Anyone using tech sights on 10/22 w/ a Butler Creek folder? - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger 10/22 Anything about the Ruger 10/22 family of rifles.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By grumpy_old_man
  • 2 Post By jumpluff
  • 2 Post By 51colt
  • 2 Post By grumpy_old_man
  • 3 Post By Marlin 45 carbine
  • 2 Post By 51colt
  • 1 Post By grumpy_old_man

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2020, 19:47   #1

Anyone using tech sights on 10/22 w/ a Butler Creek folder?

Considering this configuration, anyone else tried it?

Grumpy
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
grumpy_old_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:44   #2

I have done so with a Choate folder.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:05   #3

Originally Posted by jumpluff View Post
I have done so with a Choate folder.
Any issues with cheek weld or is the height about the same as the original irons? Was using a red dot sight with that stock and couldn't get a good cheek weld which is why I eventually abandoned that configuration.

Grumpy

Old 04-12-2020, 11:10   #4

I noticed no differnce in how I held the rifle or in my cheek weld on the stock...and it was very comfortable for me (for a folding stock which is not as comfortable regardless of the sights as a factory stock IMHO). Now that said I am 5 11 with longish arms and a large head....so perhaps this is a factor of my physical build?

YMMV
Old 04-12-2020, 20:09   #5

One of my 10-22s has tech sights and a BC folder I only use the sights with stock folded out. I like the stock and the sights.

Old 04-13-2020, 05:53   #6

Originally Posted by 51colt View Post
One of my 10-22s has tech sights and a BC folder I only use the sights with stock folded out. I like the stock and the sights.

Thanks much, that's the kind of info I needed. Yeah, I never shoot the 10/22 with the stock folded. But I do like the compactness of the package for transport. That was another problem with the POS red dot I was running - it was really too big for what it was; I want this to be a super-compact utility rifle that lends itself to accurate shooting.

Grumpy
Old 04-16-2020, 21:50   #7

I have a .22 Ruger fitted with like accessory I enjoy knocking cans out of the trail and whacking spinners diameter around 6inch range around 10 yds. Hip shooting me brethren puts up prize $$ or worthy items of value. Ammo, foodstuffs both already cooked and good to hit the grill, tools etc. We have a blast, camp a night or 2 try to out-cook the others. I usually get recognized burgers and REAL fries. Or sausages, peppers and sweet onion sizzles and slathered with quality mustard in the toasted poppy seed buns served up with sliced pickled red-hot jalapenos and steak fries fresh out of the deep frier atop the fire. Sometime a propane grill is hauled in makes life easier.
Excuse my rolling on comrades.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:42   #8

I too am a connaisseur of tin can shooting so much so I have mouse loads for my Winchester and milsurp rifles and of course black powder guns. Sometimes I have been also been known to go after 12oz varmints that hang out in packs of twelve.

jumpluff and grumpy_old_man like this.
Old 05-16-2020, 15:18   #9

Update:

Got the Tech Sights in (went with the TSR 100) and they're fine. Plenty of support from the stock for a good cheek weld, good sight picture. Need to pick up a second set for a rifle I'm going to rebuild into a dedicated iron sight trainer.

Grumpy
jumpluff likes this.