• 1 Post By Beck
  • 1 Post By ammodotcom
  • 1 Post By wonkman
  • 1 Post By Ariz-surveyor
  • 2 Post By imarangemaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2020, 15:32   #1

eBay Mini14 magazine scam alert

eBay seller Jordan6027 is selling Ruger factory 10 round magazines list the as Ruger manufacture, listing the Ruger part number, and showing a picture of a Ruger mag. What you get is a Promag in a Promag package. He does not accept returns. I left bait and switch feedback.
imarangemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 16:19   #2
Glass Half-Full Member

Hey Ima, you can almost always return eBay items directly through eBay's return link. It doesn't matter what the seller says, especially in a situation like that where you don't get the item that was advertised.

I still say we need a Wall of Shame section on Perfect Union. I'm dealing with an online vendor as we speak who won't send an item I bought and won't answer emails or phone calls. Elite Tactical Components out of Arizona. Charged my card, says they ship in 24-48 hours. It's been 12 days as of this morning. Still not shown as shipped and no way to contact them or cancel the order from the website.

elitetacticalcomponents.com BUYER BEWARE!
PFerris likes this.
John 15:13
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 18:19   #3

Return button disabled.

Old 05-26-2020, 18:39   #4

Hey Ima, Let us know if they function. Iíve actually heard good things about the ProMag 10 rounders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 19:30   #5

I have had good luck with them before, it just p*sses me off to pay Ruger price for Promag.
kwg020, 40nascar and Beck like this.
Old 05-26-2020, 19:56   #6
Glass Half-Full Member

Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
Return button disabled.
That sucks. First time I've heard of that on eBay even when the seller says no returns. I guess things have changed since last I bought something there I had to return.

Yeah, I have two of the ProMag 10-rnd for the Mini-30 and they function flawlessly. Great, but I got them cheap. It would irk me too if I had paid Ruger prices for them.

Bait and Switch is against eBay rules, so you may try to contacting eBay support. They've helped me a time or two.

Anyway, thanks for the warning. I've got that seller on my bad list now.

P.S. You can also complain to paypal if you paid that way. They have their own standards for sellers. The guy might as well have sent you an AR magazine or a Raggedy Ann doll. The newer ProMags are good in my book, but that's not what you thought you were buying.

I'm more the kind to give 'em hell until they surrender... unless it's a trivial matter of a few bucks.
40nascar likes this.

Last edited by Beck; 05-26-2020 at 20:12.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:54   #7
Ammo.com

EBay has a Money Back Guarantee when you receive an item that doesn't match the listing. I'd try to open a SNAD (significantly not as described) case with them.
40nascar likes this.
ammodotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:33   #8
The Lord Humungus

I've had excellent luck with ebay but I've gotten burned a few times by Amazon third party sellers. But Amazon did take care of it. Luck of the draw. I only deal with individuals with very high feedback on both marketplaces. Thanks for the warning.
40nascar likes this.
wonkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 16:34   #9
Registered Member

Address

elitetacticalcomponents.com

975 E Riggs Road
Suite 12-154
Chandler, AZ 85249
Beck likes this.
Ariz-surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 20:49   #10
Glass Half-Full Member

Originally Posted by Ariz-surveyor View Post
elitetacticalcomponents.com

975 E Riggs Road
Suite 12-154
Chandler, AZ 85249
They're not even at that address anymore. I called a couple nearby business at the same address. It's a business complex, like a mall. No one I talked to had ever heard of them. So the address on their website is outdated. They've moved to Tempe, AZ.

I've resolved the issue with Elite Tactical Inc, but it was like pulling teeth. I found the owner's personal phone number through the Better Business Bureau. After I called that number and left a message I got an email response. They canceled my order because the product was in fact not in their inventory, though their website said it was.

I missed two auctions for the item because they were basically holding my debit card hostage. They could have charged it at any time and I may have ended up with two of the same product, so I was unable to move until they either delivered or canceled the order.

Tip: Call these one-man online operations first rather than after the fact. If they don't return calls or emails put them on your s**t list.

I would normally buy from "Real" companies like Midway and Brownells, but they were out of stock for a recently discontinued Burris scope, which sent me on a web quest to find it somewhere else. I finally found it, so all is well... after two weeks of major inconvenience. A business not answering phone calls and emails is unprofessional and inexcusable.
Old 06-01-2020, 21:06   #11

Update, guy contacted me after I left bad feedback and is giving letting me return it and giving me a refund.
kwg020 and RJF like this.