590a1 - Shooting Sports Forum

Shotgun Misc All makes and models of shotguns discussed here.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By bill1725
  • 1 Post By gunslinger71973
  • 1 Post By Scorpion of Mars
  • 2 Post By nac82xx
  • 1 Post By Carpshooter
  • 1 Post By Scorpion of Mars
  • 1 Post By Carpshooter
  • 1 Post By Will-M1A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 14:20   #1

590a1

Got a new in-the-box Mossberg 590A1 shotgun yesterday. It sure looks good and cannot wait to shoot it. I cycled a few shells through it just to make sure everything functioned properly. There is nothing like the pumping sound of a good 12 gauge pump shotgun
Will-M1A likes this.
bill1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 16:56   #2

I have had my 590A1 for about 8 years now. It is the best shotgun I have ever had. I also have an 870, and although the 870 is a good shotgun, it just does not feel as heavy duty as the 590A1. I think you will like yours.
Will-M1A likes this.
gunslinger71973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 22:29   #3
Operation:Mindcrime

Tough finish, great sights, high cap, thick walled barrel. Great trench broom/street howitzer. Love mine.
Will-M1A likes this.

Theres a revolution calling you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2016, 17:17   #4
Suck it Leftists!

Several years ago I started searching for a tactical shotgun in pump action and ended up with the 590A1 Mariner. Added a knoxcomp LEO stock, hogue fore end grip, sling, and 2 shot extension tube. Lo and behold their 2016 model incorporates a new padded stock, new fore end grip and 7+1 shot capacity. Damn heavy gun but you can shoot 3" magnums all day. If you plan to shoot a lot of slugs get ready to invest in some heavy duty lead deposit cleaning supplies.
Old 08-02-2016, 18:23   #5
Banned

The 590A1 is one of the most reliable pump action shotguns. Nice choice. I would highly recommend that you stray away from the synthetic speed feed butt stock, it has a high malfunction rate.
freesw and savage99nc like this.
nac82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 17:04   #6

Talking A litrtle known fact

I own one , shoot slugs through it as it's " my welcome to my home uninvited gun !"

Will-M1A likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 13:30   #7
Banned

Little know fact

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I own one , shoot slugs through it as it's " my welcome to my home uninvited gun !"

Wouldn't buckshot be just as convincing at room ranges?

A case of 1000 Buck 00 is far less expensive. How much per bad guy do you want to spend????????

The side carrier holds 5 Magnum Slugs, are you getting lazy in your Y'all's Old Age?
nac82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:29   #8
Operation:Mindcrime

Theres a reason the military used it. Its one big, bad, tough, street broom!
Will-M1A likes this.

Theres a revolution calling you!

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:55   #9

Talking Am I missing something ?

Originally Posted by nac82xx View Post
Wouldn't buckshot be just as convincing at room ranges?

A case of 1000 Buck 00 is far less expensive. How much per bad guy do you want to spend????????

The side carrier holds 5 Magnum Slugs, are you getting lazy in your Y'all's Old Age?
I own 3 inch 4 buck but prefer the slugs ( got plenty for deer season also ) , like to keep the holes down to a minimum a bit and watch em , whoever is in the impact area , fall and tumble .

My side carrier holds six , you must not be man enough to handle all that ammo , go to the gym and muscle up !
Will-M1A likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 20:20   #10

I am perfectly satisfied with my 590A1 SPX. 20" ported barrel, 8+1, 7 in the velcro side saddle, shotgun cards fit in the standard AR mag pouches and the iron sights are 100%.

DaveShooter likes this.

"Tolerance is a Virtue for Men without Conviction!"
Will-M1A is offline   Reply With Quote