BX15 stove pipes - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger 10/22 Anything about the Ruger 10/22 family of rifles.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Gray
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 1 Post By Turkeestalker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2020, 20:23   #1

BX15 stove pipes

So I ordered three BX15 magazines for Pop's Armadillo Assault Rifle, mostly for aesthetics.
You can't have a folder without something dangling down... it's in the rule book right?

I get one stovepipe per magazine regardless of the brand of ammo., sometimes a couple three.

One of the regulars at my favorite plinking range, said that his fancy 10/22 race gun, does the same thing with the BX15s so he just uses the factory 10s.

Are they known for failing to eject consistently?

I've had a 10/22 Deluxe model for over thirty years, and I have plenty of ten round mags floating about, but it kind of ruins the look to me.

Do I just need to keep shooting them to 'wear them in'?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turkeestalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 00:16   #2

BX15 stove pipes

My BX-15 runs without a hitch. I use 1200fps ammo and faster ammo. The manual recommends 36 grain ammo.
Turkeestalker likes this.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:00   #3
Honor our Constitution !

TS...pull your trigger assy housing & make sure your ejector didnt flip around backward on re assembly.
mine did once & it reacted exactly as you describe.
jumpluff and Turkeestalker like this.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:03   #4
Honor our Constitution !

some mags have a secondary "ejector" built in (mostly factory mags) but if your ejector "finger" is flipped frontwards, it won't matter what mags you use.
jumpluff and Turkeestalker like this.
Old 11-06-2020, 18:49   #5

I fed enough rounds through them before taking it down to Pop, they settled in fine.
Rockys Pop likes this.

Turkeestalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:27   #6

Same Answer Plus One More ...

The ejector on a Ruger 10-22 can be installed backwards? New to me and thank you. Also pull the barrel and take a good mag glass and inspect the chamber where the extractor would be.

Sometimes with too much bolt closing without a round in the chamber will let the OEM extractor peen against the barrel chamber. You might see a tiny gouge or scratch. If sosss, polish it out.

I'm also thinking taking down the mags, (if possible) and polish the follower gently. Do not remove. Just polish what is there. Not much surplus energy in a .22rf to cycle the action if things are not right.

Are lighter bolts available? $$$ Hee hee hee. Understand that once you enter the domain of the Ruger 10-22 platform, there is no escape. I find fixing this small stuff fun ... others not so much.
HB of CJ is offline   Reply With Quote