Where We Are Today In America - Shooting Sports Forum

Religion Chit Chat This is a place for all religious talk.

Like Tree37Likes
  • 6 Post By Parnelli
  • 2 Post By 2rangers
  • 3 Post By jumpluff
  • 5 Post By RJF
  • 1 Post By Parnelli
  • 4 Post By star
  • 4 Post By star
  • 3 Post By Parnelli
  • 2 Post By chill1955
  • 2 Post By Parnelli
  • 2 Post By jumpluff
  • 2 Post By Marlin 45 carbine
  • 1 Post By Parnelli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2021, 13:43   #1

Where We Are Today In America

Isaiah 3 says

8For Jerusalem has stumbled

and Judah has fallen

because they spoke and acted against the LORD,

defying His glorious presence.c

9The expression on their faces testifies against them,

and like Sodom they flaunt their sin;

they do not conceal it.

Woe to them,

for they have brought disaster upon themselves.

10Tell the righteous it will be well with them,

for they will enjoy the fruit of their labor.

11Woe to the wicked; disaster is upon them!

For they will be repaid with what their hands have done.

12Youths oppress My people,

and women rule over them.

O My people, your guides mislead you;

they turn you from your paths.

13The LORD arises to contend;

He stands to judge the people.

14The LORD brings this charge

against the elders and leaders of His people:

“You have devoured the vineyard;

the plunder of the poor is in your houses.

15Why do you crush My people

and grind the faces of the poor?”

One could simply replace the word Jerusalem with America and it would be as relevant today as it was then. In my mind this is where we are in America, and deservedly so. It was easy to get here; a combination of pride, ambition, and apathy for self governance was all it took. Fortunately the path home is simple as well:

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Marxists are trying to drag us into a Revolution, for they believe that they gain power through such convulsions, and as angry as I am I would gladly answer their call, but I'm not sure that's what God would have us do, not first thing anyway.

There's only one way America is going to be saved if it is to be saved at all, and that is through seeking God's Face and not more ammunition or bugout supplies. I know for sure that going into battle without the Lord of Hosts on your side is never wise.

This sermon is for myself more than anyone else.

God Bless and God Save America.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:28   #2

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
Amen.
jumpluff and Sparkie like this.
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:12   #3

50 or 60 years ago we (America) told God "we don't want you in our lives or in our nation anymore". Our Heavenly Father, who grants free will, allowed us to go our own way.

We are now reaping the fruits of that most foolish decision. IF we are to survive...it will be by repenting and returning to the LORD Jesus. I fear however that we may have crossed the Rubicon nationally, and we may soon experience the wrath we in essence requested when we walked away.

I am however an optimist, and I think that we should definitely corporately seek the LORD Jesus in the hope that He might yet have mercy on us as a nation.

Now it goes without saying that the LORD's grace and mercy has been and remains an option for us as individuals. Those of us who belong to the LORD Jesus need not fear, as we have a bright future in store, and it is looming MUCH closer by the day!
2rangers, Sparkie and Parnelli like this.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:27   #4
RJF

My concern is not that God has forsaken America, but that much of America has forsaken God. True believers in God are likely to face tribulations and persecution in this nation, but that only makes us stronger in our faith.

Keep the faith!
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 13:37   #5

There is no rest for the wicked these days, that's for sure.
Sparkie likes this.
Old 01-11-2021, 14:07   #6

Matthew 5:
10“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke21
12But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name’s sake. 13This will be your opportunity to bear witness. 14Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand how to answer, 15for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict. 16You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and some of you they will put to death. 17You will be hated by all for my name’s sake. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19By your endurance you will gain your lives.

These and others foretell what is to come, but we are told not to worry for we are not of this world but of God's Heavenly Kingdom, recall Christians once fed to lions as government policy became the state religion of Rome
Old 01-11-2021, 14:18   #7

John 15

18“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’

26“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.
Old 01-11-2021, 17:49   #8

The list of haters has grown quite large indeed.

God is still large and in charge in my book.
jumpluff, Sparkie and RJF like this.
Old 01-15-2021, 20:39   #9

America has not rebuked God for we are here praying by the millions for God to destroy this evil. It's those that have perverted the law, perverted the Constitution, perverted the election, perverted many politicians. This evil will continue until we or God destroys it. If He does not do something, then he is looking to us, are we worthy or intimidated to silence?
Sparkie and Parnelli like this.
Old 01-23-2021, 14:13   #10

If He does not do something, then he is looking to us, are we worthy or intimidated to silence?
I have given this much thought as of late. I prayed hard for the election, and when the level of cheating became apparent I prayed all the harder for God to rebuke the cheaters.

As time dragged on I began to feel like God was telling us something, but I wasn't sure what, so I changed up my prayer life from my agenda to His Will Be Done in this matter. It's a hard prayer to pray considering the possible outcome, but thus I prayed day after day. I settled myself on the topic and prepared myself for great disappointment should it be God's Will to punish America for those things which we have allowed in our lifetime.

I believed I had my answer long before January 6th, but I held out hope anyway for a miracle.

There was no miracle much to my chagrin.

There was still a chance though before the 20th I told myself, though somewhere deep down I knew different. The 19th was my Friday, and after all of this crap I haven't been turning on any news at home as I'd rather enjoy the peace and quiet while it exists.

So I went through my days off devoid of any media gloating over their new President. Friday is my Monday, so I was off to work yesterday just like any other day. I have a 45 minute drive so I generally spend part of that time in prayer, and yesterday was no different. I prayed for my friends and family, for my co-workers, and as is common I fired off a prayer for my country and our President just like I have every day for years now.

Then it hit me; we have a different President today. Stopped my prayer dead in it's tracks it did. God I thought how can I pray for this scumbag?

The same way you prayed for the last scumbag in that office, his former boss; the answer came to me immediately.

Damn I thought. I fought it, didn't want to do it, have been praying for weeks now that the crooked bastard would be in prison by now for his crimes against the rest of us, how the hell was I going to turn that around?

I apologized to God and submitted. I didn't pray a big prayer for the man, but I did pray in obedience as we are commanded to do so, especially if we would like to see our nation healed. No, I don't think that Slo Joe is the one to heal it, but that's not for me to say.

I don't believe that it is God's Will that the United States of America goes down the Communist Crapper, not for one minute, but I do believe that He's screaming at us in an attempt to get our undivided attention, and we haven't been listening. We were all proud and cock sure of ourselves that victory was imminent and we had nothing to worry about, but Pride comes before Destruction God says, and only Humility can break Pride.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Healing of a nation is conditional, and until we meet those conditions we can count on more of the same, nothing less.

I know this might not set well with some of you folks, that's ok, but I know that the only way for me to get through this period is Mercy and Grace, and the only way for me to receive them is through obedience.

So for now I pray for the best as I prepare for the worst in case that fateful day comes when my worthiness will be tested, because I will not be intimidated into silence.

Strange time folks, strange times.
jumpluff and Sparkie like this.
Old Yesterday, 11:24   #11

What you are saying certainly resonates with me Parnelli. Back when President Obama was in office, I was continuously "sick to my stomach" for 8 torturous years. Though the man seemed on the surface to perhaps have a congenial personality, I realized that this was likely just an act for political purposes and I was quite strongly opposed to all that he championed and pushed forward which was almost without exception completely evil.

Then quite to my surprise, President Trump took office "against all odds". Over time it became clear to me that this was God's will. NOT because President Trump was a perfect man, no, far from it. But clearly the LORD Jesus has used President Trump to prepare and better position Israel for what they will soon face, and in the process we here in America received God's Blessings as well.

As much as I wanted four more years of God's Grace and Mercy, I have to admit that with President Biden we have returned to the "program" that was advanced by President Obama. It is painful to consider...very painful.

However, I truly believe that we are in the last few moments of the Age of Grace.
Given that, who would I expect to be in the office just before Daniel's 70th week begins? Who would gleefully hand our sovereignty to one of the 10 Kings? Who would go gleefully along with the Antichrist's agenda? President Trump? Not a chance. President Biden? Sadly, I do believe that answer is yes.

So, I have made "peace" with this sad...and sure to get sadder...state of affairs. I don't like it...but I realize that the LORD Jesus is still on the Throne and is fully in control and His Will is being accomplished. None of this has caught Him by surprise.

So, to find the strength to get up each day and toddle off to the "salt mine" for another day of "fun" I try to focus my thoughts on the words of Jesus in Matthew Chapter 24 and especially with verse 33. 33 so you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.

LORD Jesus, please provide me and my brothers and sisters in Christ an extra measure of Your grace, mercy, and strength that we may bring glory and honor to You and be Your salt and light in these exciting but darkening and challenging times. Amen.

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Amen. Come soon LORD Jesus...perhaps today? 😊

As you said so eloquently my brother, let me echo as well...

"I know this might not set well with some of you folks, that's ok, but I know that the only way for me to get through this period is Mercy and Grace, and the only way for me to receive them is through obedience."
Old Yesterday, 12:29   #12

"Take heed that no man deceive you"
Old Yesterday, 13:54   #13

Amen friends, amen.
Sparkie likes this.