Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By jumpluff
  • 1 Post By tri70
  • 3 Post By Hellgate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2019, 17:45   #1

An enjoyable day at the range

Went to the range today and had a great time. I took my Hi-Point 995 TS and my Ruger Mini-14 model 5855.

I fed the Hi-Point a few rounds of Magtech 115 grain ball (brass case) and then ran Winchester 115 grain ball (steel case) the rest of the day. I was very pleased with the performance of both rounds.

As a side note, do yourself a huge favor and purchase a Hi-Point Mag Loader. It not only saves the fingers; it loads the rounds with the proper nose up orientation and minimizes misfeeds. When I bought mine I got 2 for around $12. A most worthwhile investment in my experience.

I fed my Mini-14 a few rounds of Olympic 5.56x45 55 grain ball (brass case) and then ran Hornady 55 grain match hollow point (steel case) the rest of the day and again I was very pleased with the performance of both rounds.

I just LOVE both of these rifles! Sunshine and 83 degrees with a light breeze, a perfect day. It was great to have the smell of spent powder in my nose and to hear the sound of empty cases tinkling on the ground. Life is good!
tri70, kwg020, Lurp2 and 6 others like this.
Old 08-01-2019, 13:41   #2

It’s been about a month since I shot my minis but I did get out plink with some 22 Lr in a Ruger American Rifle, great trigger on that gun!
jumpluff likes this.
Old 08-09-2019, 22:08   #3

Gonna warm up my SS 582 Ranch Rifle tomorrow in a Practical Rifle match tomorrow. Sort of a one rifle run & gun match. I hold my own against all the other black rifles.
jumpluff, RJF and tcsafety like this.

With over 15 revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball.

Gun control=OSHA for criminals

NRA-Life
SASS#3302L/Regulator
Hellgate is offline   Reply With Quote