Ruger SR-22? - Shooting Sports Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By El Mariachi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2021, 18:18   #1

Ruger SR-22?

Anyone shooting one? Kinda interested, the model 3604 one with the threaded barrel cause I already have a suppressor in .22LR. Can't find a range that has a demo model to rent.

Reliable, accurate, any serious problems? Newbie thanks you!
El Mariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 13:39   #2
RJF

El, my wife has one (without the threaded barrel). She loves it.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 15:58   #3

Originally Posted by RJF View Post
El, my wife has one (without the threaded barrel). She loves it.
Hey, thanks. It's a Ruger, so I am pretty confident it is a good pistol. I shoot CCI standard velocity in my other .22s that I put my suppressor on, and they all work fine. I'd like a pistol smaller and lighter than my Mark IV.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:15   #4
RJF

El, you should be GTG with CCI Std Velocity at the beginning, but if not, put a few hundred rounds of CCI Mini-Mags through it for break-in. IIRC, it comes with two (essentially) pistol grips of varying thickness/size: the basic pistol grip and an add-on for larger hands. We have several .22LRs - both semi-auto pistols and revolvers, and carbines/rifles and all do well with CCI Mini-Mags, so that is all I stock (have two semi-autos (pistol and carbine that sometimes choke on Federal and AE ammo). The non-CCI ammo goes exclusively in a Heritage revolver; when I'm out of that, then the revolver will get CCI Mini-Mags. Except for snake-shot...
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:37   #5

Originally Posted by RJF View Post
El, you should be GTG with CCI Std Velocity at the beginning, but if not, put a few hundred rounds of CCI Mini-Mags through it for break-in. IIRC, it comes with two (essentially) pistol grips of varying thickness/size: the basic pistol grip and an add-on for larger hands. We have several .22LRs - both semi-auto pistols and revolvers, and carbines/rifles and all do well with CCI Mini-Mags, so that is all I stock (have two semi-autos (pistol and carbine that sometimes choke on Federal and AE ammo). The non-CCI ammo goes exclusively in a Heritage revolver; when I'm out of that, then the revolver will get CCI Mini-Mags. Except for snake-shot...
Thanks! Yeah, I have some minimags but I prefer to shoot my 22s suppressed, without muffs, so I have many rounds of subsonic 22s from different manufacturers around. But I mostly have the CCI Standard Velocities... bought 'em when they were cheap!

I have a gold Krugerand stashed somewhere, and the .22 ammo has appreciated faster.
Sparkie and RJF like this.