Change in moderation policy - Page 5 - Shooting Sports Forum

Site News and Information Have a question about the site, post it here. Forum news and updates will also be posted here.

Like Tree396Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 16:24   #101
Temp Banned!

Some people evidently don't know how to post if they can't be racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, anti-Catholic, anti-science, etc.
Cotonroksukr likes this.
Old 07-02-2015, 16:34   #102

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
Some people evidently don't know how to post if they can't be racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, anti-Catholic, anti-science, etc.
Hey now, why you gotta go hatin' on Deranged Butt Ranger like that all the time?
Cotonroksukr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:44   #103

While there may be a little rowdiness from time to time, when one considers the nature of the subject matter discussed here we're a model of harmony.

I really love the format and am willing to overlook the occasional transgression to receive the benefit of total freedom.

Kevin, I hope you will consider this before making changes.
Parnelli and Durango Ranger like this.

No nation may have character greater than those the people choose to lead that nation.
my1911s
my1911s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2015, 06:16   #104

Talking Here's what I think !

Originally Posted by A/J/S/USNRet View Post
whofarted, you might have stepped in to fill the shoes of Ronno by accident.

He/She/It did volunteer for service by Decree of Lord High Exulted and Owner of the Forum, His Royal and Opulent Master of Ceremonies, (Might I get Chastised) All Knowing and Powerful Head Monarch King Kevin.

Perhaps I might have lost my chance at being a Mediator?
Whofarted has asked a favor from me , he didn't want to say it himself , but my squid friend he wants to know the following , " can you bow down to the almighty savior of this forum ? "

........................................ .............................................
Old 07-03-2015, 06:27   #105
Banned

There is a time for everything.

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Whofarted has asked a favor from me , he didn't want to say it himself , but my squid friend he wants to know the following , " can you bow down to the almighty savior of this forum ? "

........................................ .............................................
There is a time and place that I will Bow Before an Almighty Savior.

Don't believe that a Forum will be either, but I'll probably end up Banished from both. ........................................ ...................................
Rockys Pop likes this.
A/J/S/USNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:47   #106

Talking A little know fact !

Originally Posted by A/J/S/USNRet View Post
There is a time and place that I will Bow Before an Almighty Savior.

Don't believe that a Forum will be either, but I'll probably end up Banished from both. ........................................ ...................................
My squid friend , the almighty savior of this forum asks that stumbling while intoxicated over your own feet while in his presence will not consider bowing !

He's got this ego thing going and wants top crack down on the rebels here !

I will be out in Nebraska checking on more places to hunt this weekend and visiting my dining lady partner for some outstanding fireworks this weekend , hope you don't have dreams of being on a sinking big boat my squid friend while listening to the neighborhood's fireworks !
Old 07-03-2015, 07:01   #107
Banned

Talking Have a Good Time Marine!

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
My squid friend , the almighty savior of this forum asks that stumbling while intoxicated over your own feet while in his presence will not consider bowing !

He's got this ego thing going and wants top crack down on the rebels here !

I will be out in Nebraska checking on more places to hunt this weekend and visiting my dining lady partner for some outstanding fireworks this weekend , hope you don't have dreams of being on a sinking big boat my squid friend while listening to the neighborhood's fireworks !
Weebles Wobble, they don't bow down!

Seems there is a Nationwide campaign against REBEL's, where are you now James Dean? Why they are importing Mods From OHIO, like we need more Yankees!

Perhaps you should try cooking the Chef Boyardee instead of the SPAM.

http://www.groceries-express.com/ima...14404134CF.GIF
Durango Ranger likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:58   #108
Banned

I think if the forum is making plans for us we should be doing the same. It is time to look at an "Exodus". There is a large enough core group that we would be welcomed on other forums.
I did not like "Ronno's" veiled threat. I can see what is coming. You fellows who wanted a Mod had better look at what is about to occur. If Ronno has no one to Moderate it will make his job less strenuous.
A/J/S/USNRet likes this.
Durango Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:22   #109

@ Derange-o Ranger (lol j/k) I've been banned (Perma) by all the usuial suspect forum/boards (ar15.com,survivorssksboards,glocktalk,calguns.net ,theakfiles,...) so this is kinda like a "Last Stand" for me (But I will entertain the idea of rat packing another place if you guys have a fun place with lotsa horsepower in mind ...
Durango Ranger and Rockys Pop like this.
Gator Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:01   #110
Temp Banned!

The trolls are starting to swarm.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:37   #111

There was a time when most Americans respected each other; when they would look the other way on things that they didn't agree with for the sake of Liberty or Civility, but alas, those days are long gone. So too it has been here, and as America's division deepens the rhetoric grows more hateful from both sides. I don't know what would be more frustrating, watching everything you believe in be destroyed by people who hate your way of life and belief system, or being on the side of said destruction having succeeded to this point and see your leadership structure crumble into corrupted chaos. I know for me it is damned frustrating to know that the America I grew up in no longer exists in anything but my memories.

There are positions that some liberals hold that I agree with, just as there are positions that some conservatives hold that I disagree with, but at the end of the day I do not judge them for holding those beliefs, but rather for attempting to force me to espouse them. I can tell you this, there's no way in hell that anybody but me can change my mind. Period.

That being said when it comes to thoughtful discourse here at PU News and Political forum we threw the baby out with the bathwater some time ago, and like the America I grew up in, we will never get it back. It's gone forever, and the best we can hope for is to forge something new out of the ashes. I remember a time when freesw and I had a meaningful conversation about really good beer, and we agreed on nearly every point. Unfortunately since then our frustrations concerning the political climate in America have grown exponentially, and that has only served to make us double down on our convictions.

Oh for the days when we focused upon what we had in common instead of what drives us apart! I suppose that today it is a fool's folly to think in such terms though, the wedge of division having been driven far too deep between America's left and right. No longer can we hold a meaningful discourse in our media, our schools, or our universities without being led astray by anger and frustration, by a refusal to accept the opinion of another only for what it is, an opinion. No, we wear our opinions as a battle flag these days, and Heaven forbid anyone should try and take down our flag!

That being said I wish all here a very happy 4th of July; may we in the spirit of Liberty and Freedom find a new tolerance for those that we disagree with just because we don't like their opinion. I don't think that we will ever return America to a place wherein people can once again agree to disagree, let alone this forum, for our divisions run too deep, and there is little, if any, forgiveness amongst us. I can only be free if you are free, and you can only be free if I am free, because a limitation placed upon any of us is a limitation placed upon all of us.

God Bless, and Happy 4th; I'm off to cold beer and charred flesh, 2 of the last things in life I can afford to enjoy!
shootnpoot and A/J/S/USNRet like this.
Old 07-03-2015, 13:17   #112

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
And some people cannot seem to post unless they are calling people racist, sexist, homophobic, anti immigrant, anti Muslim, anti Catholic, anti-science, etc.

Some people seem to post only things that are anti-American in nature.

The problem is that some people who post say 26k plus posts are so arrogant as to believe that if someone simply disagrees..then that someone is automatically a Kultist of a racist.

This is still the USA. You cannot shout down everyone who doesn't agree with you and you will not change the minds of mature people with your propaganda. Mature people who believe in individual liberty will not be twisted by sophomoric, politically correct, freedom sapping directives from some wannabe central planner.

If you use the troll definition as presented above by USN... then the vast majority of these left wing posts are that of a troll. Free comes in with a leftist agenda and trolls the board relentlessly with propaganda. His posts are designed to stir the ire of those of us who still hold dear the values of the USA that made us the world's greatest country. Some of our members and/or their fathers, son's and daughters have spilled blood or given their lives to protect those values and individual liberties that we all hold dear.

Free and his merry band types support and promote the same people who will, if left to their own devices, DESTROY your Second Amendment rights.. He is in a "church" of the Second Amendment of sorts. What does he expect the reaction to be when everything he seems to stand for is in support of those who are destroying liberty and America in the process?

I wonder how well he would be received if he ran into an Muslim prayer meeting and started screaming his disdain for the Prophet Muhammed while waving a ham bone ?

If this forum has gone down it is because of this constant bombardment of Leftist propaganda.

Now with all of that said. I personally will defend his right to be a troll and attack all of the things I hold dear. I will even let him sling slanderous charges of racism and Kultist etc. But! ...He better damn well shut up and take it when it comes back from me twice as hard.

It does seem that Free is here to boost post count period. If that is true then shame on you Kevin. The forum deserves a painful agonizing death.

Moderators are fine as long as both points of view are allowed. That means points of view we don't agree with. No one in this country is ever guaranteed not to be offended .. Political correctness is a tool of the propagandist and the statist.

If you ain't man enough then stay out of the politics forum.

My humble two cents...
Parnelli and A/J/S/USNRet like this.

Racist! - the standard cry of the leftist when losing an argument...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JRedHorse; 09-01-2015 at 12:05. Reason: Name calling not allowed.
shootnpoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 16:36   #113

free aint nothing butt a big zit on this forums asss and a muslim loving piece of ****te.and THE ONLY GOOD MUSLIM IS A DEAD ONE.
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 20:28   #114
Mod at Survivalist Boards

Mods are to make sure the rules KEVIN sets are followed, he owns the site, his house, his rules... end of story
Old 07-03-2015, 21:44   #115
A-hole with a ban button

Ronno, Kevin has never set rules here. He has actually over ruled rulings of the previous regime which is literally why I am still allowed here. I have no idea what type of mod you are over there but I think atleast somebody from here should get the gig.

Your last comment alone is going to cause you alot of problems. Kevins house is only profitable if folks come and ads are seen. Tighten the leash too much and you will create alot of resent. Let the lead out too far and shˇtheads will run wild
whofarted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 22:35   #116
Pontifex Discordia

Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
There was a time when most Americans respected each other... but alas, those days are long gone. So too it has been here...

There are positions that some liberals hold that I agree with, just as there are positions that some conservatives hold that I disagree with...

That being said when it comes to thoughtful discourse here at PU News and Political forum we threw the baby out with the bathwater some time ago...

Oh for the days when we focused upon what we had in common instead of what drives us apart!... the wedge of division having been driven far too deep between America's left and right.... we wear our opinions as a battle flag these days, and Heaven forbid anyone should try and take down our flag!
That was good, Parnelli.

I'm perfectly fine with differing opinions in real life. I truly don't care if somebody doesn't agree with me. And, like you Parnelli, nobody can force their opinion upon me. Even so, my opinions can be changed.

Did you know that the more hateful conservatives on this forum had a major part in "liberalizing" me? They provided the negative input that caused me to reevaluate many of the political beliefs and opinions I grew up with. So thanks, guys, for showing me the light! And many thanks to FreeSW for his thousands of posts. The information he links to has changed a few of my more entrenched beliefs, and given me a great deal of food for thought.

Opinions and convictions vary between individuals. It is unfortunate that some insist on polarization. You're left, or you're right. Liberal, or conservative. Republican, or democrat. You're either with us, or against us.

I am neither conservative nor liberal. I am not defined by political affiliation. I'm not black or white, or even a shade of gray. I am richly colored, with fine detail and texture, just like everybody else.

So happy 4th, everybody! Enjoy the rainbow of fireworks, while you still can...
whofarted and Carpshooter like this.
Strake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 22:45   #117
A-hole with a ban button

That was fooking beautiful... I have no idea what your other posts are like or for that matter who I am agreeing with but that was a good post
whofarted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:33   #118

Well kumbafrickin ya Strakiepoo!

This from one of Freesw's alter egos ..the most polarizing person on the board...enjoy your day full of unicorns Strake and keep supporting those who will destroy the 2nd !

Racist! - the standard cry of the leftist when losing an argument...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JRedHorse; 09-01-2015 at 12:00. Reason: Name calling not allowed.
shootnpoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:20   #119
Pontifex Discordia

Originally Posted by shootnpoot View Post
Well kumbafrickin ya Strakiepoo!

This from one of Goebbels alter egos ..the most polarizing person on the board...enjoy your day full of unicorns Strake and keep supporting those who will destroy the 2nd !
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKAolQ0yxIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stw3osNnEkY
Strake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 22:36   #120
Banned

Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
Mods are to make sure the rules KEVIN sets are followed, he owns the site, his house, his rules... end of story
Rules? Are We all on Double Secret Probation Niedermeier (Ronno)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cF2piwjYQ

The Trail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxvT8KKdFw

Is this How it Ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKMuVFz3MOQ

A little motivational speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE:

Call to Arms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX71mALOPKs

I Not so Humbly Submit for approval!
freesw and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 07-04-2015, 22:42   #121

Need a little extra definition on this one for sure.

There is no need in racial slurs. There is no need in hateful comments. There is no need in being overly rude.
Keep all rude and hateful comments confined to the general discussion and politics sections.
No trolling.
No racism or racist comments.
JRedHorse likes this.
Old 07-04-2015, 23:11   #122
Temp Banned!

Of course you do.

It will really cramp your "style."
Carpshooter likes this.
Old 07-05-2015, 20:58   #123
Banned

Originally Posted by Durango Ranger View Post
I think if the forum is making plans for us we should be doing the same. It is time to look at an "Exodus". There is a large enough core group that we would be welcomed on other forums.
I did not like "Ronno's" veiled threat. I can see what is coming. You fellows who wanted a Mod had better look at what is about to occur. If Ronno has no one to Moderate it will make his job less strenuous.
Well Durango, it appears Scorpion of Mars is packing up the Traveling Chest. Wonder how many more are lining up behind the Pillar of Smoke/Flame and awaiting Mosses Command to head for the Promised Land?
Durango Ranger likes this.
Old 07-05-2015, 21:44   #124

Unhappy Just be human.

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
Need a little extra definition on this one for sure.

There is no need in racial slurs. There is no need in hateful comments. There is no need in being overly rude.
Keep all rude and hateful comments confined to the general discussion and politics sections.
No trolling.
No racism or racist comments.
I agree, I will show respect to all even if I do not agree with their point of view, and I wouldn't expect anyone to agree to all my view points as well BUT I think respect and manners go a long way.

It isn't my job to point out a persons harmful ways or words because I can speak for no man but myself.

I hope that by giving respect to others that they would consider the same in return, it doesn't always work out that way but I find it easier to seek out a persons good qualities instead of focusing on their negative ones, I also have negative qualities and I can only hope they do not come out in the way I deal with others here.

I can always find something in common with most people but draw the line when it comes to criminals and those who would physically prey on those who are weaker or at a disadvantage.

I enjoy this site and ALL of my armed brothers here and if any of you were in danger I'd come to your aid because I see you as human first.

I can live in peace with those on the left and right, what ever your color of skin, what ever God you pray too and if I was pressed to admit to being racist against a certain group of people I can honestly say that I am when it comes to any group who's values are those of a terrorist ie: Isis, that is one group of "people" I have zero desire to get to know, or even care about, so yes I do have my limits.
Parnelli likes this.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:41   #125
Banned

Smoky. These Mods always start out with the most honorable intent. It is however a Human fragility. A little power over others becomes an addictive and abusive drug.
JRedHorse and A/J/S/USNRet like this.
Durango Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote