Perfect Union banner

Samson Mfg folding stock

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  migyver 
#1 ·
#5 ·
'Twould be great if they could incorporate a minor amount of LOP options. I have an ancient Choate folder (pre-1980) that is swet but the LOP is a bit long (although it is about he same as a current stock Ruger wooden stock).

I'm set on Mini stocks, with two I occasionally swap out for the two Minis I have. Weight is another factor. Keep it light! Many Mini enthusiasts would gladly pay extra for Titanium.

Neither of my two Minis wear a pistol-grip stock right now, but both could be should my desires change (two stocks "in storage").

I sure hope they work this out and really become a "player", but they'll need to keep the price competitive.

#7 ·
So I have been keeping an eye on this and I saw this ad, which I thought would interest you. It looks like this is a do it your self project which will require the Samson portion of the stock for $246 plus the purchase of a factory Ruger wood stock (personally...if I did this...I would want to purchase a additional wood stock to modify so I could go back to the original configuration if the situation called for it...YMMV).

So given the Samson price holds and given the purchase of a new factory Ruger wood stock for the project (Midway has them for $100 currently as an example) you would be talking around $350 or so. That is not inexpensive, and one could economize if they modify their original stock or can pick a copy at a lower price.

Additionally, one has to have the skills and tools to handle the "do it yourself" portion of the project. Now that said, I am a fairly capable "mechanic", but a very sad carpenter. I am always in awe of those of you with woodworking skills. So, I would sure want to see the instructions (which I sure hope are provided) before venturing down this road to see if I had a reasonable chance of successfully pulling it off.

So all that said, I remain interested and will keep watching this, but I am a bit sobered by the price I have calculated and the thought of having to chop off part of a $100 stock which might require some refinishing at the cut? The hardware attaching aspect I think I could handle. I have typical hand tools, but I sure don't have a "wood shop setup" or the skills to make use of one even if I did.

So if it requires much finish matching and finishing and any significant tool purchases then I may have to tuck my miserable little tail between my miserable little legs and slink off to pout. :rolleyes:

I hope those of you who are interested in this project will provide any updates you come across and any thoughts you have...especially on the feasibility of the do it yourself aspect of the situation.

Attachments

#11 ·
Anyone heard any more about this? I can't even find the add that Jumpluff posted. My Google fu brings up nothing new. I'm still interested.
Although I haven't looked recently (I don't have a Facebook account and have to have my wife look it up for me), the source for this information was Samson's Facebook page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.