Forbes column linking drugs and mass shootings censored within hours - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 17:21   #1

Forbes column linking drugs and mass shootings censored within hours

Forbes pulls article blaming medications for Sandy Hook shooting | The Daily Caller

John Noveske dies shortly after posting similar findings, and now this article was censored within hours of being posted on Forbes. Besides these two instances I haven't seen this argument out there much, if at all. Most of the media in the country are on a which hunt to figure out how to avoid further mass shootings, and who to blame, but they ignore the obvious facts surrounding all of these types of violent outbursts. All of the perpetrators of mass shootings for the last 30 years have been either on or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs, but for some reason it doesn't raise any questions.

There is a crusade to associate "assault weapons" and high capacity mags with these events, and many have already made up their minds what the solution should be. Well the media has certainly led people in that direction, and done a good job of hiding facts like these. Nothing to see here, move along....
Old 02-04-2013, 18:04   #2
Suck it Leftists!

Thanks for posting the link and I'll follow this in coming days. Facts must be suppressed in the interest of total control.
GAMEOVER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18   #3

I have a "Tin Foil" question that needs a person familiar with the operation of websites similar to this one to answer.

While a person is actively typing a "Reply To Thread", is it possible that a "Moderator" could be viewing it, and prevent it from being up-loaded?

I'm not saying this site is quilty of this. I ask here, because this site is more "Open" to ideas than most others. It's just that I've noticed over the last 6 months or so, I've spent a lot of time composing a well thought out relpy to the more controversial topics (posted on firearms forums in general), only to be totally dumped, or some message that the link was broken (when I puhed the "Submit" button)...etc... .
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 09:49   #4

Originally Posted by calibrator View Post
I have a "Tin Foil" question that needs a person familiar with the operation of websites similar to this one to answer.

While a person is actively typing a "Reply To Thread", is it possible that a "Moderator" could be viewing it, and prevent it from being up-loaded?
I dont think so. I know that some other forums (especially AR15.com) have tried to limit the amount of what they call "fear mongering". I dont talk politics or news over there, I strictly stick to the technical aspect of firearms. But I have witnessed several situations where they either locked, deleted, or moved threads that had anything to do with the pending legislation at state or federal levels. I suppose they maintain the right to censor content on their forums, but they would also be wise to promote resistance to the anti gun movement. They stand to loose the majority of their members and advertising if Feinstein's bill gets approved.

I know that social media sites have censored some content "reported" by other members. So if someone who is anti gun doesnt like what you post they will report it and have it removed. This has become a delicate issue and it strikes a nerve with some people on each side. It is like suspending children from schools for simulating guns with their fingers, or possessing harmless toys that resemble guns. It all depends on what side of the fence the authority figure belongs to and how they want to handle it. There is no question that this political issue stands to effect more than just our right to bear arms. There is a war of propaganda and the anti gun crowd wants us silent, unorganized, and broken. So I dont think that there is someone watching you while you type, but what you post and where you post it will influence whether it is censored or not. I suggest that you highlight your entire post and copy it right before you click submit reply. That way if some connection error occurs you can easily recover what you took time to type. It has happened to me before too.

Last edited by BangBangPlay; 02-05-2013 at 11:29.
BangBangPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57   #5

I'm not saying this site is quilty of this. I ask here, because this site is more "Open" to ideas than most others. It's just that I've noticed over the last 6 months or so, I've spent a lot of time composing a well thought out relpy to the more controversial topics (posted on firearms forums in general), only to be totally dumped, or some message that the link was broken (when I puhed the "Submit" button)...etc... .
Don't know if this applies to the forum you're talking about, but some forums have a reply "timeout" function. This is where the forum administrators set up the forum such that you have a certain amount of time to compose a reply after clicking the "Reply to Thread" button.

The only time I've ever run into that was at another forum (motorsports-related forum...), where their timeout was something like 5 minutes. Typing a drawn-out, technical description can take longer than 5 minutes, so most would just type up their reply in Word, then copy and paste into the Reply box.

This is done more to reduce bandwidth usage than anything else.
COBrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 18:03   #6
Suck it Leftists!

MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

So, bye bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry
Them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing...
This'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die
GAMEOVER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:21   #7
Libertarian

Now Im not a forum guru, but I do know of some forums that auto save your response or creation of a thread in case you accidentally lose the page. As for the storage of said information Im assuming it would be easily mined by a mod if you can call querying a DB you have full access to data mining. SO possible? Yes.
MDsonofthesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:29   #8
hostilenativelibertarian.

Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!Livin near the most godless American city.
I have'nt heard of this being brought up yet;why not put some wording into law that states if you use psychotropic drugs then you can NOT use firearms when under the influence?Just like what they have done with pain killers and the use of automobiles and heavy equipment!
The voices in my head say they don't like you!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25   #9

Originally Posted by magnomark View Post
I have'nt heard of this being brought up yet;why not put some wording into law that states if you use psychotropic drugs then you can NOT use firearms when under the influence?Just like what they have done with pain killers and the use of automobiles and heavy equipment!
The trouble with the common sense approach u have is this.. No one trusts our government enough to give it this power!! Because the big fear is this "foot in the door" power will be an unstopable force that will eventually be the demise of our 2nd Ammendment. Big Brother's approach will be to cover the drugs u discussed.. Then the next step would be anyone under the influence of alcohol or frequent user of said "depressant" would be banned.. Go have surgery done and get pain meds?? You are now banned.. Your fight for your gun rights to return will end up in court costing u thousands.. Any prescription medicine will most likely cause u to forfeit ur CCW or firearms.. Pull up any medication and look at the side effects.. Big Pharmaceutical companies list those as a reduction of liability so they cant be sued when John Doe starts having depression spells or hears voices in his head one day.. Most of the side effects have never even happened, they list them "just in case".. So even a simple common sense approach, if left to the courts could realistically destroy the 2A.. Which is why we need to stand firm and insist "without infringement" means exactly what it states!!
UGA_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30   #10
Administrator

I remember articles back in the 1990s asking whether depression medicine was linked to suicide and shooting.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:17   #11

Saw something on the MSN home page (or somewhere else maybe ???) titled "Cyber Warriors For Obama" last night. They are paying minimum wage to some 3700+ people with computer skills to Troll Conservative Forums. The article posts excerpts from the DHS handout to the Handlers. The idea is to sow inflamatory posts and note those who respond aggressively in a "negative" manner, as well as their screen names and avatars, etc... .
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25   #12
Administrator

Saw something on the MSN home page (or somewhere else maybe ???) titled "Cyber Warriors For Obama" last night. They are paying minimum wage to some 3700+ people with computer skills to Troll Conservative Forums.
That might be why certain conservative websites have been flagged by google as being harmful to your computer.

If enough people report the site as an attack site, maybe its flagged by google safe browsing.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26   #13

Saw something on the MSN home page (or somewhere else maybe ???) titled "Cyber Warriors For Obama" last night. They are paying minimum wage to some 3700+ people with computer skills to Troll Conservative Forums. The article posts excerpts from the DHS handout to the Handlers. The idea is to sow inflamatory posts and note those who respond aggressively in a "negative" manner, as well as their screen names and avatars, etc... .
Speaking of which, I haven't seen anything from our own cyber warrior lately. You don't suppose ICE finally caught up with him and sent him back to Guatemala or what ever rock it is he crawled from under?
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33   #14
hostilenativelibertarian.

Location: Oragun-still clinging to my religion,guns,and sour mash!Livin near the most godless American city.
Originally Posted by UGA_Bulldog View Post
The trouble with the common sense approach u have is this.. No one trusts our government enough to give it this power!! Because the big fear is this "foot in the door" power will be an unstopable force that will eventually be the demise of our 2nd Ammendment. Big Brother's approach will be to cover the drugs u discussed.. Then the next step would be anyone under the influence of alcohol or frequent user of said "depressant" would be banned.. Go have surgery done and get pain meds?? You are now banned.. Your fight for your gun rights to return will end up in court costing u thousands.. Any prescription medicine will most likely cause u to forfeit ur CCW or firearms.. Pull up any medication and look at the side effects.. Big Pharmaceutical companies list those as a reduction of liability so they cant be sued when John Doe starts having depression spells or hears voices in his head one day.. Most of the side effects have never even happened, they list them "just in case".. So even a simple common sense approach, if left to the courts could realistically destroy the 2A.. Which is why we need to stand firm and insist "without infringement" means exactly what it states!!
I never really looked at it from that perspective,and I agree don't "F" with my 2A.My thought was to make the drug manufacturers account for the poisons that they develope under the guise of "helpful drugs"and the fda-another worthless agency!
The voices in my head say they don't like you!
magnomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:51   #15

A journalist at the daily caller did an article last week about the contents of the gun control bills floating around right now. He noted an absence of anything related to the mentally ill, or even criminals. So each bill aims to restrict everyone equally and not people who are a danger. They are the reason this control is being pushed (or the pretense) yet they are not mentioned in the slightest.

Also another troubling fact is the way Feinstein defines assault weapon in the bill. She lists weapons to be banned but also states that weapons not on the list can be subject to registration. The problem is that anything (including pistols) that have a pistol grip and can receive a magazine can also be labeled an assault weapon. A registry is the first step in total confiscation. Seriously what good is a registry if it couldnt have stopped any of the shootings last year? Its sole purpose would be to identify armed citizens and almost no weapons will be exempt if it passes as is.