EAA AKKAR 612 12 gauge 18.5 inch barrel - Shooting Sports Forum

Shotgun Misc All makes and models of shotguns discussed here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2020, 07:53   #1
Registered Member

EAA AKKAR 612 12 gauge 18.5 inch barrel

I'm brand new on this forum and would like some advice. I'm looking for a reliable home defense shotgun. Several people have suggested the 870 Express, but it seems like they are nearly impossible to find. So I started looking for a Mossberg 500/590 with the same result - no luck. A local dealer has an EAA AKKAR 612 12 gauge pump with an 18.5 inch barrel that got decent reviews on line. I don't know much about the brand and would like to see if anyone has any thoughts about the reliability and dependability of this firearm. I appreciate anyone's help!
Worldwide Hoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:52   #2

I have a few shotguns from inexpensive to expensive. Never heard of that one. The two old reliables you mention are in short supply. Maybe the used market would be better. Aren’t they the maker of the Charles Daily. Looks very 870 like.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:15   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the response. I think you are correct that their shotguns are sold under the Charles Daly name. One review I saw online of a different EAA model mentioned the similarity to the 870. Thanks again.
Worldwide Hoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote