Mini-14 EBR Tactical Aluminum Chassis Stock - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2020, 19:03   #1

Mini-14 EBR Tactical Aluminum Chassis Stock

I have seen 3 different MINIALCS/CV - Mini-14 EBR Tactical Aluminum Chassis Stocks w/ the AR-15/M16 Grip and a Mil-Spec M4 Tube.

On the bottom of the chassis, each had a different marking: B3A, B4 and C2. (These are covered up by the trigger group.)

What do these markings mean?

Iím considering one for my Mini Thirty. Are they marked differently? How do you identify one?

BTW, Sage International has not responded to my inquiry.

Thanks in advance for any help.
st.attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:18   #2

I think there are differences with the Mini 30 model
The alpha-numeric codes are something Iíve never heard explained, they are not model numbers.

Check with Clyde Armory or US Tactical Supply
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 17:06   #3

Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I think there are differences with the Mini 30 model
The alpha-numeric codes are something Iíve never heard explained, they are not model numbers.

Check with Clyde Armory or US Tactical Supply
Well, here was the U.S. Tactical Supply response:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Sage MINIALCS. The difference between the two is one is for the Ruger Mini-14 and one is for the Ruger Mini-30. The Ruger Mini 30 is chambered in 7.62x39mm (the same as the AK-47 and SKS), while the Mini 14 is chambered in 5.56mm NATO/. 223 Remington, the same as the M16 and most AR platform rifles."

From Clyde Armory, so far crickets.

Old 05-03-2020, 19:54   #4

Sage armory is trash with support. I've sent then a handful of emails the past week trying to track down some parts. I would think those markings have nothing to do with models...maybe just quality control.

Anyways I just grabbed one for a mini 14 off Armslist for 4 clams. Looking forward to getting it soon. I can see what mine says once it's here.
Aguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:24   #5

Originally Posted by st.attila View Post
Well, here was the U.S. Tactical Supply response:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Sage MINIALCS. The difference between the two is one is for the Ruger Mini-14 and one is for the Ruger Mini-30. The Ruger Mini 30 is chambered in 7.62x39mm (the same as the AK-47 and SKS), while the Mini 14 is chambered in 5.56mm NATO/. 223 Remington, the same as the M16 and most AR platform rifles."

From Clyde Armory, so far crickets.
Sounds like a phone call is in order. Iíve always gotten great support from CA, but I always called. Too much can get lost in translation with an e-mail
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:44   #6

Sage has always replied to me in a timely manner.

Maybe Covid shut down?

Did you check your junk mail folder?

I don’t think that there is a difference in models but I never asked.

Getting one used maybe different than new. There are “teeth” (for a lack of better term) that custom fit to the receiver first put in it. Almost like a crush zone. Mine is almost too tight to take out. It’s also very heavy. Takes a lot of the handyness away but it is cool.
Old 05-12-2020, 14:23   #7

Mine says B7. For mini 14. Has M4 style stock
Old 05-12-2020, 16:38   #8

Originally Posted by Aguy View Post
Mine says B7. For mini 14. Has M4 style stock
Thanks for another datapoint.

Curious; do you know if it is for the Mini-14 or was it just advertised for sale for a Mini-14? Did it come from Georgia?

I'm figuring that the Mini Thirty version will also fit a Mini-14, but not vice versa.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:22   #9

Originally Posted by st.attila View Post
Thanks for another datapoint.

Curious; do you know if it is for the Mini-14 or was it just advertised for sale for a Mini-14? Did it come from Georgia?

I'm figuring that the Mini Thirty version will also fit a Mini-14, but not vice versa.
Yes I bought from a guy in Georgia off Armslist. It's for the Mini 14. The thing is a little beat up so I am going to have to do some TLC on it but nothing that can't be fixed.

I actually just called Sage to ask if the M14 stocks fit the Mini 14 chassis. Went to automated message and then hung up haha. Recording said to leave a message but the mailbox was full. I am just small fry when they are dealing with million dollar military contracts....

I think I'll actually be buying another one stock from US Tactical Supply. I just called them and they said at least 3-4 week backorder.

One positive to this Covid is less money on brass= more money on gear

Last edited by Aguy; 05-13-2020 at 10:44.
Old 05-13-2020, 13:24   #10

I had a ton of .223 and 5.56 brass saved up. I have been wading through it trying to get it sized, trimmed and the primer crimps cut out. I also have some twice fired brass I'm processing too. But, it doesn't take as much work to get it ready to go since it's already been processed. Personally, I keep an eye out for the Ruger original Mini 14 stocks. I like to pick them up and save them back. I have one but they have gotten as rare as hens teeth the last few years.

kwg
kwg020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 14:04   #11

One more- A clyde stock for the mini 14- says B8 on it- but it is cut off and may look like a B3 if you are not careful.

Last edited by Aguy; 05-20-2020 at 15:50.