagle (IIRC? no longer made AFAIK) break and H-K style front sight combo. I've got a Burris mil-tac 2x7 glass mounted, good clarity but the etchings aren't as pronounced as I'd prefer. the sight is a perfect match for the aperture of the Williams rear. really enhanced using the irons.
I've got more mags, a couple Triple K 30, couple more 20 and my favorite couple more of the no longer made s/s 'American' brand 10 round. the balance/handling is perfect with the 10 round.
the bayonet is made by Wenger, the quality and fit up of the metal cannot be overstated. I'll very likely never have to mount it in anger (hope not anyway) but the intimidation factor and usefulness of the blade is very high. this blade takes and holds a razor edge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts