Tips & Tricks for Your Mini-14/30 - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cajungeo
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 17:35   #1

INTRODUCTION

We can thank Bill our Administrator for this new section.

This new section contains Tips & Tricks, which are low cost mods you can do to improve accuracy, or function of your Mini-14 or Mini-30. Many will make your Mini more accurate, some will improve function, and some are just plain cool.

It is important to read them thru carefully before attempting them on your Rifle. Some are easy, and some are more difficult depending on your skill set, and tools available. I will not post any mod I havenít done myself, or researched as much as possible. I will not post any mod that I feel should be preformed by a reputable gun smith such as a trigger job, fitting firing pins, barrel changes etc. These types of mods or repairs require a higher degree of skill than us "kitchen table smiths" have. This section will be a work in progress for a while.

I have made a reasonable effort to post how I did the mod on my Mini. Please read each mod thru at least 2 times before attempting, or better yet use the "Printer Friendly" function, and print out a copy you can read as you go. Take your time. Do not rush thru. If you mess up your rifle do not blame me.

Above all else be safe. Always unload, clear chamber, and safety your rifle before working on it. Always be aware of where your muzzle is pointed. Be safe and wear safety glasses. I've seen first hand what happens to eyes not protected.

Now the fun begins.

Althom and C-Dub like this.
Closed Thread