Shooting Sports Forum

Shooting Sports Forum (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Aluminum handguards for mini 14 (http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126185)

hawkguy 07-11-2016 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbo (Post 1066017)
Hawk<
What kind of metal handguard is the one shown in your post, Stainless or aluminum? where did you find it? You mentioned that you found a source for wood handguards too late, where did you find them?

oh...and if you meant the brown M14 hand guard in the pic above (#28), that was hand fitted by a member here....not available for sale, it was individually made.

hawkguy 07-11-2016 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1066081)
i sent you a link to the same steel hand guard i have on ebay. click below. ONLY 2 HOURS REMAIN ON THIS ITEM! though, personally, it has bid far too high imo. :o....$105? almost unbelievable!

Ruger Mini 14 30 Handguard Blued Federal Ordnance | eBay

i got mine at northridge international inc. it appears they no longer have them. but you could give them a call and inquire.

dang...$122 final bid on ebay....who woulda thunkit? :o

there are also a couple of orginal wood hand guards up for bid. though last time i tried to get one of those, it bid up to well over $100. if i were you, chubbo....i'd go the gunville route.

Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle Stainless Wooden Handguard 1 | eBay

and if you didn't think of it before, the ultimak is a good non-plastic option as well (scout rail that replaces hand guard). although somewhat pricey, many truly love it and it is an added bonus that mounting optics will be lower and easier in general.

Mini-14® Scout Mount : MINI-14®/MINI THIRTY® SCOUT SCOPE MOUNT | Shop Brownells

Chubbo 07-11-2016 17:17

Metal Handguard

You guys talked me right into it. That extra special scarce as hen's teeth metal handguard is on the way. In the meantime I have designed, and have started to build an all aluminum handguard. I'ts about one fourth of the way built, and I might still finish it, while I wait for that almighty scarce blue Steel one to get here. Thanks for the heads up on that steel handguard.

Chubbo

hawkguy 07-11-2016 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbo (Post 1066521)
You guys talked me right into it. That extra special scarce as hen's teeth metal handguard is on the way. In the meantime I have designed, and have started to build an all aluminum handguard. I'ts about one fourth of the way built, and I might still finish it, while I wait for that almighty scarce blue Steel one to get here. Thanks for the heads up on that steel handguard.

Chubbo

glad ya what you wanted. sure hope you like it! :)

Chubbo 07-15-2016 13:53

Handguard installed

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, All:
The metal, Federal Ordnance Handguard arrived today, so, I installed it and took pictures. I probably should have left the plastic stock one, on the rifle, but I like this metal one and can always go back to the stock one. Finally found the stock, & box that the rifle came in, but not the box that the folding stock came in. That's still buried under something around the house.
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/attac...1&d=1468611655

223mini14 07-16-2016 04:35

That looks great.

tri70 07-16-2016 08:10

Nice setup!

DariStar 06-12-2020 16:58

Hey Chubbo, I agree with your sentiments exactly on the handguard and the grip! Great thread! Ive gotta say your 911 grip on the Mini-14 is a great piece of fabrication and excellent style! Very solid and classy, love it. thanks for sharing.

Hawkguy, I enjoy your input and threads too, thanks for sharing knowledge..I see you are still around.

Wondering if you still visit this forum Chubbo? I see its been quite awhile since you have posted.