New Members Click Here! - Page 26 - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2015, 17:25   #626

Welcome from North Texas
bluzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 18:55   #627

It is said that all good things come to those who wait.

YESSSSSSSSSS
I waited years before I finally obtained my Ranch Rifle and Ohhhh so glad I have it now.
580-series, Stainless w/Synthetic stock, Nikon Pro-Staff 3x9. Three 20 round mags.

My truck gun for high desert runs North of Phoenix!!!! Not a safe Javelina or Coyote anywhere now.
Bloody Basin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:00   #628

No more lurking...

I'd like to begin by saying how much I've enjoyed the information and great conversation I've seen on this forum! Very well managed and the members are second to none. I've owned several Mini 14 models over the years, with the ultimate goal of building a rifle that did three things: 1.)Handled well and shouldered easy 2.)Consistently placed rounds where I wanted them ( not as easy as you all know!) and 3.)Worked every time I picked it up! The attached photo is the result of my efforts over trial and error over 10 years and I honestly can say I accomplished my goal. I could not have done it without the valuable info I've read on this forum, so it's only fair to share it with all of you! I will post some specifics at a later time with a build/material list. You guys are great, thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
New Members Click Here!-image.jpg  
Rumrunner2015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2015, 14:57   #629
Registered Member

Im in Ontario Canada, and Just bought a Mini 14 Ranch, Black Synthetic Stock and Blued Barrel. I bought it mainly due to watching some online videos, reading here in this forum - and wanting a nice 5.56 rifle that wasnt a Restricted AR15 - This seemed like my best choice.

The Mini was drilled and tapped, and came with scope rings and mini length of picatinny rail.

Ive searched about and seen some posts on the included picatinny rail - but how has it been for everyone who has it - does the brass clear correctly when using this rail. - I already noticed on my first 100 round that the brass marked up the bolt handle on the outside a little.

Im currently deciding on my best scope option - dont have masses of cash left after buying this rifle and too many other "toys" since xmas. so Ill be reading of others experiences in detail here !

Thanks guys - glad to be here.
danyuld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 17:49   #630
Registered Member

Hi all!

Upstate New Yorker, switching to Mini's from ARs. Less to fuss about, more to shoot

Doing a mnimalist build on a 580-series Ranch: Hogue overmold stock, tech rear sights, Accuracy Systems integrated gas block strut, 1911 buffers, brimstone trigger, and ultimak scout rails.

Debating if I want to spend on an aimpoint micro or keep my Bushnell TRS25. Also debating if a two-point Spectre sling is worth it!
topazbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 13:48   #631
Registered Member

Just joined the forum and a lot of good information is found here. Recently bought a Mini-14 (583 series) and I'm really starting to enjoy shooting it. It has the synthetic stock and I'm wondering if anyone has any info on how to smooth down the rib line between the left and right sides of the stock? Bought and installed the extended magazine release from Accuracy Systems - no more bruised finger.
Althom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:51   #632
Old enough to know better

Stopped lurking and joined. Look foreward to absorbing all the knowledge and experience on the forum.
Cutback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 19:11   #633
Registered Member

Just recently found this site. I just purchased my first Mini-14 and looks like this site will be visited by myself a lot.
mmakster likes this.
S3v3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 22:48   #634
Operation:Mindcrime

Originally Posted by topazbullet View Post
Debating if I want to spend on an aimpoint micro or keep my Bushnell TRS25. Also debating if a two-point Spectre sling is worth it!
Welcome!

Ive got a TRS-25 on my AR15 and on my Mini-14. I may even get one for my 22/45 "Great Eight". I still havent spent as much as an Aimpoint Micro, and in the end, would it really be worth it? Think about what you could do with that amount of money.

Theres a revolution calling you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 22:49   #635
Operation:Mindcrime

Originally Posted by Althom View Post
It has the synthetic stock and I'm wondering if anyone has any info on how to smooth down the rib line between the left and right sides of the stock?
Hey!

The rib line, is it just the seem left over from the molding process? Pics?

Theres a revolution calling you!

Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 17:31   #636
Registered Member

Hey yall. I just got my first mini 14 back in December. It is a 583 series and I absolutely love it. I've always wanted a mini 14( mainly because I never could afford an m1A ) ha ha but I love my mini. I'm don't like the black top hand guard it has with the wood stock. If I was to find a wood handguard from an older series, could I make it fit mine? Thanks guys.
Ruger1xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:48   #637

Just bought a Mini 14 and hope to shoot it soon. This looks like an informative forum that I am going to enjoy reading and learning from you guys with all of the knowledge.
bill1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 18:48   #638
Send only the best!

The Mini-14 relationship can be one of love and hate at times. So no different than any other kind.
7.62 Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:36   #639
Registered Member

I'm new here & just got mini 14

Hi all,

I'm new here and just got a new baby .. Mini 14 chambered in 5.56, literally just last night, so hope I can pick some expert brains here... =))
Attached Thumbnails
New Members Click Here!-post-13700-0-27721200-1438647276_thumb.jpg  
nyc_dawg1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 18:31   #640

Welcome and congrats.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:18   #641

Howdy,

I joined up last nite. After finding your site last week, I browsed it for a while and it looks like you have a good bunch of folks here who are willing and able to help out. Looking forward to joining in on the fun here, and hope to learn a lot too.

I have a wide range of firearms experience going back almost 50 yrs, but other than wanting a mini-14 forever, have almost no knowledge or experience with them. I plan to change that soon, get one of my own, and hopefully broaden my horizons with your help.
Having worked with plenty of the black guns on-the-job for over 20 yrs, somehow, I never felt the need to bring one of those home. On the other hand, I always appreciated how the M-14 handles and if I could have brought one of those home I would have. The mini-14 is right up my alley, and making a tough reliable base gun into something that meets my specs is part of the fun which I'm looking forward too. I've jawed enough I guess. Will open a new thread to start in with some questions on the best way to get started. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards..
338Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 13:57   #642

Congrats and welcome from Texas.
Old 09-15-2015, 15:11   #643

Hello from Sequim, WA

I signed up several months ago and have been lurking and reading since.
I bought my first Mini 14 today and want to thank everyone for all of the great information available on this site. It really helped in making my decision.

cleanodeano and mmakster like this.
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 00:11   #644
Registered Member

Hey, new member here. I'm Geoff from Anchorage, AK. I have a model 583 that I'm trying to improve and hope to find help here.
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:52   #645
Forum Vendor

Welcome to the forum.
301 W Deer Valley Rd, Suite #6
Phoenix, AZ 85027
623-434-8372

Viper 1-26 INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 16:36   #646
Registered Member

Awesome to find this! I'm a mini owner and love this new info I'm finding! The blog I found here enabled me to get a rail shipped from Ruger for my mini! Thanks again!
mmakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 16:40   #647
Forum Vendor

Originally Posted by mmakster View Post
Awesome to find this! I'm a mini owner and love this new info I'm finding! The blog I found here enabled me to get a rail shipped from Ruger for my mini! Thanks again!
Welcome to the Forum.
301 W Deer Valley Rd, Suite #6
Phoenix, AZ 85027
623-434-8372

Viper 1-26 INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 21:02   #648

Just got a new Stainless Mini 14. Read a few threads here and after a recommendation from sandog I decided to register. I look forward to your threads and making my Mini a great companion.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 21:47   #649
Registered Member

Howdy from Upper East Tennessee.
Joined yesterday after I found this site.
I've recently bought a Mini-14 Tactical and Mini-30 Tactical mainly for ammo availability, reliability of the Garand type action, fast handling size and ease of maintenance (as far as I know.)
Been shooting M-16/M-4's for 35 years and counting and never really liked them as I always thought they were a pain to keep clean especially in the desert of Iraq.
Not crazy about the ATI stocks on the tactical models, so I'm trying a Hogue over-molded stock and a factory synthetic stock.
My first decision will be ammo for the Mini-14. My assumption is a 55 grain is the best starting point with a 1:9 twist. I'm thinking the IMI brand from Israel.
As of now I don't plan on many modifications other than a trigger job (with possibly a heavier guide and hammer spring from Accuracy Systems and replacing the rear sight and a better front sight if I can find one (I like hi-vis or tritium even better.)
I'm really looking forward to reading through all this wealth of information. I won't starting posting questions until I've done my reading homework, but if y'all are so moved, feel free to start slinging advice to me!
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
V/r,
Frank
WASP likes this.
Frank Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 21:57   #650

Originally Posted by Frank Mc View Post
Howdy from Upper East Tennessee.
Joined yesterday after I found this site.
I've recently bought a Mini-14 Tactical and Mini-30 Tactical mainly for ammo availability, reliability of the Garand type action, fast handling size and ease of maintenance (as far as I know.)
Been shooting M-16/M-4's for 35 years and counting and never really liked them as I always thought they were a pain to keep clean especially in the desert of Iraq.
Not crazy about the ATI stocks on the tactical models, so I'm trying a Hogue over-molded stock and a factory synthetic stock.
My first decision will be ammo for the Mini-14. My assumption is a 55 grain is the best starting point with a 1:9 twist. I'm thinking the IMI brand from Israel.
As of now I don't plan on many modifications other than a trigger job (with possibly a heavier guide and hammer spring from Accuracy Systems and replacing the rear sight and a better front sight if I can find one (I like hi-vis or tritium even better.)
I'm really looking forward to reading through all this wealth of information. I won't starting posting questions until I've done my reading homework, but if y'all are so moved, feel free to start slinging advice to me!
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
V/r,
Frank
Thats funny Frank, I just sold my M4 because it really wasn't me...er I couldn't get into it. I have eyed the Mini's for a really long time and I like the improvements over the last few evolutions. It seemed like a good idea to try them out and fill my semi auto role with a Mini. The amount of accessories available these days is nice too.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote