Soooooo, what shotguns dont you have, that you would like at some point? - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum

Shotgun Misc All makes and models of shotguns discussed here.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 20:21   #26
Send only the best!

Getting a used 1100 Rem and converting it to a tactical shotgun, has always been an idea that was tucked away.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:58   #27
Honor our Constitution !

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I mean I own three Mossberg 500s and one 590 and four Remington 870s ( two super mags , one express and one trap grade !

The Remingtons are by far a better shotgun than any Mossberg pump , so is the 930 any good as a semi-auto , cause the first Mossberg one , the 9200 didn't last long ? ..............

I mean the Remington 1100/1187 are hard to beat !
hard to beat.......as long as you keep an extra "o-ring" seal in your pocket, bag, or under your buttplate.
i've had many come into the shop (when I 'smithed) with "this damned thing started jamming in the field" as the complaint.

5 minutes time, a fresh ring and a spare under the plate always made happy customers.
Old 07-28-2015, 16:43   #28

Talking A little know fact !

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post
hard to beat.......as long as you keep an extra "o-ring" seal in your pocket, bag, or under your buttplate.
i've had many come into the shop (when I 'smithed) with "this damned thing started jamming in the field" as the complaint.

5 minutes time, a fresh ring and a spare under the plate always made happy customers.
I have purchased those rings for my 1100 mags , as I own two 12 ga. and have a lot of barrels for them as the mag will work with the 2 3/4 chamber barrels !

I own a 20 gauge light weight and a 20 gauge 1187 !

Those rings are not expensive or much of a problem !

I just want to know why one would even consider a Mossberg 930 or 935 ?
Rockys Pop likes this.

Old 07-28-2015, 20:16   #29

Originally Posted by Viper 1-26 INF View Post
Don't care much for shotguns, but I suppose I wouldn't mind having these:

MTs-255-12 Russian 12 ga. Revolving Shotgun

Winchester Model 1887 10 gauge

Mossberg 930 SPX 12 gauge

How bout some classic California logic.

As long as the top one has a smooth bore it would be an assault weapon in CA

But

The last one is perfectly legal.
whofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:36   #30

I just sold an 1100 that I had modified to hold 9 shells, and a barrel with rifle sights, sling. It was getting too heavy for me to hold. I sold it to my neighbor, and for another $ 100 bought a new 1100 tactical, 18" bbl., holds 6 rounds, sling, and I love it.
Carpshooter likes this.

Last edited by KSDeputy; 11-05-2015 at 15:10.
KSDeputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 15:08   #31

I need one like a hole in the head, but I have always wanted a well made coach gun. There is a high grade one, with stainless receiver, single trigger by Stoeger in this week's Dicks Sporting Goods ad. They are holding it for me in the nearest large city, 30 miles away. I will go look at it next Weds. What I really want is a StreetSweeper.
Old 11-05-2015, 17:06   #32
Operation:Mindcrime

Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
I need one like a hole in the head, but I have always wanted a well made coach gun. There is a high grade one, with stainless receiver, single trigger by Stoeger in this week's Dicks Sporting Goods ad. They are holding it for me in the nearest large city, 30 miles away. I will go look at it next Weds. What I really want is a StreetSweeper.
Its a gun, never use the word "need". Want and right is all there is. A coach would be cool. Simple and to the point. I dont know if the Stoegers are all like this, but the one my buddy has, the action release has to be moved pretty darn far to the side.

Theres a revolution calling you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:28   #33

Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I mean I own three Mossberg 500s and one 590 and four Remington 870s ( two super mags , one express and one trap grade !

The Remingtons are by far a better shotgun than any Mossberg pump , so is the 930 any good as a semi-auto , cause the first Mossberg one , the 9200 didn't last long ? ..............

I mean the Remington 1100/1187 are hard to beat !
I agree. I have four wingmasters.
Carpshooter likes this.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:12   #34

I had two Mossbergs, had to sell them due to the location of the safety. I have shot nothing but Remingtons all my life. In the past year sold an 1100 shotgun, and bought two Remington tactical shotguns, an 870 & 1100. I wanted a coach gun, looked at one yesterday. It was too heavy, and expensive, for a two round gun, so I will pass for now.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:22   #35

I have decided I want the new Remington short shotgun 870 model 41 I believe. It is their answer to the Mossberg model Shockwave.
Carpshooter likes this.