Change in moderation policy - Page 3 - Shooting Sports Forum

Site News and Information Have a question about the site, post it here. Forum news and updates will also be posted here.

Like Tree396Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 07:30   #51

Talking Am I missing something ?

Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
Democrat Underground style Moderation is needed around here
Democrat ?
Old 06-28-2015, 08:13   #52

Talking Here's what I think !

First off , anyone who has used that ignore feature would not make a good mod .

It amazes me how some here have in the past turn on Kevin , these folks are a no-go for mod !

I think that this is a good forum and let's just argue in the correct section of this forum and not in the other sections where we can aid in helping others here with shared knowledge , not bragging about one's self or accomplishments in life , another no-go

I do like whofarted , except he doesn't have the family jewels for a good decision on what's wrong here , he'll no doubt need a rule book !

Thus when Whofarted's check clears the bank , he's got my vote , support and wish him well with his new home owner's loan and also the loan at that Payday Advance place !

Damn I just love it here , except I got a bike ride to go on , a new firearm to check out , fall hunting to line up , a bow to shoot , fish to be caught , grand kids sports to watch and a wild lady to chase , as it's rut season ( early rut ) here along the Missouri river along the Iowa-Nebraska border when I'm not at work ( being in rut is expensive , all that whining and dining ) !

Have a good day !
freesw, Strake and Cotonroksukr like this.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:19   #53

No trolling!!!!! This just might mean i could get rid of my ignore list!!!I'll believe it when i see it.
fishslayerbob likes this.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:00   #54
A-hole with a ban button

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
First off , anyone who has used that ignore feature would not make a good mod .

It amazes me how some here have in the past turn on Kevin , these folks are a no-go for mod !

Have a good day !

I hate to say it but Carp is right about the ignore list. It would be greatly beneficial to the forum if the mod didnt need an ignore list. That list shows the mod is already bias.

If Randy (W.R.Buchanan) was officially tossing his hat in the ring I believe he could do the job well. He has already smacked USN and I down on another thread recently.... Actually he did it well enough that I just slithered away without further incident.

I have another amazing idea!! How bout you make everybody a mod...

Problem solved

Youre welcome

Last edited by whofarted; 06-28-2015 at 09:03. Reason: I quoted the wrong post... Yup.. Ima dumbass
whofarted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:45   #55
Banned

When the first Mod is appointed the posting on this forum will drop off. There are other forums that are unique but are also oppressive. This forum is growing because the use of mods is not needed. When the mods are instituted, many of us will move on and at least reduce our participation on this venue.
We have members who join and then complain about the lack of thought and speech control. This is a National disease. Americans are afraid of free speech. "Shame".
shootnpoot and A/J/S/USNRet like this.
Durango Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:45   #56

Moderation might be worth considering.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:56   #57
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by spacewolf223 View Post
Really the only thing I have considered out of line is the threat of raping and sodomizing family members, that has been posted.
Did you see such posts yourself, or are you taking the word of people whose word has proven to be ... unreliable?
Old 06-28-2015, 11:57   #58
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by Scorpion of Mars View Post
I think many members are complaining about the lack of self control exhibited on this board at the wrong place/time.
Look who's talking.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59   #59

If you are seriouse about running for a Mod seat...

This is our site, we can make it good or we can make it bad, in the end it is up to us.

Anyone seriously wanting to run for a Moderators seat please add your name to the list.

I PM'd Kevin to ask for a voting poll with the names that have signed on to help bring a little calm and order to the threads.

I feel strongly enough about this site that I would be willing to put some work in and I'd apply the same caring to such a post as I do when I am acting as a negotiator for our Tribal disputes.

My only qualifications are that both sides in our Tribal disputes trust me to be impartial which I have always tried to do so and since they have used me in that area for over 3 decades now I think I can handle it.

I am a firearm owner and have a deep respect for all people weather I share their view point or not.

If and when the poll is posted please vote for those who you think will make a positive impact on the sight (Please vote FOR someone and not against someone).

Hey, we have nothing left to loose and we should be taking more pride in this site so that hopefully the word will get out that this IS the place to come for Firearms info, friendship and a good time!

We have so many here that have great knowledge to pass along to the next generation of shooters, it would be a shame to loose those here with good solid knowledge because they have become embarrassed to recommend this place to others.

Heck I am going to put my money where my mouth is and throw my name into the ring and hope others with good intentions will follow suite so that we have a lot to choose from.

Thank you all for your friendship and insight since I have joined, my only goal will be to make this a friendly place to visit, oh ya, one more thing, if I do get elected I am so putting in a cyber boxing ring for you guys who like to bop each other senseless and I'd like to add other threads that other members here have been asking for , like the "survivalist section", a "Blades section" and so on.

There are a few here that could get my vote.
It is one thing for me to sit here and not like what WE have become but it is another for me to sit by and not try anything to help correct this.

And as far as "Banning people" that option will NOT be on the table.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Moderator Candidates please add your names below, This is to get your name put on the voting poll (Hopefully by Kevin).

1) J. Red Horse.
Quentin likes this.
Old 06-28-2015, 13:24   #60
Temp Banned!

You really want this?

I think you'd want the capability of locking threads, and moving individual posts and entire threads. You wouldn't want to have to move an entire thread to the thunder dome just because of a few posts in it.

And once you actually have to do that, some people might not be happy about it.

It's hard to predict. I think nearly everyone here would try not to cause aggravation for you. But historically, moderators are under-appreciated, would be one way of putting it.
Old 06-28-2015, 13:31   #61
Temp Banned!

I'd hope posts outside of the news and politics section that are overtly political (or disagreements with people within that section) would be moved there, so that societal and political disagreements don't continue to spill over into the rest of the forum.

Otherwise it forces people to decide between not standing up for the truth (or themselves), and further derailing an already off-track thread.
Old 06-28-2015, 13:33   #62

Use the ignore feature-no mods needed-case closed.I don't watch MSNBC and i don't read libs posts-life's too short.If you want to read their drivel,i've got no problem with that-post their BS and you'll get banned just like them.When i have had enough i'll move on to greener pastures.There are others like me,also.
Durango Ranger likes this.
Old 06-28-2015, 14:04   #63
Temp Banned!

SoM and I probably don't agree about anything else.
Old 06-28-2015, 14:15   #64
Temp Banned!

Talking

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Damn I just love it here , except I got a bike ride to go on , a new firearm to check out , fall hunting to line up , a bow to shoot , fish to be caught , grand kids sports to watch and a wild lady to chase , as it's rut season ( early rut ) here along the Missouri river along the Iowa-Nebraska border when I'm not at work ( being in rut is expensive , all that whining and dining ) !
You'd pass up the zookeeper chance of a lifetime for that?

Man, your priorities are all messed up.
Old 06-28-2015, 14:17   #65

I would do my best to keep post in the proper threads, and I am not one who believes in censorship what so ever.

I feel we could be better organized and if folks had a thread where they could beat on each other if they feel the need to then we can keep it there instead of having the brawls spread all over the site.

We need a fresh start around here, no one will be denied the ability to speak their mind if it is in the proper thread, if not the post can be moved to the proper thread.

I would hope that if I treat folks with respect that they would show me the same kindness in return, I don't care to be popular but I do care to be fair.

AND I hope that if we do have a voting poll that there will be a place to vote for "No Moderation" also.
freesw and Scorpion of Mars like this.
Old 06-28-2015, 14:18   #66

Does Not Bode Well ...

A list of names? An election? This Forum is not a democracy. Hello owner; If you feel something actually needs to be done, just up and do it. Do not fool around. I for one have no real dog in this fight. But then again I try (mostly successful) to use common sense and decentcy. I expect no less from others. Excellent Forum. HB of CJ (oldest coot) Spelll chzk not working. House cleaner hid my dictionaries. I can't speelll. Slight stroke. Yikes!!
cowboy117 likes this.
HB of CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 14:34   #67

^^^^^^^^^^^Cave Junction?Grants Pass[actually Merlin].Went thru there yesterday on my way to Crescent City.
Old 06-28-2015, 15:45   #68

Getting a bit ahead of our selves. How about start by defining "trolling" and the penalties for say 1-2-3 strikes you're out or....? How about the board coming clean about using multiple accounts to drive post counts? Then I would take this discussion seriously.
fishslayerbob likes this.
Old 06-28-2015, 16:04   #69
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by chill1955 View Post
How about start by defining "trolling" and the penalties for say 1-2-3 strikes you're out or....?
Trolling looks like this:

Eliminate the lib/prog scum democrat slave owners and shake the black community awake from their sleep, all would be good in the hood.
And this:

How about the board coming clean about using multiple accounts to drive post counts?
Old 06-28-2015, 16:10   #70

Thumbs up You can still play a part...

Originally Posted by HB of CJ View Post
A list of names? An election? This Forum is not a democracy. Hello owner; If you feel something actually needs to be done, just up and do it. Do not fool around. I for one have no real dog in this fight. But then again I try (mostly successful) to use common sense and decentcy. I expect no less from others. Excellent Forum. HB of CJ (oldest coot) Spelll chzk not working. House cleaner hid my dictionaries. I can't speelll. Slight stroke. Yikes!!
Greetings HB of CJ, I understand what you are saying and I hope you will have the opportunity to vote "No Moderation" if that is your wish, if we can get this up and running that is.

I feel every member here should have a voice on the subject of where they would like to see us go in the future.
Scorpion of Mars likes this.
Old 06-28-2015, 16:57   #71
Banned

Getting a bit ahead of our selves. How about start by defining "trolling" and the penalties for say 1-2-3 strikes you're out or....? How about the board coming clean about using multiple accounts to drive post counts? Then I would take this discussion seriously.
I've already explained that the Sister Forum Banned COMNAVKITCHENSINK because they thought She was a Multiple Account. Now none of the Other Members of my family will even open their Forum. It's a slippery slope this Banishment Stuff. It leads to Sponsors losing quite a bit of Profit. But you don't hear me anyway do you chill1955? Just because I wouldn't censor anyone when you DIRECTED ME TO DO SO.
A/J/S/USNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 17:39   #72

Talking Am I missing something ?

Originally Posted by A/J/S/USNRet View Post
I've already explained that the Sister Forum Banned COMNAVKITCHENSINK because they thought She was a Multiple Account. Now none of the Other Members of my family will even open their Forum. It's a slippery slope this Banishment Stuff. It leads to Sponsors losing quite a bit of Profit. But you don't hear me anyway do you chill1955? Just because I wouldn't censor anyone when you DIRECTED ME TO DO SO.
My dear squid friend , are you a man of honor ( so you seem to be saying here ) or what , like is this too hush-hush ?

I have been ban once , because the mod was a Marine claiming to have PTSD and knocked another Marine because he has it ! I mean like no good jarhead ever gets that , cause we are all born killers according to my boot camp DIs , who no doubt never wanted to be in NAM or return and get fragged !
Old 06-28-2015, 18:17   #73

Talking Here's what I think

Are the trolls going to be running the forum or not ?

I mean that accusing others of nutty things is what a troll does !

I think that Kevin should decide on what's best !
freesw likes this.
Old 06-28-2015, 20:20   #74
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by Scorpion of Mars View Post
You did not read carefully. Carp said "anyone who has used that ignore feature would not make a good mod". The key word here is has used, not is using. Very big difference. So know he is not right. As a normal member, that is a valid option you have, and you have every right to use it.
Anyone who uses the "ignore" feature to ignore the posts of more than a few members is choosing to miss out on part of the forum's culture. Another consequence is they have a warped understanding of many of the posts they do read, taking claims at face value and never seeing the other point of view. That view only gets more warped with time.

Sure, a normal member has every right to do that, but that decision definitely has bearing on their fitness to deal impartially with the posts of those members they have long chosen to ignore.

It's like asking someone who always walks through the woods and mountains with blinders on to be your guide on a hunting trip. Even if he offers to take the blinders off, you've got to ask yourself, how observant is this guy, really? And how well does he understand what he's seeing?
Old 06-28-2015, 20:28   #75

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
Did you see such posts yourself, or are you taking the word of people whose word has proven to be ... unreliable?
No no I was knee deep into the thread myself, but never stooped that low, or felt compelled to do so...well maybe a sister reference...count me out as a mod!!!