Scope rail - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 08:02   #1

Anyone used this rail for a red dot?

mount

It's about 1/4 the price of others I've seen, and I'm not very impressed with my B-square "see thru". Can't see my front sight thru it for crap and it's too high. I'm giving up on the see thru and looking at this one or the $50 weigand.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:58   #2

That only works on ranch rifles, assuming you were thinking about putting it on a standard or "range" rifle. They look pretty good to me, I like them becasue you have more places to put the scope instead of the standard place. I have my red dot on a Scout configeration, which works best for me.

Chuck
DrMaxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 13:49   #3

I've actually got 2 potential uses for it. 1st use is on my Mini-30 ranch. 2nd use is on my new pc-4 (this retailer's auction on gunbroker.com claims it will fit the pc-4 too). I've run the b-square rail on my mini and not cared for it. I've also got some see-thru weaver rings, which I like, but they only work with a 1 inch tube (the Bushnell Trophy I have is 30mm). The weaver rings work well for my 2-7x Rifleman scope - but the 30mm red dot is problematic. Scout mount is out for me - I'm lucky enough to have an ASI .75 barrel and adj. gas block which I don't want to mess with. All the scout rails I've seen require a factory contour barrel or replace the upper gas block. I was thinking of trying this mount, as I could use the factory 30mm Bushnell rings, but $15 sounds almost too good to be true!

Old 11-29-2005, 10:54   #4

Anyone else used this rail?
Old 11-29-2005, 16:31   #5

For $15 it sounds like a good deal but I would like to see more information on the mounting brackets. If it's cheaply made, the thing could work loose with repeated firing.

I have a Weigand Combat mount on my Ruger Single-Six revolver and it is very well made and IMHO, worth the $45 I paid for it. I would vote for the Weigand mount simply based on the quality of the one that I have.
George S is offline   Reply With Quote