Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By RIBob
  • 1 Post By Russ P
  • 1 Post By RIBob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2020, 12:47   #1
Formerly "raf"

Sending Your Mini Back to Ruger? Some Suggestions

The thoughtful user might want to take advantage of the situation to ask for some "factory-fitted" parts along with their original complaint/issue.

This will, of course, be at extra cost.

However, having sent my Mini back to Ruger, I'm glad that I asked-for, and received, a number of "factory-fitted" spare parts for my Mini. IIRC, the "factory-fitted" parts included, firing pins, extractors, and some other items.

I now have a lifetime's worth of "factory-fitted' spares, all stored in a baggie in the hollow rear stock

if you must send off your Mini, then I suggest you make the most of it, albeit at extra cost. YMMV, of course
2rangers and SMOGGUY like this.
RIBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 13:08   #2

How much did they soak you inquiring minds want to know? Did they do a line item thing?
2rangers likes this.
Russ P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 14:11   #3
Formerly "raf"

Originally Posted by Russ P View Post
How much did they soak you inquiring minds want to know? Did they do a line item thing?
It's been a long time since I sent my Mini back to Ruger. IIRC, it was to specifically ask for "factory-fitted' parts, just to have them.

As I recall, I did complain about the rifle's inaccuracy, although it wasn't really that bad, but just because.

Now, this was on a 185 series rifle, bought used.

Well, Ruger replaced the bolt, along with all its' guts, and I strongly suspect took some care to headspace the new bolt properly. At their cost.

All the asked-for (fitted) parts were provided, and costed-out, as expected. I paid for all of them, as expected. Ruger called me with a price quote, to which I agreed. No surprises.

Long story short, the Mini was FAR more accurate after being "massaged" by Ruger than it was before sending it to them.

And I have a lifetime's worth of 'factory-fitted' spare parts, as well.

Very glad I sent it back to them. YMMV
RJF likes this.

Last edited by RIBob; 06-23-2020 at 19:15.
RIBob is online now   Reply With Quote