Red Army Standard 7.62 x 39 - Shooting Sports Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2016, 20:35   #1

Red Army Standard 7.62 x 39

I have now tried it in my mini 30 and my SKS and it shoots good. It was on sale right after it started showing up in the ammo websites but I haven't checked to see what it costs now. Ok I just checked and if you shop around you can still get it for 25 cents per round which is pretty good. The regular ammo is polymer coated but they also make and sell full brass case rounds also and of course the brass case stuff costs more.

It is made in the Ukraine and appears to be a little better quality from an accuracy stand point. Hopefully they will keep that up.

I have been only buying golden bear but have now added Red Army to my list of ammo's that shoot decent. I won't buy Tula or Wolf any more.
hottarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 14:50   #2

No worries about corrosion of your bore?

I read somewhere on some forum that Eastern Bloc ammo is cheap and can cause corrosion of your bore.

25 cents per round is a great price.

Usually I am used to 50 cents each for my 5.56x45.
hks95134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 13:17   #3

They had a small batch of 7.62 x 54R that got built with corrosive primers by mistake apparently but the 7.62 x 39 is non corrosive and Red Army Standard has a standing specification that all ammo be non corrosive. Even though my mini 30 is stainless and my SKS has a chrome lined barrel, I still only shoot non corrosive.
hottarod is offline   Reply With Quote