20 round & 10 round magazine problems - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2005, 15:27   #1

I bought 1 20 round JTM mini 14 magazine and it fits so loose in the gun the magazine release does not move when you install it and the bolt goes over the top of the rounds. I bought 3 eagle 10 round magazines from CDNN. The problem with them is the bolt will not stay open on the last shot on all the mags. the eagle mags are OK otherwise. Can anyone give me any information on this. Thank You.
m1 carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 17:07   #2

The JTM's seem like a bad fit for your rifle. Can you return them?

It is typical for Eagles to not hold open the bolt after the last round.

You might want to try the Black Warrior mags from CDNN. ProMag also makes a great steel 20 rounder, much like the Factory 20's.
bwraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 21:13   #3
Super Vendor

This is a fairly common problem. The quick fix is to weld up the bottom of the locking lug on the magazine and file it down until it is a snug fit. This will raise the rear of the mag to feed properly and lock back on last shot....most of the time.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(with videos)

gundoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2005, 06:42   #4

The JTM magazine looks exactly like the black warrior magazine on CDNN"s website. I was wondring if the JTM and Black Warrior were the same magazine.
m1 carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 16:40   #5

Well, I've not heard of JTM's before, but the Black Warriors are made by the John Masen company. Maybe his middle initial is "T"?
bwraven is offline   Reply With Quote