PCC 9---Midwest Industries - Shooting Sports Forum

Rifles Misc All rifles not covered elsewhere!

Like Tree35Likes
  • 2 Post By Bepe
  • 2 Post By whofarted
  • 2 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 1 Post By whofarted
  • 3 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 2 Post By 40nascar
  • 3 Post By Bepe
  • 2 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 3 Post By Bepe
  • 5 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 4 Post By 40nascar
  • 1 Post By Bepe
  • 1 Post By Marlin 45 carbine
  • 2 Post By Marlin 45 carbine
  • 1 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 1 Post By Adjuster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 12:44   #1

PCC 9---Midwest Industries

Butler gave me a scolding last thread for improperly calling the PCC the PC9. Correct terminology from here on out. Don't look at the end of the Midwest box....might have a stroke.

I was over on the Ruger.net Forum last week and saw mention of Midwest Industries M-Lok hand guard. I have the Mini's set up with a picitinny rail for a light and the Q.D. sling swivels. Wanting to keep all my long guns somewhat similar this hand guard fit the bill.

Close in looks to the new introduction from Ruger but not as long. Just about 12 inches in length. It came with the M-Lok rail. Fit and finish are superb. Mounted the rail, then it slides on from the front of the rifle. One screw mounting identical to the OEM hand guard. Solid and functional.

Got to get another set of sling swivels. Right down the PCC rabbit hole.

Regards Bepe
Attached Thumbnails
PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3869.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3887.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3892.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3879.jpg  
Marlin 45 carbine and butler like this.

Last edited by Bepe; 04-28-2019 at 12:44.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 21:11   #2

That looks soo much better than Rugers solution... Sorry to those who disagree but i think Rugers mall ninja version look like absolute garbage
Marlin 45 carbine and Bepe like this.
whofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:26   #3

Thanks Who. I like how it is shorter and ends before the front sight. Much nicer than the original fore end.
Bepe

Old 04-28-2019, 17:13   #4
Suck it Leftists!

Originally Posted by whofarted View Post
That looks soo much better than Rugers solution... Sorry to those who disagree but i think Rugers mall ninja version look like absolute garbage
Bout time you campaigned to start a dedicated forum to the Ruger PC
jumpluff and Bepe like this.
Old 04-29-2019, 18:21   #5

If I could I would. I have more contact with you folks. I'd suggest PM'ing Kevin.
Bepe likes this.
whofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 16:14   #6
Suck it Leftists!

If I could I would. I have more contact with you folks. I'd suggest PM'ing Kevin.
I’ll have my guy get a hold of your guy and maybe they can meet in a dark alley.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:46   #7

Thanks Bepe. How much are you costing me? Mine is still in jail, and you got me looking to increase my investment! Thanks!
curt mini14 and Bepe like this.
40nascar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:52   #8

Not a problem there 40. Glad to help any way I can.

These PCC's are the neatest thing since sliced bread. You'll love it.

I just installed the solid delrin butt plate from Ruger. It is on Shop Ruger. Thinner than the OEM rubber plate. I was running with all the spacers removed. This plate takes another 1/2" off. Brings it down to a 12" LOP. Lets you get right up on the rifle and doesn't snag your clothes. If you like a short LOP this is the ticket. At least this upgrade is cheap.

PC Carbine™ Butt Plate-ShopRuger

On a side note....I just put a Glock G19x on order as a stable mate. I'm down the rabbit hole hard.

Bepe
Attached Thumbnails
PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3916.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3920.jpg  

Last edited by Bepe; 05-04-2019 at 15:04.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:34   #9
Suck it Leftists!

I ain't going to send squat to Kev. If he or the moderators can't manage their own website I sure as hell am not going to. I sure wish there was someway I could put half the outdated PU content on ignore. Between that and my member ignore list it would streamline PU by at least 50%.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:57   #10

Have any of you tried the extended mag. release yet?
Rifleman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 15:13   #11

Haven't tried the extended mag release but did venture further down the PCC rabbit hole with a Volquartsen trigger group.

A finely engineered creation, CNC cut from a solid billet aluminum block. Adjustable for pre travel and over travel with a 2.25 pound pull weight. A crisp break.

Just the peace of mind of having the aluminum housing and trigger is worth the price of admission.

Maybe a set of Q.D. swivels and a Blue Force sling left on the list. Other than that I'm done.

Bepe
Attached Thumbnails
PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3932.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3935.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3942.jpg  
Old 05-07-2019, 18:32   #12
Suck it Leftists!

Originally Posted by Bepe View Post
Haven't tried the extended mag release but did venture further down the PCC rabbit hole with a Volquartsen trigger group.

A finely engineered creation, CNC cut from a solid billet aluminum block. Adjustable for pre travel and over travel with a 2.25 pound pull weight. A crisp break.

Just the peace of mind of having the aluminum housing and trigger is worth the price of admission.

Maybe a set of Q.D. swivels and a Blue Force sling left on the list. Other than that I'm done.

Bepe
Every time one of you guys post a new aftermarket part for the PCC I get slightly miffed and think to myself “Did I pull the trigger too fast on the Beretta CX4?. Yes there are aftermarket triggers, mag releases, bolt handles, and stocks for the CX4 but they’re expensive and certainly not always drop in. If somebody ever makes a 92 mag adapter for the PCC I may blow a gasket. Volquartsen makes some fine stuff. I’ll never have a 2.25 pound trigger on the CX4 unless I’m willing to drop around $500 for the trigger and housing.
Old 05-10-2019, 16:11   #13

Not a problem there 40. Glad to help any way I can.

These PCC's are the neatest thing since sliced bread. You'll love it.

I just installed the solid delrin butt plate from Ruger. It is on Shop Ruger. Thinner than the OEM rubber plate. I was running with all the spacers removed. This plate takes another 1/2" off. Brings it down to a 12" LOP. Lets you get right up on the rifle and doesn't snag your clothes. If you like a short LOP this is the ticket. At least this upgrade is cheap.

PC Carbine™ Butt Plate-ShopRuger

On a side note....I just put a Glock G19x on order as a stable mate. I'm down the rabbit hole hard.

Bepe
Out of Jail now. Got the last one they had on sale for $499. Distrubuter prices went up, so now my LGS is asking $569 ea. So I figure I have at least $70 to play with that I can justify.

And BTW I was already a G19 owner, so mag compatability played a big part in this purchase.

Also, took full advantage of "Freedom Week" in the PRK, courtesy of Saint Benitez. I have plenty of "full capacity" ammo feeding devices for my sidearm and carbine.

Feeling Good now in the PRK!

Last edited by 40nascar; 05-10-2019 at 16:17. Reason: Accidentally Butchered Quote
40nascar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:20   #14

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post

Out of Jail now. Got the last one they had on sale for $499. Distrubuter prices went up, so now my LGS is asking $569 ea. So I figure I have at least $70 to play with that I can justify.

And BTW I was already a G19 owner, so mag compatability played a big part in this purchase.

Also, took full advantage of "Freedom Week" in the PRK, courtesy of Saint Benitez. I have plenty of "full capacity" ammo feeding devices for my sidearm and carbine.

Feeling Good now in the PRK!

Magazine compatibility between two different firearms is huge. That was the main attraction that prompted me to buy the 7.62x39mm American Ranch bolt rifle. Using the Mini 30 mags was the clincher.

Same scenario with the PCC-9 and the Glock mags. After getting the PCC-9 and some Glock mags, I just had to get a stable mate pistol for it. Horse traded a couple revolvers at the LGS for the G19x. Picked it up yesterday. Factory installed night sights in the deal. I've had a couple of Glocks over the years and always ended up moving them. This one is staying.

Bepe
Attached Thumbnails
PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3943.jpg  
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.

Last edited by Bepe; 05-12-2019 at 08:42.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:40   #15

I'm impressed with the mods/accessories available from Ruger and Midwest. some of you know I own the Marlin Camp guns in .45 and 9mm Para chambering which are great fun to shoot - the .45 shares mags with the 1911 .45 pistol the 9mm with the S&W 5900 series. seems I posted awhile back a pik of the 9 which I outfitted with a Choate pistol grip side fold stock, single point mount sling and a holo sight. I don't have a light mounted that's on my pump 12 gauge magnum for night work - if needed. one advantage of my Marlin is that with the stock folded it's shootable - all controls access so a 'pistol' version. quite handy for point shooting 'from the hip' - lots of fun once it's picked up. my shooting buddies - one a retired USMC gunny (who has class 3 certify) that owns a select fire Thompson (BTW I had one in 'nam) is impressed with my skill level.
sorry fellas - I'll take my S&W over your Glocks ( which I have shot several - couple of them fine shooter) I have to have metal in hand and they're known for durable, good shooters, fast mag change and easy field strip for basic cleaning.
Bepe likes this.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:44   #16

not to blow anyone off here, if funds weren't a problem I would likely buy the PC9 going by the good reports such as these here.
Steak n eggs and Bepe like this.
Old 05-21-2019, 14:41   #17

Glock mags

I had mentioned in my first post about the PCC9, that the only reason I bought it was because my LGS owner happened to ask me about a bunch of old LE high cap Glock mags. He had a mixed pile of 9mm and .40 S&W mags in his back room. He ended up finding eight 15 round 9mm mags. Horse traded a deal for the mags and bought the rifle.

Dated from 1994, they were in reasonably good cosmetic condition, probably having spent most of their life in a coppers mag pouch. Later, I picked up a G26 10 round mag to store with the rifle. I happened to cycle a few A Zoom snap caps through the rifle with the G26 mag and noticed that feeding felt a lot more positive. Figuring that the high caps were dated I got on the Glock site and ordered up a complete set of springs and floor plates. Fast service from Georgia and the parts got here today.

I had already broken down the mags and cleaned them. Compared one of the old springs to a new spring. YIKES!!! Yes, I guess they were toast after all. A cheap fix that should have them all good to go.

Keep the powder dry boys.
Bepe
Attached Thumbnails
PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3984.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3996.jpg   PCC 9---Midwest Industries-dscn3986.jpg  

Last edited by Bepe; 05-21-2019 at 16:16.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:30   #18
Suck it Leftists!

Bepe
Love the hand guard. Have you tested the trigger pull yet on the Volquartsen?
Bepe likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 14:01   #19

I've got it set for minimal pre and over travel. Let off on my scale is right around 2.25 lbs, depending where on the trigger you have the scale arm set.

No trigger plunger on the Volquartsen like the OEM unit. Looks like one but it is a trigger stop for adjustment of the over travel.

Expensive but a quality upgrade I'm glad I purchased.

Bepe
Old 06-05-2019, 23:55   #20
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

I've had a CX4 many years now, with the SP upgrades, and it's nice, but these PCC's are looking very tempting to add to my collection.

Problem is, I don't have anything yet that uses Glock mags.... (And that's easy to remedy too, but dang, how many guns do I really need? )

The forward barrel shroud is a nice upgrade too. Sort of makes the PCC look like it's a Russian 9mm PDW from WWII. PPSH-41 I think it's called.
Bepe likes this.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote