Perfect Union banner

Slide Arm Jam

953 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cajungeo 
#1 ·
First, I tried searching the site for a similar situation but was unable to find an answer.

Help, I think I screwed up my mini-14 ranch. I believe I put the slid rod in wrong and now the slide arm is jamed. I can't disassemble it bacause I can't open the chamber and put the safty on. According to the manual this must be done in order to diassemble the mini. I tried it but felt like I was forcing it. It didn't feel right. What do I do? I'm not totally sure if this is my problem, but from what I've read so far on this site I believe this to be my problem. The mini is fairly new and well kept so I'm not sure what else it could be, but then again I'm no expert.
Thanks for the help. :unsure:

#2 ·
You can slide a screwdiriver or punch into the receiver from the side and reset the hammer, which will let you apply the safety and pull the trigger group out. Just get the tool between the hammer and the bolt and pull it rearward until the sears grab and capture the hammer. Good luck!

#3 ·
Once you have it apart check the buffer guide rod. The end goes under the buffer pin not on top or it will jamb. Also check the slide rod assy, if the litttle moon shaped tap isn't fitted properly into the receiver slide slot it will sometimes jamb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.