Muni 14/30 prices rocket up, picked up a PCC 40 - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

Like Tree138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2020, 02:21   #1
Temp Banned!

Muni 14/30 prices rocket up, picked up a PCC 40

Wow, gunbroker buy it now prices for Mini 14/30's are $1200+. For another $100 to $200 you can get an M1A! Also , 9mm bulk ammo today at the LGS $53.95/100 rnds. My firearm and precious metals investments are really kicking butt over my 401K stock investments. Ammo - 100%, Gold- 30%, Silver - 35%. The advantage of the Gold and Silver - i haven't run out of room yet to store it. The ammo? Yep i have reached storage saturation!

As for the PCC 40 - my LGS is down to one available- only because someone didn't pass a background check. Price - $689. I paid $599 for mine 3 weeks ago at the same shop. I did swap out the magwell for the Glock magwell. If anyone is interested in the supplied Ruger SR40 Ten rnd mag, please p.m. me. My forum buddies get priority. I will respond with a decent price (shipped) and my mailing address.
GAMEOVER and Bepe like this.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:43   #2

Cool

I would only ask those kinds of prices for my mini-14 because it comes with a lot of extra "goodies" like 4 different stocks(Muzzelite Plus, black Hogue Overmold, blonde maple or birch and a black poly Ramline folder) a brand new $280 Accuracy Systems adjustable gas system barrel strut(that I haven't even tested yet), a brand spanking new 200R Tech-Sight(that I just installed), Trinity scope/optics mount pictinny rail, a pin-on blued Innovative Inds. muzzle brake, a dozen stainless 20 rnd mags and 2 blued 20 rnd mags, a handfull of blued 30 rnd mags, a handful of polymer 30 rnd mags and one 20 rnd, one factory 5 rnd mag and the OME gas block with gas bushing, OME rear peep sight and OME Ruger scope rings. Also new recoil springs are on their way.
GAMEOVER likes this.

"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)

Last edited by silvermane_1; 08-05-2020 at 21:57.
silvermane_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:12   #3
Temp Banned!

These prices are for new in box and no extras
Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.

Old 08-05-2020, 12:17   #4
AKA CRABBY

Originally Posted by silvermane_1 View Post
I would only ask those kinds of prices for my mini-14 because it comes with a lot of extra "goodies" like 4 different stocks(Muzzelite Plus, black Hogue Overmold, blonde maple or birch and a black poly Ramline folder) a brand new $280 Accuracy Systems adjustable gas system barrel strut(that I have even tested yet), a brand spanking new 200R Tech-Sight(that I just installed), Trinity scope/optics mount pictinny rail, a pin-on blued Innovative Inds. muzzle brake, a dozen stainless 20 rnd mags and 2 blued 20 rnd mags, a handfull of blued 30 rnd mags, a handful of polymer 30 rnd mags and one 20 rnd, one factory 5 rnd mag and the OME gas block with gas bushing, OME rear peep sight and OME Ruger scope rings. Also new recoil springs are on their way.
Well how bout a field report on all that stuff an how well it works an any improvement you noticed etc etc on your Mini14.. And some PICS,Please...
40nascar and Bepe like this.
SMOGGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 13:28   #5
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by SMOGGUY View Post
Well how bout a field report on all that stuff an how well it works an any improvement you noticed etc etc on your Mini14.. And some PICS,Please...
Great point! I would also like to know how well that $2000 mini shoots with 4 stocks.
Old 08-05-2020, 13:38   #6
Suck it Leftists!

Originally Posted by silvermane_1 View Post
I would only ask those kinds of prices for my mini-14 because it comes with a lot of extra "goodies" like 4 different stocks(Muzzelite Plus, black Hogue Overmold, blonde maple or birch and a black poly Ramline folder) a brand new $280 Accuracy Systems adjustable gas system barrel strut(that I have even tested yet), a brand spanking new 200R Tech-Sight(that I just installed), Trinity scope/optics mount pictinny rail, a pin-on blued Innovative Inds. muzzle brake, a dozen stainless 20 rnd mags and 2 blued 20 rnd mags, a handfull of blued 30 rnd mags, a handful of polymer 30 rnd mags and one 20 rnd, one factory 5 rnd mag and the OME gas block with gas bushing, OME rear peep sight and OME Ruger scope rings. Also new recoil springs are on their way.
Im in a similar situation with all my firearms. Different/spare parts and magazines for each one. Odds and ends for maintenance and repair. On and on. I figure when I pass on the wife and kids will have no clue what most of the stuff is and end having a fire sale for pennies on the dollar or just throw in the trash.
r80rt, 40nascar, Bepe and 2 others like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 14:56   #7
Woods bum

I picked up a PCC today, a Rossi 92 in .357 magnum.
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 15:28   #8
Formerly "raf"

Was just at Local Gun Store (LGS) the other day.

Everything is at very high prices, and little "discount" for frequent buyers, as opposed to frequent gawkers. Past buying history always counts in price negotiations, but the prices have risen, even for long-standing customers. As always, "Cash is King".

Ammo is now sold by the box; Case/Spam can is not currently available. Just got in a 1000 rd case of non-corrosive Bear 7.62x39 ammo for about $230, delivered. Kinda high, nowadays, but glad to see it arrive.

On a good note, I scored a Viking Tactics war belt and a Ruger P-90 Stainless steel .45 ACP magazine for total $30. Not bad since the belt alone is currently sold by OEM for $130.00. I have some spare Ruger upgrade kits to make the formerly 7-rd mag into an 8-rd mag. Glad I bought the upgrade kits when they were still available. Unobtainium nowadays.

Feel bad for the newbies, but not much I can do to help them in the current environment, except to advise them to plan ahead, as this situation is likely to pass--with any luck at all.

Like I suggested in conjunction with obtaining flash suppressors: Someday one's range-friendly compensator might not cut it in the real world. Better to have a FS on-hand, than need one and find that is not available.

As always; Hope/Pray for the best, but Plan for the worst.
RIBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 16:05   #9
Temp Banned!

Wow, checked into GBroker to check on Ruger PCC prices. $750 and up for NIB and one mag. And Gold closed today for over $2000 an ounce. With all these trillions of $ in borrowing, the US dollar is declining in value by the day. I'm glad ive been collecting precious lead, Copper and firearms for the last 30 years.
r80rt, GAMEOVER, Bepe and 1 others like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 16:39   #10
Formerly "raf"

Originally Posted by Bepe View Post
Won't be long before toilet paper has more value than a greenback.

When SHTF... value will be in consumables. A can of beans...a box of ammo...etc. Cash will be worthless.

Bepe
Don't disagree, but I am not sure the ultimate SHTF scenario is upon us all. Having been through a number of previous "SHTF" scenarios, I am still here, as are we all.

Certainly we should take prudent prep measures, but I'm not entirely certain that all is lost.

Make sure you, and like-minded folks, go out to vote in the upcoming elections. The Democrats/Progressives/Communists seem to be advocating voting by mail, or other forms of remote voting, possibly so they can manipulate the outcome of the vote. George Soros has had funded a longstanding project, called the "SOS Project" which has as its' goal to install Progressive people into the Secretary Of State office in various States. Guess which person/office tallies the vote? The Secretary of State.

As Stalin once said: Matters not who votes; What matters is who counts the votes.
Bepe, SMOGGUY and MJM59 like this.
RIBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 17:15   #11
Woods bum

Nice....paired up with a handgun the PCC is tough to beat. Especially the .357, as it benefits the most from a carbine barrel in velocity gains. Close to rifle caliber velocities and the handiness of a handgun on the side.

KISS simple. Guess maybe the old cowboys knew what they were doing way back.

Bepe
I have a couple of Ruger .357 revolvers and a Ruger 77/357 bolt action. I'm a big fan of the cartridge loaded with 180 grain cast, at warm velocities.
Old 08-05-2020, 17:22   #12
AKA CRABBY

When SHTF... value will be in consumables. A can of beans...a box of ammo...etc. Cash will be worthless.

Bepe
An so will gold an silver in bulk,example,, I have ammo,food, TP,medical supplies etc etc...what I don't have is gold or silver cus I can't use it for much,can't judge its value for barter an don't have a scale,I do have junk silver which will be easy to use as it has a time honored face value,easy to give real amounts for stuff an will be spendable.
Gold as used in the OLD days as in minted coin is find, but not in bar form same with silver.An please don't offer me a pinch or 2 of dust or flake.LOL
Beck and Bepe like this.
SMOGGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 17:35   #13
Woods bum

Gold and silver will always be valuable, but not so much initially. After about three years when things calm down a bit. But at first, beans and bullets will be the currency of the day. One guy who survived Bosnia said if he had any gold, he would have traded it for toilet paper.
Beck, Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 17:36   #14
Glass Half-Full Member

Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
I picked up a PCC today, a Rossi 92 in .357 magnum.
Love my Rossi 92 in 357. I bought it around 1994-1995. The most accurate round so far has been Fiocchi 142 gr 357 Mag FMJ Truncated Cone. Hate to admit it, but the Rossi grouped nearly as well as my Mini-30 right out of the box at 100 yards. Since then I've tightened up my Mini-30 so 5-shot groups are always under 2" even on a bad day.

My Rossi 92 shoots 2-1/2" to 3" groups at 100 yards. Not too shabby for a pistol caliber lever gun of any make or model. Mine's the 20" barrel, and pre-button safety variety. No saddle ring though. I've thought about adding a ring for the cool factor, but so far haven't got around to it. I've ridden horses most of my adult life, so it would have some practical utility.

AS for the topic of this thread, Gunbroker is nuts. Guns and ammo prices are too crazy for me in general, so I'm hunkering down... not selling, not buying. The last killer deal I got on Gunbroker was a couple months ago... Two 100 ct boxes of brand new Lapua 7.62x39 brass for the price of one. No one else bid. I was surprised as anyone that I won the auction.

This is the second time in 10 years I've been tempted to sell the NOS Norinco x39 I bought for about 10 cents per round back in the day. I won't though. The ammo I have will do me the most good when the shooting part of this civil war starts.

PS: My 357 wheel gun to pair with my Rossi 92 is an original 4" barrel Taurus Model 66 (6-shot). IMO every bit as good as a S&W Model 19, and hard to tell the difference on the outside. Got Uncle Mike's rubber grips on it, which reduces the sting of hot loads to near zero.
r80rt, Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.
John 15:13

Last edited by Beck; 08-05-2020 at 17:55.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 17:45   #15
Woods bum

Yeah, this one is a 20", I'm impressed with it. I had a 16" years ago but it left with my second ex wife. I miss the gun. I found two cases of 7.62x39 brown bear today. 9mm is gone everywhere.
40nascar, Beck and Bepe like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 19:06   #16
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by Beck View Post
Love my Rossi 92 in 357. I bought it around 1994-1995. The most accurate round so far has been Fiocchi 142 gr 357 Mag FMJ Truncated Cone. Hate to admit it, but the Rossi grouped nearly as well as my Mini-30 right out of the box at 100 yards. Since then I've tightened up my Mini-30 so 5-shot groups are always under 2" even on a bad

Yea, i bought a case of that fiocchi Ammo for 40c per round about 6 mos Ago. I haven't shot it yet. Good to know the Rossi shoots it well.
Old 08-05-2020, 19:13   #17
Temp Banned!

Bepe
Im saving up a stack of ones to wipe with. Would be nice if 44's profile was on it.

Since my Ammo storage spaces are saturated, and " cash" is becoming worthless, im thinking of using some "cash" to buy a few cases of Scotch.
r80rt, Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 19:21   #18
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by Beck View Post

AS for the topic of this thread, Gunbroker is nuts. Guns and ammo prices are too crazy for me in general, so I'm hunkering down... not selling, not buying. The last killer deal I got on Gunbroker was a couple months ago... Two 100 ct boxes of brand new Lapua 7.62x39 brass for the price of one. No one else bid. I was surprised as anyone that I won the auction.

This is the second time in 10 years I've been tempted to sell the NOS Norinco x39 I bought for about 10 cents per round back in the day. I won't though. The ammo I have will do me the most good when the shooting part of this civil war starts.
Heck no, dont sell Guns and Ammo now! Not unless you need to trade it for other essentials like T.P., food and gasoline. But if you have more self defense assets than you need, Now is a Great time to cash out!!
r80rt, Beck, Bepe and 1 others like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 19:36   #19
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
Gold and silver will always be valuable, but not so much initially. After about three years when things calm down a bit. But at first, beans and bullets will be the currency of the day. One guy who survived Bosnia said if he had any gold, he would have traded it for toilet paper.
As far as im concerned, Gold and Silver are best used as a store of value, and a hedge for inflation/ Currency devaluation. Then at the proper time i will "Cash out" to use for essentials. The metals themselves dont have much practicle value, except that silver can be used as an anti bacterial in a colloidal form.
r80rt and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 08-05-2020, 22:03   #20

Cool

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
Im in a similar situation with all my firearms. Different/spare parts and magazines for each one. Odds and ends for maintenance and repair. On and on. I figure when I pass on the wife and kids will have no clue what most of the stuff is and end having a fire sale for pennies on the dollar or just throw in the trash.
Exactly there GAMEOVER, but to someone whom can appreciate all of those "spares" and accessories, they understand why.
Bepe likes this.

"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)
Old 08-05-2020, 22:05   #21

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post
These prices are for new in box and no extras
I was refering to the $1200 price point not $2K there 40nascar.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:32   #22

Gunbroker is a horrible place to gauge market value. Two idiots get into a bid war and drive the perceived value upward. Sellers often have friends that bid in an attempt to drive up prices
r80rt, 40nascar, Beck and 1 others like this.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:40   #23
Glass Half-Full Member

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post
Heck no, don't sell Guns and Ammo now! Not unless you need to trade it for other essentials like T.P., food and gasoline. But if you have more self defense assets than you need, Now is a Great time to cash out!!
I'm sure many would say I have more ammo than a guy could ever use, particularly 7.62x39. I'm just not sure if that's true anymore given the times we live in. If I sold my stash of Norinco/China Sports I'd just turn around and buy more ammo of a different kind, most likely. Probably not worth it. I'm partial to Russian Vympel and Barnaul products, but the Chinese stuff shoots well enough. It's a quandary... torn about what to do, so I'm doing nothing.
r80rt, 40nascar and Bepe like this.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:55   #24
Glass Half-Full Member

Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Gunbroker is a horrible place to gauge market value. Two idiots get into a bid war and drive the perceived value upward. Sellers often have friends that bid in an attempt to drive up prices
I just reported some obvious shill bidding on Gunbroker a few weeks ago. They didn't do anything about it. At the risk of making someone mad and losing my account I replied to Gunbroker support that they were incompetent and weren't taking it seriously. I did all the work for them, gave them all the details like any good investigator would.

I said shill bidders actually benefit Gunbroker, so its like having the fox guarding the hen house. I ended by saying next time I'd report Gunbroker to a government entity for allowing shill bidding under antitrust laws. They didn't get mad and close my account. They don't care enough about anything to bother.
r80rt, 40nascar and Bepe like this.
Old 08-06-2020, 15:22   #25

I had a PCC 9, and switched to Glock mags. Liked it, but it didn't do anything that my USGI Inland M1 Carbine does WAY better! A shame, really as my EDC CCW gun is my Glock 19 I got on the SO in 1994, and I have LOTS of mags....
r80rt, 40nascar and Beck like this.
imarangemaster is offline   Reply With Quote