Cmmg - Shooting Sports Forum

Rifles Misc All rifles not covered elsewhere!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bepe
  • 1 Post By r80rt
  • 1 Post By Bepe
  • 1 Post By r80rt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2020, 15:04   #1

Cmmg

Been having a hankering for something a bit different. I was looking at the CMMG Resolute 300 in 7.62x39mm. It used to be named the "mutant". AR design and takes the AK mags.

Problem is I streamlined and am trying to keep from stocking new mags in the inventory. I have the Mini 30's and the Ruger American Ranch that use the same round and magazines. Also the Ruger PCC-9 and my Glock 19x...same round same magazine.

After perusing the CMMG site late July I found the ticket. CMMG Resolute 300 in .45 auto. I always wanted a PCC in .45 auto but never see the Marlins. Magazine compatibility was a concern also. The CMMG has a dedicated mag well for the Glock .45 auto mags. I already have the Glock G30s and a pouch full of G21 mags. Problem solved.

https://cmmginc.com/product/rifle-re...300-mkg-45acp/

Ordered it up first of August. At the time it was a 10 week wait period. I think it is up to 15 weeks now. The pistol caliber carbines are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys. Going to be like waiting for Christmas as a kid.

Bepe
r80rt likes this.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 17:12   #2
Woods bum

I'm officially jealous.
Bepe likes this.
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:22   #3

Costing me big time RT. The used Marlins I have seen on the web have all gone big money. I haven't been shopping since the mayhem hit, but I imagine they are even higher now. Add in that I hate buying sight unseen on the web. Only seen one Camp 9 in person. Guy had it at the range about a year before Ruger introduced the new PCC. He was shooting it and the buffer disintegrated into powder. Locked up the gun. The guy didn't know what happened. I looked at it and told him the deal. Offered to buy it on the spot for $500. He said no.

Spend a grand or more for used with potential issues or buy new. The cost of not buying one years ago.

I'll post up when I get it.

Bepe
r80rt likes this.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2020, 04:59   #4
Woods bum

Yeah, if you find a Marlin you need to replace the buffer as soon as you can, the material they are made from didn't age well. The guns aren't worth more now, but the money is worth a lot less, I think you'll be happy with the new .45.
Bepe likes this.
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote