• 3 Post By HopalongCassidy
  • 1 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 3 Post By HopalongCassidy
  • 2 Post By curt mini14
  • 1 Post By chill1955

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2019, 06:53   #1

Cool My 92FS VS. WHAT EVER YOU GOT!

Well there it is cowboys...Subjects in the title! What do you got that can beat it? One of the greatest designed pistol's of all times, is hungry for some CZ's & glocks Its "show" or "Tell" time on why you picked something other the greatest combat pistol to ever bless gods green earth!

Seriously, What ya got? What do you prefer and why? How fast and accurate are you with your preferred side arm? Show us a picture if you can or are willing, targets would be a plus.

I'll start with my "used bought" ($700) custom Beretta 92FS Vertec. Parts include: Wilson Combat trigger spring, WC reduced "D" spring, WC firing pin spring, WC thin grips, Beretta steel short reach trigger, Beretta extended mag release, Beretta stainless guide rod, with WC 13lbs. recoil spring, and a custom 92FS slide fitting from Beretta. I was able to contact the previous owner. He had sent the Vertec pistol to the Tennessee plant to have the longer 92FS slide fitted to the frame. Basically, they went through a batch of slides and found the one that fitted with tighter tolerances. The 92FS slide and barrel is also longer than the standard Vertec slide and barrel. He wanted the extra length, and had the barrel targeted crowned.

This one by far is my most favorite pistol I've ever shot. I've owned quite a few hand weapons, my first pistol was a Ruger P89 from back in the 90's and various other striker fire pistols like Glocks, and Smith's. But none of them can touch my standard 1993 92FS Police Special let alone this custom Vertec. In my hands, the 92FS is the best pistol "For ME."

Now, I'm no pro buy far, and I know there are guys here that can out shoot me backwards. So I'm willing to take the flak of the fire I'm trying to start 14seconds and 14 hits out of 15 shoots on targets ranging from 15 yards to the steel floppers, and 25yards to the 15inch steel square in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8emRHCp9Rs
Attached Thumbnails
My 92FS VS. WHAT EVER YOU GOT!-vetec-1.jpg  

Last edited by James T. Kirk; 11-11-2019 at 10:51.
James T. Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:20   #2

My go to is the SHTF is the Glock 19x though I prefer my Sig 938 for CCW carry. That little Sig shoots lights out. Heck if it wasn't for capacity I'd put that Sig up against any pistol on the planet.

Last range trip with the Sig I had the GF timing me with a timer. 5 rounds in 7 seconds at three different bulls. Six strings @ 30 rounds total. Bouncing to a different bull every shot. 7 yards.

The 19x don't shoot too bad either.

Held a 92FS at the LGS. Didn't fit my hand well and just didn't float my boat. Not a problem if you like it. With all the custom work I'm sure it is much better than an off the shelf example. Glad it works for you.

Bepe
Attached Thumbnails
My 92FS VS. WHAT EVER YOU GOT!-dscn4023.jpg   My 92FS VS. WHAT EVER YOU GOT!-dscn4128.jpg  
dh1633pm and James T. Kirk like this.

Last edited by Bepe; 11-10-2019 at 16:23.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:44   #3

Originally Posted by Bepe View Post
My go to is the SHTF is the Glock 19x though I prefer my Sig 938 for CCW carry. That little Sig shoots lights out. Heck if it wasn't for capacity I'd put that Sig up against any pistol on the planet.

Bepe
Yeah I've got the chance to shoot one of those little sigs. At the range I work at Lt.Col. Clyde Morgan was holding a church security class, and one of the guys attending had one. He let me shoot it, I let him shoot my old Police Special, and we were both ringing the square plate at 50 yards. I was impressed with the sig, and he bought a Beretta sometime later On the same note of CCW, my brother just acquired a Sig 365, and thats a nice little shooter to.

Nice Targets!

P.S. There is a name for that color on that glock but I cant say due to guide lines Just kidding buddy
Bepe likes this.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:33   #4
RJF

James T. I suggest you pull/delete the pick of your 92FS, as the S/N is clearly displayed. Bad thing. Blurr it out and repost! Great looking gun!
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 13:38   #5
RJF

JTK, nicely done!!!
James T. Kirk likes this.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:58   #6

Some fine shooting Bepe! Nice looking 92F. I like the CZ or the 1911. I really haven't seen a bad choice from anyone.
James T. Kirk and Bepe like this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:46   #7

I own a Beretta M9A1 with a LTT trigger job. It was the best gun I had ever shot. That was 8 years ago. Then I bought a Sig P226 Stainless Elite 4 years ago and it relegated the Beretta to the safe. My most recent purchase is the CZ Shadow 2 and it makes the Beretta look like a Model T and the Sig look like a Model A both of which are up on blocks gathering dust. I debated on the Beretta 92X Performance but the Vertec grip was a deal breaker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128 (002).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	55422
curt mini14, dh1633pm and Bepe like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:49   #8

I'll stick with my S&W 5903, but I like any CZ pistol. have the 70 .32acp as additional CCW if needed along with my Makarov.
James T. Kirk and Bepe like this.
Old 11-13-2019, 14:25   #9

bhp here my first go to fallowed by a 1911 45 then a glock 34 they all shoot good as any.
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:00   #10

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
I own a Beretta M9A1 with a LTT trigger job. It was the best gun I had ever shot. That was 8 years ago. Then I bought a Sig P226 Stainless Elite 4 years ago and it relegated the Beretta to the safe. My most recent purchase is the CZ Shadow 2 and it makes the Beretta look like a Model T and the Sig look like a Model A both of which are up on blocks gathering dust. I debated on the Beretta 92X Performance but the Vertec grip was a deal breaker.
Alright! Well at least it took a couple of guns twice as much as the M9A1 to relegate it But seriously, in your opinion what was it that pulled you away from the M9A1? Did the other pistols shoot more accurately, are you faster with the CZ? What did the beretta not do for you? Just curious
GAMEOVER likes this.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:02   #11

Originally Posted by Marlin 45 carbine View Post
I'll stick with my S&W 5903, but I like any CZ pistol. have the 70 .32acp as additional CCW if needed along with my Makarov.
I'm still working on getting a 5903
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
Old 11-14-2019, 14:05   #12

Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Alright! Well at least it took a couple of guns twice as much as the M9A1 to relegate it But seriously, in your opinion what was it that pulled you away from the M9A1? Did the other pistols shoot more accurately, are you faster with the CZ? What did the beretta not do for you? Just curious
In this order
1. Added Weight (I shoot much better with a heavier handgun)
2. Grip profile (Undercut below trigger guard and backstrap)
3. Trigger pull (smoother and lighter)
4. Tritium front sight
5. Grip texture
6. Recoil Factor (I didn't think it could get any better than the Sig or Beretta)
7. Safety on the frame
8. Extended mag release

In my mind it's an improved 1911 double stack 9mm.
Old 11-14-2019, 16:42   #13
RJF

I got my 92FS because it was the rough equivalent to the M9 - the standard sidearm in the Army. I have a Colt model 70 Government Model for the same reason, bought in 1980 when I was still in the Army.

My first firing on the M9 resulted in "Expert". Can't argue at all about it.

Never fired a shot in anger with it and hope never to, but am comfortable should that horrific event ever happen, I'll be true.

due to my declining health, my 92FS isn't my first choice (Bersa .380 Thunder) because of general frailty. But I periodically "exercise" with it as it is one of an array of SD weapons available.

A fine weapon!
GAMEOVER and Bepe like this.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:33   #14

should add that the 5903 mags interchange with my Marlin Camp 9mm, as do my nephews 915 and his Kel-Tec 9mm folder. the +P 124 grain JHP I load come out of those longer barrels with a 'crack'.
I owned a BHP before I got my S&W but sold it - sort of wished I'd kept it.
Bepe likes this.
Old 11-15-2019, 13:20   #15
RJF

Depending on the commie gun-control laws that may pass in the now-commie VA legislature, my CX4 will probably be replaced with a Ruger PC Carbine. Sad to see it go as it is a fun machine that shares mags with my 92FS, but I'm adaptable. It will go out of state to the ultimate heir to my guns. He'll just get it before I'm dead! Still want to own a 9mm PCC and the Ruger seems to be my next choice. Will need to get more mags to fit...So overall it is a plus for him (and Ruger), as he'll ultimately get yet another PCC.
Old 11-16-2019, 18:48   #16
Gunslinger

Love my 92fs. If I had one word to describe it; smooth.

Too big for carry, so I pack a HK P2000sk. Shoots like a full size; flawless, accurate, dependable.

I also enjoy my CZ P01; and who doesn’t love a 1911 trigger, so I scratch that itch with my Springfield EMP and Sig P938 sas.

This is my home defense package....
Attached Thumbnails
My 92FS VS. WHAT EVER YOU GOT!-43212513-7ceb-4a2a-b424-01e4b6b3f97d.jpg  
curt mini14, GAMEOVER and Bepe like this.

Last edited by HopalongCassidy; 11-17-2019 at 14:24.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:08   #17

Speaking of 92s, I can buy a NIB 92M9A1 for almost $300 less than what I paid in 2011 and that sucks royally. I’ll keep mine only because of what I got invested in accessories.
curt mini14 likes this.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:51   #18

Originally Posted by RJF View Post
Depending on the commie gun-control laws that may pass in the now-commie VA legislature, my CX4 will probably be replaced with a Ruger PC Carbine. Sad to see it go as it is a fun machine that shares mags with my 92FS, but I'm adaptable. It will go out of state to the ultimate heir to my guns. He'll just get it before I'm dead! Still want to own a 9mm PCC and the Ruger seems to be my next choice. Will need to get more mags to fit...So overall it is a plus for him (and Ruger), as he'll ultimately get yet another PCC.

The Ruger 9mm carbine interests me, too. I like the model that looks like an ordinary rifle and not a pseudo-assault rifle. I have a CZ Scorpion carbine in 9mm, the one without the fake suppressor, that I enjoy but I do have a real suppressor for it...which it shares with my Walther 9mm PPQ... These rifles beg for a nice suppressor.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:21   #19
Gunslinger

I've got a Ruger PC Carbine. I put a Sig Romeo5 MOTAC on it.
Grab it and go.
curt mini14, GAMEOVER and Bepe like this.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:50   #20

my pc carbine is a true bullet whore it eats everything.and dam fun and much more accurate then an uzi.
GAMEOVER and Bepe like this.
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:56   #21

Front sight and grip control for good shooting. I thought you did awesome brother. I run my 45 Springfield XD nothing special. I did put the Talon Grip on it for better control. The Beretta and the Sig are some of my favorite pistols, you can't fake workmanship and close tolerance work!
Bepe likes this.