Georgia or South Carolina - Shooting Sports Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dh1633pm
  • 1 Post By dh1633pm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2018, 14:58   #1

Georgia or South Carolina

Just got from a two week work journey. Traveled to Augusta GA as part of the trip. If you look on your map, North Augusta is in South Carolina and the rest in Georgia. Saw a few walking in downtown Augusta with open carry. No worries there. Just wanted to ask our members their opinion on which is better for 2A? Or both about the same. Was thinking of moving there.

I love it here except for liberalism and the anti 2a of the southeastern corner of the state. Thanks.
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 15:19   #2

my home is just across the S.C. state line in Western N.C. (which is an open carry state) but unsure of S.C. open carry. do know it's very gun friendly state. Georgia also generally so, the white tail deer are so thick down there that the limit of anter-less deer tags is 6 per season, one required before you can fill a buck tag! those big farms down there are over run with them and feral hog. a nephew (actually husband of niece) has begged me to drive down to hunt his dad's farm. no license required since invite on farm to control destructive critters.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:48   #3
RJF

Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
...Saw a few walking in downtown Augusta with open carry. No worries there. Just wanted to ask our members their opinion on which is better for 2A? Or both about the same. Was thinking of moving there.

I love it here except for liberalism and the anti 2a of the southeastern corner of the state. Thanks.
dh, my personal preference is no open-carry. That may change over time, but CC 1) doesn't make you a target and 2) provides the protection/capability needed with the element of surprise if necessary. Butt-hurt on the part of anti-2A-ers just isn't my thing.

Yet...
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 14:29   #4
Honor our Constitution !

Alabama is also open carry.......
its' hunting and fishing are unrivaled anywhere.....
our taxes are some of the lowest in the nation, while we're also called the new Detroit due to all the auto makers moving here......

lastly......I once again call BS on the "OC/Insta-Target" fantasy......it's just not any more credible than "being a big strong man makes you a target" mentality.
enlighten me to one single PROVEN case where this has occured......
Old 05-16-2018, 04:10   #5

I am not a firm believer in myself having an open carry firearm. CC yes. Living here and seeing an open carry is like riding down the road in Alabama and seeing a snowblower for sale by the side of the road. You turn to your wife and say "Don't see that everyday".

So North Augusta (South Carolina) or Augusta (Georgia)? Working on the details now. Would move about next May. At my current pay it would be a nice pay raise just because of the lower taxes. Leaning towards North Augusta.
Rockys Pop likes this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:45   #6

gasoline and diesel price is lower in SC than most of the rest of the USA also.