• 4 Post By sandog
  • 3 Post By Mr.T.
  • 2 Post By smbob
  • 1 Post By smbob
  • 2 Post By 40nascar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2019, 18:31   #1

Heads up for anyone in Southern Arizona

Today I was going back to Cali after spending a week at my Mom's place in Cottonwood.
I came through Yuma and stopped at Sprague's Sports. They had a half dozen LEO trade in Mini 14 GB's. 4 of them had synthetic folding stocks and the other 2 were standard wood. All of them were stainless. They also had a blue ranch model with the pencil barrel and a folding stock. $599 each and that comes with a $50 gift certificate you can use in the store. Not saying that's a great deal, just passing the info along. If I was a Az resident I would have bought one. Just saying.
smbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:53   #2

I've got a friend that spends the winters in Yuma, he met his wife there when he was stationed there as a young Marine. He retired a policeman, and almost every winter, I go down to visit, and we take his Jeep out on a 4 or 5 day camping/exploring trip along the Border.
He always takes his SS GB Mini (wood stock) that was given to him upon retirement, and I take my SS/synthetic Mini-30.
He always swings by Sprague Sports so I can check it out, they have quite the selection.
sandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:58   #3

In Yuma!? I'll have to catch the 3:10 to Yuma and pick one up!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
40nascar, sandog and tcsafety like this.

No Step On Snek!
Mr.T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2019, 10:15   #4

Originally Posted by sandog View Post
I've got a friend that spends the winters in Yuma, he met his wife there when he was stationed there as a young Marine. He retired a policeman, and almost every winter, I go down to visit, and we take his Jeep out on a 4 or 5 day camping/exploring trip along the Border.
He always takes his SS GB Mini (wood stock) that was given to him upon retirement, and I take my SS/synthetic Mini-30.
He always swings by Sprague Sports so I can check it out, they have quite the selection.
I hunt dove and quail around Yuma every year. I stop by Sprague's every chance I get. Love the place. Really nice people who work there. Tons of game mounts there. Lots of cool toys for sale too.
Hotter than blue blazes down there at times, but I always enjoy the hunting in the area. Some decent places to eat
at too. Can't wait for the dove opener on September 1st.
sandog and tcsafety like this.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:19   #5

Originally Posted by Mr.T. View Post
In Yuma!? I'll have to catch the 3:10 to Yuma and pick one up!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
I wish we could have one Mr T.
Unfortunately the folding stock and the flash hinder make it evil in the eyes of the powers that be in Commiefornia.
Mr.T. likes this.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:45   #6
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by smbob View Post
I wish we could have one Mr T.
Unfortunately the folding stock and the flash hinder make it evil in the eyes of the powers that be in Commiefornia.
So when are we going to stop listening to unlawful edicts that come out of Sacramento? I think that got started in 1989 when they got an estimated 5% compliance ratio with "Assault Weapon" registrations,and more recently with a Zero % turn in of magazines with a capacity to hold more than 10 rnds. That is one of the reasons St. Benitez ruled in our favor and gave us "freedom week" to purchase normal capacity magazines in late March/early April this year. The Citizens know that these "laws" are unconstitutional and illegal.
Grow a pair man! Dare the PRK to steal your property without just compensation. St. Benitez will kick their ASS again!
Marlin 45 carbine and Mr.T. like this.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote