Using mini shells with the Stoeger Condor - Shooting Sports Forum

Shotgun Misc All makes and models of shotguns discussed here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By headedtotexas
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-03-2019, 20:56   #1

Using mini shells with the Stoeger Condor

Like many single trigger O/U shotguns, the Stoeger Condor requires recoil to reset the trigger to fire the second barrel. Found out today that Aguila Minishells don't provide enough recoil to reset the trigger on my Condor Outback. Works fine on full size 12 gauge shells, but not on the little minis.

This shotgun got a thorough cleaning about two years ago and has lived a very quiet safe life ever since. I think it's clean and that the minishells just don't provide enough recoil. Is there a spring to lighten or some way to allow the sear to reset with lighter recoil?

Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
Unread 11-04-2019, 05:14   #2

Good question that I don't have an answer for. I too have a Condor.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2019, 16:48   #3

The consensus answer to Stoeger single trigger problems is "clean your action." Mine is clean and still well lubed from last time I studied this. The gun gets very little use in its home defense role and is very much ready to go when called upon. With full power 12 gauge shells, that is.

The component I am calling the trigger reset sear (I'm sure there is a proper name, but 10 minutes of searching for the right exploded diagram proved fruitless) has tension keeping it against the hammer sears from a spring inside the trigger that pushes on a tab as shown in the photo above.

Recoil from a 2-" shell with a standard load of 8 shot is plenty to overcome the force of the spring and allow the trigger reset sear to flop down onto the upper barrel sear and ready to fire the next barrel. But apparently recoil from a Minishell is not enough. Trimming a coil or two off the trigger reset sear might help. Think I am on the right path? I can always replace the spring with a new one if I make it too light.