Change in moderation policy - Page 11 - Shooting Sports Forum

Site News and Information Have a question about the site, post it here. Forum news and updates will also be posted here.

Like Tree396Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2015, 19:56   #251

Originally Posted by JRedHorse View Post
Well my Armed Brother, we have gotten through both my wife's surgery and my double hand surgery.

I had to come in off the road when she got ill and I was having issues with my hands, and when she was better I sent her down to FL to pick a home for us, while she was there the humidity attacked her RA and blew her up like a puffa fish so FL was out of the question.

As it stands today our home in NH is up for sale and we have been looking at larger homes in NH where she will not have the over powering humidity issues.

So until we actually have to move I have time to spen a few hours a day helping out here, with that said, Thanks for wishing me luck because I can use all I can get at this point in life.
I have no issues or quarrels with you but something doesn't smell right and I have never been wrong. The fact that Kev can't personally manage his own lucrative website speaks for itself. Cowardice and irresponsibility are the first words that come to mind.
Old 07-18-2015, 20:12   #252
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
Kev can't personally manage his own lucrative website
What should Kevin do that he hasn't done? Ban you?
Strake and Carpshooter like this.
Old 07-18-2015, 20:26   #253
Temp Banned!

This thread is all about me so say something meaningful or GTFO! The sole reason mods were added was to control me and silence my voice.
You're losing it.

Old 07-18-2015, 20:38   #254
A-hole with a ban button

This thread is all about me so say something meaningful or GTFO! The sole reason mods were added was to control me and silence my voice. As you can see the pussified have left the board and have left me to fight it out alone which I gladly challenge. As far as I can tell no one has followed in my footsteps or wake and have given up and gone home. Not me and I ain't quittin until the last day.
You think quite highly of yourself. I dont remember Kevin mentioning your name a single time when he asked for volunteers. There are worse things in life than high self worth coupled with paranoia. If thats as bad as it gets then you are a lucky man
whofarted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 23:07   #255
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

All I ask is don't quote the trolls.

I can't ignore you as a mod, so thank you in advance for not making me read the garbage that the trolls, and his construct friends spew out.
newtwahoo likes this.
Adjuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:17   #256

Thumbs up Don't know what to tell ya here???

I have no issues or quarrels with you but something doesn't smell right and I have never been wrong. The fact that Kev can't personally manage his own lucrative website speaks for itself. Cowardice and irresponsibility are the first words that come to mind.
I do not know what to tell ya about your sense of smell???

I just wish I could say I've have never been wrong it would have saved me the pain of a first marriage, but I did end up with the Lady of my dreams so I guess it had to be done.

If you see me posting about something I am going to do in my personal life here and it don't "smell right" to you PLEASE give me a heads up before I make any more big mistakes in my life, you could save me from screwing up more of my life, that would be very appreciated, hey why let a gift like that go to waste Brother???
Old 07-19-2015, 11:31   #257
Send only the best!

Oh JRH, the only thing worse than a life coach is a life critic!
7.62 Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 14:15   #258
Temp Banned!

Thumbs up

Better judgment precludes me posting what I think of this, but I can't help but post that I am in fact thinking it.
Old 07-19-2015, 19:27   #259
Banned

Originally Posted by 7.62 Overkill View Post
Oh JRH, the only thing worse than a life coach is a life critic!
The uncoachable may Learn more from constructive criticism!
Carpshooter likes this.
A/J/S/USNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 19:34   #260
large member

Kevin;901370]When I first took the helm of this community I thought the rules were a little too strict. The forum were opened up so members could be a little more free with their post.
yes,i remember this time quite well. back when this was a great forum, and great and knowledgeable posters left by the dozens because of your policies on these issues.

Things have gone too far with the trolling, rudeness, hateful comments, and now racism.
wow. amazing. imagine that. i seem to recall that perhaps you were warned that this is exactly what would happen.

Tone it down guys and gals.
what happened to the "over moderation"you condemned?

There is no need in racial slurs. There is no need in hateful comments. There is no need in being overly rude.
"what you reap is what you sow" seems to fit here imo.

[LIST][*]Keep all rude and hateful comments confined to the general discussion and politics sections.
[*]No trolling.
[*]No racism or racist comments.

If you have any questions or comments please post them.
sounds a lot like what this forum was once like before YOU changed it forthe WORSE.....

better late than never i guess
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 20:16   #261
A-hole with a ban button

Atleast you are willing to help
Old 07-21-2015, 20:20   #262
large member

Originally Posted by whofarted View Post
Atleast you are willing to help
nah, not really. tried that....went over as well as a lead balloon.....(successful english rock bands excluded from this simile of course.)
Carpshooter likes this.
Old 07-21-2015, 20:48   #263

Here's the facts plain and simple The PU forum is dying a slow death. The Mini 14 and 30 are on it's death bed and inside info from Ruger is beginning to shut both down. They are unsustainable in price and quality. I'm glad I got my Mini 14 back in the day. The AR platform has overcome the market and Ruger knows this. Most every aftermarket Mini 14 and 30 are bleeding dry and closing shop. It's coming to an end but hey, I'll stick around till the fat lady sings.
Old 07-21-2015, 20:51   #264
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
nah, not really. tried that....went over as well as a lead balloon.....(successful english rock bands excluded from this simile of course.)
Your persistence is why the Kevin added 5. Derogatory and racial slurs are not permitted. to the rules and guidelines.

That in turn made it possible for me to campaign against all the racist garbage of posters like the one above this one.

"Gameover" is even more full of himself than usual, but he's not spouting racist garbage lately. Even curt mini 14 has let up.

The almost entirely laissez fair period was an interesting experiment, and it almost worked.
Old 07-23-2015, 16:38   #265

Talking Here's what I think !

" Happy Days are here again ! "
Old 07-23-2015, 18:55   #266
large member

GAMEOVER;906603]Here's the facts plain and simple The PU forum is dying a slow death.
because of "improvements" made by ownership.....much more than any threat to the mini platform.

The Mini 14 and 30 are on it's death bed and inside info from Ruger is beginning to shut both down. They are unsustainable in price and quality. I'm glad I got my Mini 14 back in the day. The AR platform has overcome the market and Ruger knows this.
lmao! interesting theory, but i'm afraid its not a new one! i have heard this since i bought my first mini in 2010?

might happen.but the reality is, as long as we have this group of people called "democrats" that represent 50% of our country and political system....the AR fans are the ones who should be worried.....
Old 07-24-2015, 06:38   #267

Wink A little know fact !

Don't worry , I'm a democrat and am one that thinks that you can keep your firearms as long as you aren't a crazy person !

We need to enforce the current laws , that's what is wrong and this has not been getting done for a long time regardless whose been running the show !

NOTE ; Active membership is up on this forum !
Rockys Pop likes this.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:01   #268
large member

Carpshooter;906991]Don't worry , I'm a democrat and am one that thinks that you can keep your firearms as long as you aren't a crazy person !
my apologies for stereotyping. i know many democrats are pro 2A. unfortunately, every time they take the helm (in my adult life anyway), their leadership comes after "assault rifles"...... mostly focused on making AR's/Ak's illegal....not for "crazy people".....for all people!

pro 2A democrats need to protest these policies of their party PUBLICLY and LOUDLY.
newtwahoo and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 07-24-2015, 22:44   #269
A-hole with a ban button

Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
my apologies for stereotyping. i know many democrats are pro 2A. unfortunately, every time they take the helm (in my adult life anyway), their leadership comes after "assault rifles"...... mostly focused on making AR's/Ak's illegal....not for "crazy people".....for all people!

pro 2A democrats need to protest these policies of their party PUBLICLY and LOUDLY.
You all know I am from CA. A very opinionated Democrat state. We actually had Roderick Wright, a black dude who was a State Senator (D-Inglewood) who was very vocal against his party when they tried to pass anti-2A laws. Unfortunately the guy resigned after being convicted of perjury. He was living outside the area he was elected. In my opinion it was a big loss for CA when it came to pro-gunners .

Pro-gun Democrats can even exist here but they are definitely the exception to the rule
Strake and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:03   #270

Talking Am I missing something ?

Does our faithful mod from the west coast fell bad or what ?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:45   #271
Temp Banned!

Some of California's gun laws depress me, and I don't even live there.
A/J/S/USNRet likes this.
Old 07-31-2015, 14:17   #272

Talking A little know fact !

I had a 1911 45 and a 7.62 mm M-14 while I was there !

Yes sir we Marines were ready , but it was the wild loose women there that got us down at times !
Old 08-29-2015, 22:05   #273

This old Army Paratrooper totally agrees with the cutting out of the stupidity. I currently work as a Corrections Officer for WV. I see enough of that crap on a daily basis. This site is to me a place to brag and ask questions. And even keep up with friends.
If you are in to the HATE, find a haters web site and stay off of this one. Have a nice day, and God bless you.
JRedHorse likes this.
DH482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:06   #274

Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
We need another "Stealth Mod/Admin (With an actual banhammer)
I vote me to much time and not enough bullets and powder
gundoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:57   #275

Originally Posted by gundoctor View Post
I vote me to much time and not enough bullets and powder
I totally agree. There isn't be a candidate anywhere.

Doc, sure hope your health issues are improving. how's Alaska working out?

NRA
Vietnam '68-'69 / '71-'72
Disabled American Veterans
Vietnam Veterans of America
Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association
U.S. Army (Ret.)
COBRADOC is offline   Reply With Quote