• 4 Post By kwg020
  • 3 Post By RJF
  • 1 Post By 45acpskng
  • 1 Post By chill1955
  • 1 Post By 45acpskng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2020, 09:45   #1

Micro Dot with new eyes.

I got a Primary Arms Ultra Micro Dot awhile back but when I installed it I was getting streaks and double images. I figured it was my eyes and not the sight so I put the scope back on. I finally got an eye exam and some glasses. Turns out I do have some eye problems but with my glasses on the dot is clear and I learned without the glasses to shoot through the bottom of the dot. I really like the dot better then the scope for the upcoming zombie apocalypse as I also got some higher capacity mags for Christmas which may be handy.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:00   #2

So sometimes its not the scope that's blurry but our eyes. I have bifocals now that my arms have gotten too short. Makes shooting more of a challenge. Glad you got it all fixed up.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:29   #3
Suck it Leftists!

Im also a member of the Old Eyes gun club. It sure has been expensive to join though as I now have red dots or scopes on all my rifles. I have a PA 3x magnifier I can quickly add to any of the rifles with red dots to get me beyond 100 yards. Im also in the process of converting my best handguns to tritium front sights. In addition to having progressive bifocals, my eye Doc says Im at about 60% cataract level and when I get to 75% my insurance will pay for corrective surgery. I sure miss those old days of open sight shooting.
sandog and Timberdog like this.

Old 03-20-2020, 13:12   #4

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
Im also a member of the Old Eyes gun club. It sure has been expensive to join though as I now have red dots or scopes on all my rifles. I have a PA 3x magnifier I can quickly add to any of the rifles with red dots to get me beyond 100 yards. Im also in the process of converting my best handguns to tritium front sights. In addition to having progressive bifocals, my eye Doc says Im at about 60% cataract level and when I get to 75% my insurance will pay for corrective surgery. I sure miss those old days of open sight shooting.
I broke down and put a 2-7 scope on my 580 series Mini. It also appears more of my AR's are going to get a red dot or low power scope as well. Darn astigmatism. All of my front sight posts have two tips. I have to decide which one I'm going to use. I'm wrong 50% of the time.

kwg
GAMEOVER, sandog, RJF and 1 others like this.
kwg020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 13:35   #5
RJF

As with others, things for me are a bit screwy: using a scope, I'm good without my glasses; using a red-dot, I'm good with them! Irons are a crap-shoot, depending on distance.

Sucks getting old but - for the present - beats the alternative...
GAMEOVER, sandog and Timberdog like this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:59   #6

SSP eyewear sells safety glasses with the bifocal on top. These work extremely well someone like me, over 50 and using cheater readers.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 17:17   #7

Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
SSP eyewear sells safety glasses with the bifocal on top. These work extremely well someone like me, over 50 and using cheater readers.
The older military Chinook pilots had bifocals on the top and the bottom. There are a large numbers of switches and breakers on a panel above the pilots heads and they only way they could read them was to have the bifocals at the top and bottom of the glasses. The Blackhawk and Huey guys seemed to get by.

kwg
kwg020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:22   #8

Quite a few airliners have overhead CB panels as well.
These top bifocals are just what I needed to shoot pistols.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:01   #9

Cool idea. Bifocals on top. I wear readers and the glasses I got are for longer distance. I'm going to get some good ones with bifocals eventually so I can just use one type of eye help.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:20   #10

I'm at the point where I need my reading glasses on, to have any fun at the range. I just had Novaks put a Yellow front sight on my TRP, and I'm going to paint my Mini Front blade HiVis Orange/yellow. This getting old ****'s for the birds!
Timberdog likes this.
45acpskng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:40   #11

You guys are making me feel better about my degrading vision. Guess it's just a function of age.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:17   #12

I grew up hunting rabbits running jack rabbit actually, with a scoped .22. If someone says a scope is hard to get on target quickly, I chuckle. My eyes won't let me use irons for bench accuracy so virtually everything I own has a dot or scope.
kwg020 likes this.
Old 04-02-2020, 18:52   #13

If the Hi Vis paint on the Front Blade of my Mini 14 doesn't work, I have a brand new Bushnell TRS red dot in the bullpen, waiting to get called up.
chill1955 likes this.
45acpskng is offline   Reply With Quote