Not Firing - Shooting Sports Forum

Ruger 10/22 Anything about the Ruger 10/22 family of rifles.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 1 Post By jumpluff
  • 1 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 2 Post By 51colt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2020, 14:41   #1

Not Firing

Recently purchased a 10/22 carbine (new) the one that needs a scope ,no sights on it. I went to an indoor range to zero the scope at 20yds, put 30 rounds through it which went fine, worked great. Went today to an outdoor range to go for longer distance but the gun wouldn't fire, like the safety was on, trigger wouldn't move, moved the safety back and forth a few times no difference it wouldn't fire. Any ideas ???
YZblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 15:07   #2
Matthew 5:9

i'd either go ahead and get a BX trigger assy. ( installs in 10 minutes with removal / reinstallation of 2 big pins) and end up with a superior trigger pull......or send the gun back to Ruger because either your sear or disconnector, or the springs involved with them, have failed already.
SMOGGUY likes this.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:28   #3

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post
i'd either go ahead and get a BX trigger assy. ( installs in 10 minutes with removal / reinstallation of 2 big pins) and end up with a superior trigger pull......or send the gun back to Ruger because either your sear or disconnector, or the springs involved with them, have failed already.
Really, on such a new rifle. I thought Rugers were supposed to be a good product especially with the 10/22 reputation. How disappointing, any suggestions on where to get the BX trigger group assy.?
YZblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2020, 10:20   #4

I would encourage you to call Ruger and talk to them. I have owned and shot 10/22 rifles since the late 70's and have never had an issue.

I is always possible for a part to fail...even on the finest piece of equipment. I assure you that Ruger will stand behind thier product. Don't be discouraged and don't give up...this can and will be resolved and your new rifle will provide you years of service and enjoyment.

I am not down on the BX Trigger fire control group, but the factory fire control group is a robust and servicable unit and can easily be repaired if need be.

Just my two cents...
Rockys Pop likes this.
Old 03-01-2020, 13:20   #5
Matthew 5:9

I have a 1974 10/.22 that an over-adventurous 14 yr old turned full auto in '77
returned to correct state in '80 using Ruger factory parts and have never had any issue with it.
you may just have a flake of aluminum or a burr gnarling things up inside....
have you dropped the trigger assy out to check it visually?
jumpluff likes this.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:01   #6

Go on youtube and learn how to take apart your trigger group and bolt. Take a good look at everything. If you own a 10-22 you need to learn how to take it apart. At first, it will look overwelling but it's not that hard.

jumpluff and Rockys Pop like this.