• 3 Post By Aklawok
  • 1 Post By hoagie90
  • 1 Post By Aklawok
  • 1 Post By Bepe
  • 2 Post By Beck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 02:30   #1

Mag loader for mini 30

Saw this at KM tactical, may be the alternative to the maglula everyone has been wanting.
https://kmtactical.net/ets-universal...ne-loader.html
Don't know for sure...going to look into it.
sandog, Beck and Bepe like this.
Aklawok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:08   #2

I'd like to know how it "picks" up loose rounds, rounds from an ammo tray, or rounds from a 20 round box. It seems you would have to put each round into that feeder strip ?
This (or a Maglula) might make it easier to load magazines at the range, but I don't have a problem putting rounds into a mag individually, when I have plenty of time.

When I don't have lots of time, I think I'd rather use the Cogburn stripper tool and SKS strippers.
Bepe and Coletrain like this.
sandog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:46   #3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cogburn has an adapter tool out for sale? got link to?
Coletrain likes this.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:54   #4

https://cogburnarsenal.com/product/m...ip-mag-loader/
They also have stripper clip guides that mount to the rifle.
Bepe has done a couple threads lately about the guide that goes on the mags.
Beck, Bepe and Coletrain like this.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:07   #5

Originally Posted by sandog View Post
I'd like to know how it "picks" up loose rounds, rounds from an ammo tray, or rounds from a 20 round box. It seems you would have to put each round into that feeder strip ?
This (or a Maglula) might make it easier to load magazines at the range, but I don't have a problem putting rounds into a mag individually, when I have plenty of time.

When I don't have lots of time, I think I'd rather use the Cogburn stripper tool and SKS strippers.
It has its own stripper, scoops right out of the tray.
https://youtu.be/FnOAlcvBHwg
Beck and Bepe like this.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:18   #6

I can see the stripper the KM tactical one has, but how does it "scoop" up rounds ?
Do you just push the end of the stripper down against each round you pick up ?
Old 06-23-2019, 08:09   #7

Originally Posted by sandog View Post
I can see the stripper the KM tactical one has, but how does it "scoop" up rounds ?
Do you just push the end of the stripper down against each round you pick up ?
Watching the video I never saw it pick up loose rounds, he grabbed them up from a loose pack and put the on one at a time. It does look handy though, he may have struggled a little with 308 rds.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:21   #8

Pretty cool. Too bad ETS doesn't make magazines for the Mini. The ones I have for my AR's and Glocks work fantastically.
smbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 22:37   #9
Glass Half-Full Member

Looks interesting, But I prefer the Cogburn concept because you can load preloaded SKS type strippers at lightning speed.

I bought one from Cogburn Arsenal as well after reading Bepe's post and checking out the Cogburn site. I've followed the Bepe path, buying more stripper clips and steel M19A1 30 cal ammo cans. I can't think of a more efficient way to be at the ready short of buying a bunch more Mini-30 mags. I have 12 Ruger factory 20-rnd mags. By using the Cogburn loader that's more than enough. I don't need anymore mags.

But thanks for posting about the ETS. It's always good to see new stuff.
sandog, Bepe and tcsafety like this.
John 15:13
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:37   #10

Got a reply from ETS this AM:

The ETSCAM-RIFLE loader will indeed work with the Ruger Mini mags. If you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to let us know. We offer a lifetime warranty and a customer satisfaction guarantee. Thank you for your interest in ETS Group.
Thank you,
Sara John
ETS Group
855-887-5452 Office
888-882-1725 Fax
www.etsgroup.us
Find us on Facebook at #elitetacticalsystemsgroup
Or on Instagram @etsgroup

THINK I'm in. Taste the kool aid!
Beck, Bepe and tcsafety like this.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:23   #11

I'm assuming the easiest way to use this tool is to load rounds directly from the box of ammo itself. I purchase Hornady specifically for my 30 and the rounds sit vertically in a plastic holder. You can most likely slide the tool across the top of the rounds instead of loading one by one. That's my assumption anyway.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
tcsafety likes this.
hoagie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 21:01   #12

Originally Posted by hoagie90 View Post
I'm assuming the easiest way to use this tool is to load rounds directly from the box of ammo itself. I purchase Hornady specifically for my 30 and the rounds sit vertically in a plastic holder. You can most likely slide the tool across the top of the rounds instead of loading one by one. That's my assumption anyway.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
That is what they show in the video, no stripper needed. Picks up rounds by the rim. Link in post #5
Bepe likes this.
Old 06-26-2019, 00:38   #13

Some how I missed the video. Just watched it. Sootch knows his business. Price is right and it looks good for the range. I'm in. At least it should save the fingers.
Bepe
Beck likes this.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:20   #14
Glass Half-Full Member

Though the Cogburn Arsenal Stripper loader is better for my purposes, I can see that the ETSCAM Loader would be a finger saver, even if not as fast for the square boxes like Wolf, Golden Tiger, Geco, Silver Bear, etc.

It would work for my American Eagle, Winchester, PPU and even for China Sports/Norinco if the Styrofoam inserts hold up. I shoot mostly Vympel (Golden Tiger and RAS) these days so I wouldn't have the benefit of scooping the rounds.

I still have to see to believe how well it would work with Mini-30 mags in particular since they can be finicky. At this point I'd rather spend a bit less for a second Cogburn. For those who don't having any stripper clips and don't want any, the ETSCAM Loader would be the answer.

The speed of the Cogburn Stripper Loader is a big draw for me. I can sit at my leisure, watching Gilligan's Island on TV and sipping a Cocal-Cola Classic while loading strippers. Then I'm all set for speed-loading mags when needed.

PS: It's Ginger and Mary Ann that keep me riveted to the TV during Gilligan's Island.
Bepe and tcsafety like this.
John 15:13
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote