I sure wish we had a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum" - Shooting Sports Forum

Rifles Misc All rifles not covered elsewhere!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By jumpluff
  • 2 Post By Bepe
  • 2 Post By LousyShot
  • 1 Post By jumpluff
  • 3 Post By Garandimal
  • 1 Post By Swift Pilot
  • 1 Post By jumpluff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 14:19   #1

I sure wish we had a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum"

Pistol Caliber Carbine lovers...I know you are out there. I have a "sub-forum" were I can go to get my Ruger 10/22 fix and my Ruger Mini-14 fix. Now all I need to feel whole and satisfied is a Pistol Caliber Carbine sub-forum.

In my mind this would be primarily for center fire pistol cartridge firing rifles/carbines as compared to revolver cartridge firing long guns as they have the lever gun sub-forum. I would not be a hard ball on this as there are exceptions like my Ruger Deerfield Carbine that fires 44 mag. I would even peacefully coexist with the PCC firing lever guns if that is what it takes to get a PCC sub-forum established.

Although this has long been a loved category of rifles for me, it is a real gowth area right now so if you are like minded sound off and perhaps we might finally get the Moderators to set one up to stop us from whining

So...join the chorus...let us band together and see if we can get this some traction on this. I am currently really enjoying my Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm but am interested in hearing about your PCC experiences. So come on folks...sound off and let's hear some good conversation on this very popular segment of shooting sports!
Bepe likes this.
Old 12-01-2019, 14:29   #2

I'm in. Wouldn't be much of a stretch. Drop the FN-FAL sub forum and replace it with the PCC sub forum. Heck the last post over there was back in February.

Bepe
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 21:36   #3

Folks always think mods have more power than they do... Its the sites owner you need... Good luck with that.
whofarted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2019, 09:52   #4
Temp Banned!

I vote for the new subforum. I have a CZ Scorpion 9mm with the 16" barrel and a real suppressor.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:03   #5

Originally Posted by whofarted View Post
Folks always think mods have more power than they do... Its the sites owner you need... Good luck with that.
Ah...thanks for the tip. How do we ascertain who that is and what their contact information is? Thanks.
Old 12-02-2019, 17:36   #6

His username is Kevin. Hes not really active here.
Old 12-02-2019, 18:22   #7

His username is Kevin. Hes not really active here.
Thank you sir! I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Colleagues I have sent the text below to Kevin as a PM requesting the establishment of a PCC subforum. If you are like minded you might consider sending him a similar...polite and respectful...request to illustrate your interest.

Now I know that you don't need my advice...but I do highly encourage that any request you send be polite and respectful. Remember what Grandma always said...you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

At that point we have exercised due diligence and we will just hope Kevin looks favorably upon our request.

I sure wish we had a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum"

Greetings Kevin,

I would like to suggest that a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum" be established and a moderator advised me that I would need to direct my request to you.

Pistol Caliber Carbines have grown very popular and I (and I believe a number of my colleagues) would enjoy and make use of a dedicated PCC "sub-forum".

In my mind this would be primarily for center fire pistol cartridge firing rifles/carbines as compared to revolver cartridge firing long guns as they have the lever gun sub-forum. I would not be a hard ball on this as there are exceptions like my Ruger Deerfield Carbine that fires 44 mag. I would even peacefully coexist with the PCC firing lever guns if that is what it takes to get a PCC sub-forum established.

So, I respectfully request that you consider establishing a dedicated PCC sub-forum where we PCC lovers can have some good conversation on this very popular and growing segment of shooting sports!

Thank you for considering my request,
Jumpluff

Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 18:13   #8

77/357...

GR
Garandimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:51   #9

Love it Garandimal...very nice! So that looks like the NECG rear sight? What hight front sight did you have to use to get things liked up properly?
Old 12-07-2019, 17:09   #10

07-28-2019 10:22 was the last time Kevin bothered to stop by... how did that PM work out for you??
Old 12-07-2019, 18:48   #11

Originally Posted by Garandimal View Post
77/357...
[CENTER]
GR
One of my favorite hunting weapons
I've been bugging Ruger to bring back the Deerfield, but chambered in 357 Magnum.
Would make for an awesome truck & field gun, not to mention a dandy HD weapon for ban states... aka soon to be most of the U.S.
jumpluff likes this.
Swift Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:43   #12

07-28-2019 10:22 was the last time Kevin bothered to stop by... how did that PM work out for you??
I haven't had a respose thus far...but that is ok...I am content to be patient.

I figure Kevin may evenutally see it and respond favorably. If not....no worries...all is well.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!
Bepe likes this.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:47   #13

Originally Posted by Swift Pilot View Post
One of my favorite hunting weapons
I've been bugging Ruger to bring back the Deerfield, but chambered in 357 Magnum.
Would make for an awesome truck & field gun, not to mention a dandy HD weapon for ban states... aka soon to be most of the U.S.
Yes sir...I would snap that up in a heartbeat!
Old Today, 01:44   #14

I'm in I got my Ruger PCC.40S&W in May and it has been to Front Sight now and is well broken in.

I have learned how to run it efficiently, and just finished putting a side mounted sling on the gun. It also has a Bushnell TRS 25 mounted which is more than adequate for any use you might have for a PCC.

Randy

Attached Thumbnails
I sure wish we had a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum"-100464962.jpg   I sure wish we had a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum"-100464963.jpg   I sure wish we had a Pistol Caliber Carbine "sub-forum"-100464964.jpg