Shooting Sports Forum

Shooting Sports Forum (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   What's different about this picture? (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97341)

kkina 10-27-2013 18:49

What's different about this picture?
 
Sorry for the crappy pic, and I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag too soon, as it were. Not that it's that major, but in the interest of keeping youse guys in the loop…

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...4inSocom02.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nSsSocom01.jpg
The Stainless Steel photo came out better.

Bolero 10-27-2013 18:58

dunno. short 181?

kkina 10-27-2013 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolero (Post 795132)
dunno. short 181?

"Short"- you're on to it.

Another pic taken today…

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../04Socom03.jpg

Bolero 10-27-2013 19:22

Looks great.

RoyBoy 10-27-2013 19:25

Since it is shorter, it looks to me like it is going to be just for looks and is just the right length to go past the taper on newer minis. I like it. When can I get one in stainless?

kkina 10-27-2013 19:58

Initial fulfillment will be in both materials (9mm barrel shown for comparison).

Notice also the (relatively) new low-contrast logoing. People wanted less prominent branding, so there you go. In fact, I can't really see them myself due to the low quality of these preliminary photos, even knowing where to look.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../04Socom04.jpg

gundoc 10-28-2013 06:04

You just saved me a lot of work Kevin. I've been shortening and tapping them as needed and this will be just the ticket - thank you!

kkina 10-28-2013 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundoc (Post 795171)
You just saved me a lot of work Kevin. I've been shortening and tapping them as needed and this will be just the ticket - thank you!

Well, that's good to know. Now I wish I'd done this sooner!

Dave s 10-28-2013 16:26

Kevin does the strut really help on the newer tapered barrel or is it mostly for looks?

GAMEOVER 10-28-2013 19:23

So I got sold a bunch of BS paying for a full size accu-strut? and now it turns out that a half pint size is/was the answer? If this is factual, the whole gizmo is coming off and will be sent to the LGBT museum of sexual toys. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.

http://i.imgur.com/D37dJBl.jpg

accuracy 10-28-2013 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER (Post 795235)
So I got sold a bunch of BS paying for a full size accu-strut? and now it turns out that a half pint size is/was the answer? If this is factual, the whole gizmo is coming off and will be sent to the LGBT museum of sexual toys. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.

full size performs better according to test data...

I don't understand your logic. So if a car manufacturer releases a car one year. and then the following year they retune it for better mpg and increase horsepower by 10%, the first car was BS?

buyers remorse...

whofarted 10-28-2013 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER (Post 795235)
So I got sold a bunch of BS paying for a full size accu-strut? and now it turns out that a half pint size is/was the answer? If this is factual, the whole gizmo is coming off and will be sent to the LGBT museum of sexual toys. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.

http://i.imgur.com/D37dJBl.jpg


Anybody else gonna admit to googling LGBT Museum?

shootnpoot 10-28-2013 20:03

Too funny ! Curious .. how much for the mini, mini strut ?

tri70 10-29-2013 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER (Post 795235)
So I got sold a bunch of BS paying for a full size accu-strut? and now it turns out that a half pint size is/was the answer? If this is factual, the whole gizmo is coming off and will be sent to the LGBT museum of sexual toys. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.

http://i.imgur.com/D37dJBl.jpg

You can always sell it and get most of your money back. The long version is easier to tune for best results. My experience with struts is the closer to the front site the better. No fooling anyone, it's a new version the customer base was asking for to give the Garand look.

gundoc 10-29-2013 05:22

Gameover - the Accu-Strut has come in different sizes for some time, and this new super shorty is another option. When I mentioned cutting them down it is done in conjunction with shortening a barrel and needing to keep the strut out of the flash hider. Your full length strut is not obsolete and still works the same as the day you installed it. Since Kevin got your money with the Accu-Strut, and Kelly got your money with the Mo-Reaper can I interest you in spending some money on a trigger job or some nice DuraCoat....?:D

GAMEOVER 10-29-2013 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundoc (Post 795267)
Gameover - the Accu-Strut has come in different sizes for some time, and this new super shorty is another option. When I mentioned cutting them down it is done in conjunction with shortening a barrel and needing to keep the strut out of the flash hider. Your full length strut is not obsolete and still works the same as the day you installed it. Since Kevin got your money with the Accu-Strut, and Kelly got your money with the Mo-Reaper can I interest you in spending some money on a trigger job or some nice DuraCoat....?:D

Hey gundoc,

The post was satire and you already have my money for a Mini 14 trigger job and did a free rework along with a promise of lifetime (your life not mine) adjustment if needed. I've already heaped plenty of praise in the past on Accu-Strut and Mo-Reaper so that speaks for itself.

GO

kkina 10-29-2013 17:24

Just to clear things up, I have yet to see experimental results that short, single-clamp struts help accuracy. There have been a few anecdotal reports from customers, but I have not been able to reproduce these results.

So why sell short struts? Because enough of you have asked me to. They certainly don't hurt accuracy, and there is a small chance that you'll be one of the lucky ones that does see a benefit.

gundoc 10-29-2013 17:57

Gameover -:eek: my bad. Thank you for your business!!

kkina 10-29-2013 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootnpoot (Post 795243)
Too funny ! Curious .. how much for the mini, mini strut ?

All Socoms (this new 4" unit, and the on-hold 5" version) will have the same suggested retail price of $79.95. That extra inch or so of metal does not constitute a major cost driver one way or the other in the big scheme of things. Unless my Director of Production tells me otherwise (I just emailed him about this).

COBrien 10-30-2013 07:10

It's a baby!
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Fat_294979_336919.png

kkina 11-04-2013 08:36

Update
 
All stock is manufactured, just finished working up the new collateral. Unit packing is next, and then we can start pushing the new product out the door.

Thank you for your patience, all.

Kevin

shootnpoot 11-10-2013 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkina (Post 796256)
All stock is manufactured, just finished working up the new collateral. Unit packing is next, and then we can start pushing the new product out the door.

Thank you for your patience, all.

Kevin

Don't mean to push but curious as to when the little bambino strut can be ordered.

Marlin 45 carbine 11-10-2013 15:46

I immeditaly notice the barrel diameter and the sling mount (bottom of gas block) difference
and the s/s vs blued bbl.

kkina 11-11-2013 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootnpoot (Post 797333)
Don't mean to push but curious as to when the little bambino strut can be ordered.

The little bambinos (wish I thought of that!) are fully-stocked and shipping immediately. I'm still updating info on the website, but the product is good2go.

Kevin

whofarted 11-11-2013 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkina (Post 797410)
The little bambinos (wish I thought of that!) are fully-stocked and shipping immediately. I'm still updating info on the website, but the product is good2go.

Kevin

I bet he'd let you have the name for a courtesy strut


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.