Suggestion to ImaRangemaster. - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2020, 14:28   #26

Originally Posted by RIBob View Post
There are loads of instructional vids on YouTube, but the trick is to separate the posers from the real experts. A little bit of research will show you the way.

It's for sure that no video or manual can fully replace personal experience/training.

Another place to start is simple military manuals. This site might be of use:

https://archive.org/details/military-manuals

I have not downloaded anything from this site yet. There are other sites, possibly offering different manuals.

If one is thinking "big picture" this book might be of interest: https://www.amazon.com/Generation-Wa...s%2C160&sr=1-1
Bob: thanks for the links. I just bought two books off Amazon that you or someone else linked me to.

Randy
Old 07-15-2020, 14:35   #27
Formerly "raf"

Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
Bob: thanks for the links. I just bought two books off Amazon that you or someone else linked me to.

Randy
Glad to be of help!
RIBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 15:46   #28

This is a public forum, and anyone with true tactical knowledge may wish to think twice about giving away the store.
r80rt and Bepe like this.
jor-el is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2020, 15:54   #29

Jorel: It's not that bad here yet. I realize you are Ex LEO.

Now if this was CalGuns where the leftist trolls are deep I'd agree completely. That's why I told him not to post any of this stuff over there.

They don't even know this place exists, and don't care, cuz most think Mini's are unreliable/inaccurate crap only suitable for Pick Up Driving Rednecks and not worthy of consideration by WOKE Young Protesters who think only $2500 AR's are worthy of their attention.

Randy

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 07-15-2020 at 19:28.
W.R.Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 16:35   #30

There is also the matter of the reason why such knowledge is usually in paid classes; people would like to be paid. Over on Zombiehunters.org a mod quit and deleted much of his post content bc he realized it was cutting into his paid classes.
Bepe likes this.
jor-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 16:51   #31
Formerly "raf"

Jorel: It's not that bad here yet.

Now if this was CalGuns where the leftist trolls are deep I'd agree completely. that's why I told him not to post any of this stuff over tehre.

They don't even know this place exists, and don't care, cuz most think Mini's are crap.

Randy
I have refused to post some things on other well-read forums for just this reason.

Not for nothing, but one never knows who is reading, nor their "bots"

That said, and being cautious, I suggest "sensitive" comms be made via IM. YMMV.
Bepe likes this.
RIBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 18:57   #32

I have not forgotten, but have been moving back into my neighborhood house (1/2 to 5 acre lots) since the 9th. Painting as we move in. Give me a week or two to get settled in.
imarangemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:20   #33

***snip***

They don't even know this place exists, and don't care, cuz most think Mini's are unreliable/inaccurate crap only suitable for Pick Up Driving Rednecks and not worthy of consideration by WOKE Young Protesters who think only $2500 AR's are worthy of their attention.

Randy
Wow...so that explains it...

"cuz most think Mini's are unreliable/inaccurate crap only suitable for Pick Up Driving Rednecks"

I have wondered for so long why I only feel truly alive when I am out in my truck with my Mini-14 on the seat next to me!

Thanks Randy!
r80rt, W.R.Buchanan, RJF and 2 others like this.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:14   #34

Then opinion of the Mini-14 on Calguns has improved dramatically in the last year, largley because of the efforts of WR Buchanan, SMLE Man, myself, and half a dozen others educating them. Also the fact that more people are realizing they are better off with a "Commiefornia Featureless" rifle like Min-14, Kel Tech, or paddle gripped AR15 as a defensive tool, rather than a fixed 10 round AR15 that looks cool...

My featureless rifles...

Their advantage is that I am not limited to fixed magazine and can use a standard magazine release, nor am I limited to 10 rounders. That is because they are not considered Assault Rifles because they lack "Evil" features such as pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible buttstock, or forward grip My AR has a pinned stock and muzzle brake instead of flash hider.... The Mini and M1 Carbine are naturally featureless.
W.R.Buchanan and Bepe like this.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:21   #35

You might have noticed that things are heating up in our country? Fast only a matter of time til it gets to all of us.

We need Proven Tactics to increase our survivability.

Also Might be a good time to do some practice, and improve your gun handling.

just sayin'

Randy
Old 07-25-2020, 12:52   #36
Woods bum

Been doing that for 50 years, like most folks here.
Bepe likes this.
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:20   #37

My wife and I recently moved back into a house we have owned for 8 or 9 years. We lived here initially, but for the last four years it was a rental. It is in a small rural neighborhood where th houses are all on 1/2 to 5 acres parcels. Mostly older folks like me. We are 4 miles from town (about 20,000) in the Sierra Foothills.

First thing I did during the move in remodel was to build a walk in pantry. It is slowly getting filled with months 6 worth of all manner of staples: Rice, beans, flour, sugar, canned goods, coffee, pasta, etc.

Second thing was to mount new matching key locksets with 1" dead bolts on all door. It is sad, considering 4 years ago we never bothered to lock our house even when leaving town. Now we lock it even when we are home. Our once safe town has home invasions, armed robberies, and road rage on a regular basis.

Third thing I did was to locate my Mini-14 with a 20 round mag Centrally located within 4 to 5 seconds of anywhere in the house.
r80rt, W.R.Buchanan and Bepe like this.
Old 07-27-2020, 14:21   #38

Keeping the house doors locked at all times, even when home, is a given. I went over the GF's house the other day...she was up in the shower...nobody home and the front door open.

Murders...rapes....it is always the "other guy" or the movies that this stuff happens.

Only when it happens to you does it become real.

Bepe
r80rt and W.R.Buchanan like this.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 14:37   #39
Woods bum

Like I tell my wife, Cemetery's are full of people that didn't think it would ever happen to them.
W.R.Buchanan and Bepe like this.
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 19:43   #40

I have a variety of weapons scattered around the house ranging from Shotguns to Rifles to Pistols to Machetes and other Large Blades and a Shambok at both entries to the house.

If you don't know about Shamboks they are like 5' long buggy whips that taper from about 1" down to 1/2" at the tip. They were originally conceived in Rhodesia or SA and made out of tapered strips of Rhino Hide rolled between two big steel plates. They were used from herding cattle but soon found other uses. They were coined the "Tool of Apartheid" as they were used both on animals and people. Very effective on both.

I assure you that you can literally cut someone to pieces with one and Cold Steel makes a really good replica out of some kind magic plastic. $25 and well worth it. One by the Front Door and one by the Back Door.

Randy
Old 07-30-2020, 16:40   #41

Thanks to r80rt's link to the book which I bought.

So I ordered 2 books from Amazon that were supposed to be here last Friday. Today I started looking for those books and find out they were lost. Except upon further examination I find out they had never been sent in the first place?

I wonder if this is Amazon Censoring gun or Combat related content?

Kinda bummed, really getting sick of Pre-Election BS and Political Tactics. The Democrats are ruining everything on purpose thinking we will blame Trump for it.

Except in CA the Democrats run everything, so why would we blame Trump?

Randy
Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.