• 1 Post By Scorpion of Mars
  • 1 Post By Southernhunter
  • 2 Post By chill1955
  • 1 Post By 40nascar
  • 1 Post By sechott

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 12:13   #1

Russian Sks

I have a trade offer on a Russian Sks 1954r with 5 point star. Has ( black ) bayonet. What's the value of this rife ? He claims its mint and hadn't been shot in 40 years.
Southernhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 14:07   #2

Tula refurbs start at around $500 in my neck of the woods.
gunslinger71973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 17:58   #3
Operation:Mindcrime

Check out the SKSboards, they can give you real good info on exactly what you are dealing with.
Darts2116 likes this.

Theres a revolution calling you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2016, 19:30   #4

This one has a black bayonet but sliver bolt
marlin40 likes this.
Southernhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:21   #5
Operation:Mindcrime

SKSboards can tell you everything about the numbers and various symbols of the rifle. Also, it matters if all the serials on the gun match too.

Theres a revolution calling you!

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:12   #6

If it's matching with a laminated stock. The $500 number is about right for my area too. The Russian models had a spring loaded firing pin originally, but most arsenal reworks have been changed out. You can buy an aftermarket replacement FP with a spring for any SKS though. It is pretty good insurance against slam firing, which can happen if the free floating firing pin gets peened and sticks when dirty. Never happened to me, but I bought the spring loaded FP anyway. If the FP don't rattle inside the bolt, you could have a spring loaded FP or a potential problem.
coyotetracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 20:36   #7

I paid 400 bucks for a Norinco military SKS factory 26. The gun is 100% bluing, no dings, and it shoots very well for accuracy and reliability. I have only had a bit of trouble loading the tapco 20's. I can only use 17 rounds as the first 3 won't strip off. But I think I have a bit of wood left squeezing the mags near the top. This is one of my favorite rifles to take out and clean clay pigeons off-hand at 100 yds.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:27   #8

If it is a mint laminated stock model, with the Black Bayonet, it is the Parade model, and in the $600 - 750 range. I would definitely buy it for $500, but not as a shooter. This is a nice collectors piece.
marlin40 likes this.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 18:22   #9

A Russian SKSs may bring a bit more money, esp if itís ďas issuedĒ. Refurbished Russians that came imported with box with all the accessories are beginning to bring collectorís interest. CAI imports are preferred, because they have minimum import marks. If the one youíre looking at is blued, has a natural wood stock and numbers match. It could be a collector grade SKS. I have a refurbished 53r with all numbers matching. It has painted on thick black paint, laminated stock. It is reasonable to believe the high end value would be $650-700. This is my CAI imported, Russian refurbished, my dad bought it in the early 90ís. He left it to me before he passed, so I kept it all intact. Although I had to search a few months of visits in momís house to find all the pieces.
Attached Thumbnails
Russian Sks-01539844-b045-47b2-a8c2-03e2dfe92015.jpeg  
marlin40 likes this.
sechott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 14:49   #10

never thought I'd see sks as 'collector' Woolworth's had them in a barrel back in the day for 35$ grease on them.