Slide Arm Jam - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 12:09   #1

First, I tried searching the site for a similar situation but was unable to find an answer.

Help, I think I screwed up my mini-14 ranch. I believe I put the slid rod in wrong and now the slide arm is jamed. I can't disassemble it bacause I can't open the chamber and put the safty on. According to the manual this must be done in order to diassemble the mini. I tried it but felt like I was forcing it. It didn't feel right. What do I do? I'm not totally sure if this is my problem, but from what I've read so far on this site I believe this to be my problem. The mini is fairly new and well kept so I'm not sure what else it could be, but then again I'm no expert.
Thanks for the help.
Ravenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 13:31   #2
Super Vendor

You can slide a screwdiriver or punch into the receiver from the side and reset the hammer, which will let you apply the safety and pull the trigger group out. Just get the tool between the hammer and the bolt and pull it rearward until the sears grab and capture the hammer. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(with videos)

gundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 14:38   #3

Once you have it apart check the buffer guide rod. The end goes under the buffer pin not on top or it will jamb. Also check the slide rod assy, if the litttle moon shaped tap isn't fitted properly into the receiver slide slot it will sometimes jamb.

cajungeo is offline   Reply With Quote