Gunsmith in NJ - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 family of rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 15:05   #1

Gunsmith in NJ

Hey everyone!

Forgive me if this has been brought up, but I was wondering if there were any other fellow Mini Owners in the great state of New Jersey (note sarcasm) that can recommend a quality Gunsmith. I'm looking to get a trigger job on my 582 series Mini Thirty and have the barrel cut down from 18.5" to 16.5". Need it cut and turned down as well to accept original front sight with a later upgrade to the Mo-Reaper (which is sized to fit the space of original front sight). I know of popular gunsmiths such as GunDoc and Accuracy Systems and the like but I'm hoping to find a good quality smith locally before having to ship out of state. I had the idea of cutting the barrel down myself but stopped when I realized I would need a lathe to turn down the diameter as well to accept the sight I want. Any thoughts?? There's gotta be someone in this state that's good. Looking for experience recommendations. Thanks a lot!!
Benelli SuperNova 12g
ArmedWithACanon is offline   Reply With Quote