New California Laws July 1st - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2019, 22:53   #26
Temp Banned!

Thats not very much IMA. You might need to make a trip to Auburn or Marysville before 7/1!
tcsafety likes this.
40nascar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:40   #27
Gunslinger

You can go down any time with your documents and upgrade your license to a Real ID, you don’t have to wait until it expires. You do have to pay a fee, I think mine was $28.00. It won’t extend the expiration date.
Mr.T. likes this.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:27   #28

Let's not leave out that our California state gasoline tax is jumping up another 5.6 cents a gallon on July 1st to a whopping total of 47.3 cents a gallon-this number doesn't even include federal tax!
A couple of days ago here in the central valley I paid $4.09 a gallon for diesel. Care to post what you folks in other states are paying?
nickelplate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2019, 13:35   #29

Just paid $3.59 for bio-deisel here in the OC. Got my RealID earlier this year. Used my CCW licence to establish residence. Had to train 2 DMV workers that it complies with their requirements. Loved the look on their faces.

Have been slowly stocking up on ammo through the year. Will get more to hold me through while they work out the problems that WILL arise. CRPA is working on fighting it, but it's a long process.

Ok, I think I'm caught up on this post...
tri70, 40nascar and Mr.T. like this.
tcsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 20:05   #30

I just picked up another 500 rounds of 5.56 for $150 at the LGS. Miwall commercial reloads. Same stuff our SO and PD uses. Might do another 500 when I get back in town the end of the week. Good stuff for plinking. Save the factory for "duty". Miwall makes both 223 and 5,56 reloads. The 5.56 are hotter and used 5.56 brass.
tcsafety likes this.
imarangemaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:44   #31
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
I just picked up another 500 rounds of 5.56 for $150 at the LGS. Miwall commercial reloads. Same stuff our SO and PD uses. Might do another 500 when I get back in town the end of the week. Good stuff for plinking. Save the factory for "duty". Miwall makes both 223 and 5,56 reloads. The 5.56 are hotter and used 5.56 brass.
I thought MiWall didn't do onsite sales at their manufacturing site? .223/5.56 doesn't stay on the shelf very long in Sacramento region.
imarangemaster likes this.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:05   #32

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post
I thought MiWall didn't do onsite sales at their manufacturing site? .223/5.56 doesn't stay on the shelf very long in Sacramento region.
Miwall is in the same town, and my local gunshop goes over there and picks it up to save shipping. I got it from the local gun shop. of the three brick and mortar gunshops in town, two get much of their ammo from Miwall.
Old 06-24-2019, 18:05   #33

Checked Walmart in Cottonwood, CA (by Redding) and got Winchester WCC M193 bulk for $0.29 a round ($58/200). Grabbed 600 rounds. I prefer Lake city. but the WCC nato cross head stamped is very good too. Just hard to find cheap and bulk. I may grab another 400 on my way back through later this week.
40nascar and tcsafety like this.
Old 06-24-2019, 18:29   #34

This is all I have to say about the communists trying to get rid of any resistance. You boys need ammo, cmon up for a visit. I will load you down with as much lead as you can carry. In the mean time F any law usurping the second. The California bad asses need to stand up and FU to their state fagislature. When I think of Kit Carson and the fight for California it makes me sick. Kick some ass boyz.
Old 06-24-2019, 20:23   #35

Our new governor Gavin "Newscum" once said that "private firearms ownership in our society is deviant behavior!" Oh, BTW, he made an executive order discontinuing capital punishment, even though the voters voted it back in!
Mr.T. likes this.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:30   #36
Suck it Leftists!

After reading and doing some research I find it revolting that I would have to pay $8, drive 20 miles, provide a birth certificate and a bill showing my current address, wait in line at the DMV, and get a new photo to obtain this real ID. My license does not expire for 6 years, I donít ever plan to fly again, and I donít live in a commie state I guess Iím good till Oct. 2020. It wouldnít surprise me that someone has filed a lawsuit claiming this is discriminatory or unfair to the poor and disadvantaged.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:35   #37

Our new governor Gavin "Newscum" once said that "private firearms ownership in our society is deviant behavior!" Oh, BTW, he made an executive order discontinuing capital punishment, even though the voters voted it back in!
You know, I think we need to revisit the electoral process. The electors should be mandated to vote on the will of the state's counties. In doing so the will of the state's residency is ensured. Washington, Orygun, California are all being ruled by 2.5 counties here in Washington, maybe 3-4 in Orygun. California is the same. This would wipe out the communist left because they would never be elected again. Now we just have to remove the communists in the colleges and universities preaching their hate America communist bullscat.
SAN14, 40nascar and imarangemaster like this.
Old 06-27-2019, 20:01   #38

Fellows, I'm from Ca. so I have a right to my personal and professional opinion on this (insert rant).

In short, it's time for the big one and Ca. needs to just slide off into the Pacific or Mexico needs to start a war and take it back (we should just give it to them and avoid loss of personnel). Is this a harsh outlook... yes. I do not openly wish harm to any decent reasonable human anywhere but look what has been allowed to happen there. I will not ever be able to return to my place of birth again unless the madness is stopped. I will not even attempt to list the idiocrasy as it would be a computer print out of all the outrageous fees / taxes, PROP's, safe havens, politicians defying the Constitution and federal law etc. on and on.

Bottom line, who do we get mad at? The politicians, the people who voted it (even if it violated the Constitution / Fed. Laws), the US DOJ for allowing them to violate Fed. statute and get away with it, the people that DIDN'T stand up and demand recall of the laws and the politicians that pushed it?

So sad..... Ca. WAS a beautiful place to live until about 1975 or so. Then it just lost it's mind / common sense and went totally off the chain. I believe that Ca. will be one of if not the first state to actually become a third world 4th rate example of what will happen to our whole country if WE THE PEOPLE continue to allow it to be so...… For those of you in Ca. (and other people's republic of states) that want out, from the bottom of my heart I wish you the best of luck. For those of you that love, agree with and support what Ca. has become...… I will never be able to go "home" again and you won't miss me, just my tax $$$$ that support your continued stupidity and non-sustainability (enter Uncle Sam's check book here).

Fearful of what's coming for my children (and at this rate, maybe me!),

Capt. Thomas
CaptThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:15   #39

I wish I had an answer for you Cap. I ponder the larger version in the form of a civil war, how does it end? Assuming given good cause we end up in Washington, now what? They all ran away to hide like the cowards they are. They are still senators and congress people. How do we and who do we entrust with some kind of legal mechanism to legally depose them and restore order?
I have put myself in jeopardy for what I have said to my scumbag governor and murray and cant do well. Did it change anything? No. We have to hope and pray Trump goes two terms and we get another seat on the SCOTUS. Roberts the Bush appointee was cloaked and has back stabbed Conservatives numerous times. It's an uphill battle and the lock-stepping communists that are called journalists do not help. Just imagine if they actually went after the real news instead of chanting the party line.
40nascar and tcsafety like this.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:59   #40

speaking of so-called journalists, I watched a Netflix feature last night about the outrage from journos about being held accountable for what they spew.

I would feel some empathy for them IF they would report facts where ever they may lead, instead ALL I see is them editorializing their own opinion and the poitical agenda of their employers.

Peter Thiel (Gay), bank-rolled Hulk Hogan's bankrupting Gawker (headed by another Gay man) $140,000,000+ judgement;

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B710&FORM=VIRE

Thiel founded PayPal, he makes excellent points in this interview.

The vid in the que after the above one is quite telling about the Gawker that is soo emotionally defended by journos to CYA regarding their own actions
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:10   #41
Temp Banned!

We
That's pretty rich, coming from a fellow that allowed fudgepacker weddings in San Fagsisco before it was legal. Now that's deviant!

If one of his family members gets murdered, then we see him turn on a dime about the death penalty.
chill1955 and SMOGGUY like this.

Last edited by 40nascar; 06-28-2019 at 08:12. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-28-2019, 12:33   #42

I would normally say this doesn't affect me, however it does annoy me.

The only factory ammo I buy is for when I go to Front Sight which requires only Factory Loaded Ammo use in the classes. I just buy it at Walmart when I get there. The only other factory ammo I use is .22 LR's and I have a bunch of that which I use for shooting Rimfire Silhouette about 6 times a year.

I reload everything else. I have enough .223, .308,.3006, .30-30, .303 Brit, .40 S&W .44 Special/ Magnum, .45-70 Brass and 12 ga Hulls to last for the rest of my life and some other people's lives as well.

I cast the majority of the boolits I shoot in the Pistols and Large Rifles and Shotgun Slugs, and I am now manufacturing Non Toxic Shotgun Slugs for use in CA and am the only outfit "Certified by the State" and on the list offering NT Slugs.

What is annoying is that the courts will back the play by the CA DOJ on this but won't back efforts to overturn the Motor Voter Law, which mutated into giving Illegals DL's, which then turned into "Vote by Mail for Anyone," which then led to "Same Day Voter Registration,"and then to "Anyone can return your Ballot to a polling place for you," which led to all five Republican Seats falling to Democrats in Orange County in the 2018 election. They were still finding ballots in people's cars 3 weeks after the election, and surprise,,, they were all Votes for Democrats!

Pure and Obvious Corruption which goes unchallenged by the RNC, because CA is a Lost Cause?

The way to flip this state back Red is to flip the Mexicans who are pretty sick of being used and lied to by the Democrats, and are willing to vote the other way as long as someone will simply pay attention to them and educate them!

I Wonder why this hasn't happened,,, and Why conceding 57 Electoral Votes is just part of the Election Game that the RNC decided to live with?

Oh and have you noticed that they are trying to do the exact same thing in New York right now? Well they are! wonder if the RNC will fight that or just concede New York as well.

When winning CA for the Republicans would guarantee winning any National Election.

Believe me the Swamp runs real deep!

My .02

Randy
Old 06-28-2019, 12:36   #43

Randy, you forgot to mention the automatic implicit voter registration they're doing now at CA DMV's. You have to specifically inform the DMV clerk you are not a citizen and would like to opt out of voter registration - otherwise they just register you and now you can vote as a non-citizen!

No Step On Snek!
Mr.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 13:22   #44

I suspect the libs have some photos of Judge Robers in a compromising position or some other form of blackmail. I wouldn't put it past Eric Holder to have done such a thing. After all, he sold guns to drug lords so he could blame gun crimes on us.
chill1955, tcsafety and Mr.T. like this.

With over 15 revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap & ball.

Gun control=OSHA for criminals

NRA-Life
SASS#3302L/Regulator
Hellgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:26   #45

Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
I suspect the libs have some photos of Judge Robers in a compromising position or some other form of blackmail. I wouldn't put it past Eric Holder to have done such a thing. After all, he sold guns to drug lords so he could blame gun crimes on us.
Yeah no kidding. That is exactly what I thought. I guess we should be happy they used their arrow at Kavanaugh before he became a justice.
40nascar likes this.