Where are the jobs - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum


News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 08:06   #26
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,951
I agree that conservatives are very responsible for sending jobs over seas but it's because the liberals and their big government and megga regulations forced them to take action and "revolt" against the politicians who were stealing their businesses away from them. They revolted very quietly and simply moved out.

There is no doubt in my mind that excessive regulations, taxes and big government control has caused this problem. The eco freak, socialist liberal left are primarily at fault. Every time big government touches something, they mess up the natural order of life. That's the bottom line up front. kwg
kwg020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21   #27
Full Member
 
TX expat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 75
If you want to bring jobs back to this country, first get rid of the legalized extortion called unions.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TX expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48   #28
Full Member
 
Jsh1284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 444
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that, but organized labor is certainly a major problem today. They extort money from employees and give little in return. When they actually do get decent pay for employees, they make you sacrifice when it comes to safety, work environment, and benefits most of the time. They generally get rich off the workers' dime .. the people they're supposed to be looking out for.

Not to mention they are fighting HARD against free market principles. It isn't in the fat turds' who run these mob-like, communist descended orgs best interest. So, in the end, they try to keep pay low, dues high, and their pockets filled.

When it gets down to the nitty-gritty of the whole jobs situation, we really must focus on these things - getting companies to bring back the factories, the laboratories, the R&D, the shipyards, the oil rigs, and generally give incentive for innovators to come to America. If we can accomplish all of that, we'll be allright. Well, that and maybe initiate a fair tax, soc sec opt-out, fix healthcare, cut unnecessary welfare, end government intervention into the private sector, end the patriot act, kill the TSA, quit spending money wastefully, end the FED, stop foreign intervention (unless absolutely necessary) let the states do their own thing (10th amendment), protect our borders so we're safe at home, and generally go back to basic constitutional principles,

I'm probably missing a few things, but if we could, by some miracle, accomplish just THOSE .. we'd be back with a vengeance!

BTW I've changed my mind about Michelle Bachmann running for POTUS. I want Ron Paul. Don't agree with a lot of what he has to say, but 22 years of absolute consistency with true (original) republican values, his constant vigilance towards upholding the constitution, and outright sincerity make me believe he is the answer (if he isn't completely blackballed by the media again) to our woes. If RP got elected, things would be VASTLY different. They'd be better in the end, though.
Jsh1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 02-18-2011, 09:01   #29
Full Member
 
TX expat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 75
No, it's most certainly not as simple as that, but between unions, governmental interference with the free market economy that we are supposed to be enjoying and the attitude of entitlement that a great majority of American's have come to adopt, you might as well wish for the lottery, because you got better chances there... As long as we allow conditions to exist that make it better/cheaper/easier/more productive for jobs to be farmed out overseas, then we're getting what we deserve.

Everyone talks about 'change' and 'sacrifice' but when the rubber meets the road, it seems that most folks expect all the change and sacrifice to affect everyone but them. Nobody wants to actually pay the price themselves.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TX expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:29   #30
Full Member
 
Jsh1284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 444
Yup .. I understand that if we do make the necessary cuts, things will probably get tougher for a while. The thing is, if I have kids, they'll be better off in the future.

Then again if the libs take over completely, everything will be like Star Trek in the next 50 years. Global warming might stop the creation of the Enterprise though! ..
Jsh1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:09   #31
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,122
Not to mention the fact that he will be America's first African-American president
.

All credibility is lost with this statement
__________________
"I have no issues with people of all types being here, I do have a problem with the more extreme ends of any spectrum trying to dominate and push out moderates and opposites." Bill Plein
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34   #32
Full Member
 
olereb59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by gossman View Post
.

All credibility is lost with this statement

Exactly. Everyone knows he's a mulatto.
olereb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 13:35   #33
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,122
Originally Posted by olereb59 View Post
Exactly. Everyone knows he's a mulatto.
That is so laughable it is hilarious. The probability is that most are mulatto by now, still, it provides nothing to any argument or claim other than demonstrating pettiness. Really, what does it serve to argue that he is not actually black other than just to try and smudge some more mud on the subject. If he was in the South of the 1950's (or many other places in the US at the time), he would not have been allowed to drink from a white water fountain, enter through a white only door, or sit in the front of a segregated bus. He would have been considered black. This argument only detracts from real issues, it is a straw man argument.
__________________
"I have no issues with people of all types being here, I do have a problem with the more extreme ends of any spectrum trying to dominate and push out moderates and opposites." Bill Plein
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 15:22   #34
Full Member
 
olereb59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Middle Tennessee
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by gossman View Post
That is so laughable it is hilarious. The probability is that most are mulatto by now, still, it provides nothing to any argument or claim other than demonstrating pettiness. Really, what does it serve to argue that he is not actually black other than just to try and smudge some more mud on the subject. If he was in the South of the 1950's (or many other places in the US at the time), he would not have been allowed to drink from a white water fountain, enter through a white only door, or sit in the front of a segregated bus. He would have been considered black. This argument only detracts from real issues, it is a straw man argument.
The point that you missed is that race dosen't make any difference.
Besides, Bill Clinton was the first black president.
olereb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 15:27   #35
Full Member
 
Jsh1284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 444
What? How did I lose credibility with that statement? That's ridiculous .. lol.

Obama is the first mixed-race American president. Half black, half white. To call him the first African-American POTUS is a mis-representation of historical fact. You can justify it any way you want, but your justification is solely based on the ignorant bigots who persecuted blacks and anyone that LOOKED black in the 1950's and 60's.

Race really doesn't matter, but to distort actual fact is irresponsible. It's only a HALF truth!
Jsh1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 17:09   #36
Full Member
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 33,143
Originally Posted by Jsh1284 View Post
Yup .. I understand that if we do make the necessary cuts, things will probably get tougher for a while. The thing is, if I have kids, they'll be better off in the future.

Then again if the libs take over completely, everything will be like Star Trek in the next 50 years. Global warming might stop the creation of the Enterprise though! ..
Global warming is a fact no matter who's in office.

Heat waves and storms rage on the just and unjust alike.

I agree we need to reduce the debt, pronto. Letting the Bush tax cuts expire on the top 1-2% wasn't a bad idea, especially not when income trends of past thirty years are considered.

Regarding jobs, and government spending, developing renewable clean energy is every bit as important as developing the atom bomb and the space program were. We should be doing it as a national priority.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 17:12   #37
Full Member
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 33,143
Originally Posted by Jsh1284 View Post
... Not to mention the fact that he will be America's first African-American president.
That didn't take long. Disappointing.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 17:16   #38
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,122
Originally Posted by freesw View Post
That didn't take long. Disappointing.
The lowest common denominator always finds it's way. Back to the OP. Jobs will come when our leaders make them a priority.
__________________
"I have no issues with people of all types being here, I do have a problem with the more extreme ends of any spectrum trying to dominate and push out moderates and opposites." Bill Plein
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 17:47   #39
Full Member
 
Jsh1284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 444
Ah, so I'm now a racist for stating a fact. You folks .. always calling foul when someone says something even remotely racial. Yet when you guys do it it's totally okay, because you're "tolerant" and "accepting." Gotta love double-standards!

I won't continue to take this off-topic, but Global Warming is the biggest hoax of the modern era. It's a money-maker for Al "blood and" Gore types. Cap & Trade stands to make the greedy rich folks you guys hate so much even more wealthy. At what cost? Our freedoms, our tax money, and our nation.

Honestly, I found it half hillarious and half devastating when I heard about Climate-gate. Leftists suppressing the knowledge and experience of MANY, MANNNYYY credible scientists and environmental experts (and piles, and piles, and piles, and piles of DATA) who said GW was not happening, and that the planet has not heated up in what .. ten years now?

It snowed five times in Alabama this winter. The US had one of it's SNOWIEST winters in modern history, actually. Hell, central Alabama even had it's first White Christmas EVER in 2010! Now, I'm sure there is some valid, *coughTRUMPED-UPcough* explanation for all of this, but the fact remains that if the planet is heating up and we're all going to die .. we're probably not going to experience enormous blizzards every winter. In January, EVERY continental state had white stuff in it. Including Florida!

Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant. It's a naturally occurring gas. Plants absorb it. We exhale it. Volcanoes release it. It's part of nature. I highly doubt the creator of this world would make such a common life-giving compound so important if it could so easily destroy everything after a measly 100+ years of over-average production of the stuff.

If you build a house, you don't build it so that one bump against a wall can bring the whole thing crumbling down. This planet heals itself, anyways. Do you honestly think our power to pollute trumps the power of nature itself? Not likely. I would be wiling to wager that by the time we actually have ANY affect on anything but air quality and general trash pollution we'll be long gone .. for reasons other than some man-made doomsday scenario.

Now, I'm done. This is getting ridiculous, honestly. With the increasingly personal comments and negative atmosphere that's being created, I think it's time for a break from the political forum. Unless something REALLY peaks my interest.
Jsh1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 18:38   #40
Full Member
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 33,143
Originally Posted by Jsh1284 View Post
Ah, so I'm now a racist for stating a fact. You folks .. always calling foul when someone says something even remotely racial. Yet when you guys do it it's totally okay, because you're "tolerant" and "accepting." Gotta love double-standards!
You brought up race when it had nothing to do with the subject at hand, so I have no idea what you mean by "it's totally okay" when "you guys" do it, nor do I have any idea what "double-standard" you're referring to.

Just for the record, this is your statement that was the first in this thread to mention race:
Not to mention the fact that he will be America's first African-American president.
"he" meaning Allen West.

I'm not seeing a benign reason for posting that. Maybe you can explain.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 18:43   #41
Full Member
 
Jsh1284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 444
Reason for mentioning it? I was saying it would be nice to actually have our first African-American president get elected in 2012. Why? I get tired of MSNBC calling the O-Man the first, when it's actually not true. Plus, it's nice to show that black men and women can be conservatives, too. Not to mention we need to open the door for people of color and different sexes to be elected POTUS.

By "You Guys" .. i mean liberals. I see it all the time online. Not to mention MSNBC, CNN, and HUFFPO.
Jsh1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 18:52   #42
Full Member
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 33,143
As far as jobs are concerned, I really think a lot of us are on our own. Many of us have to figure out ways of earning livings we'd never considered before. I'm self-employed now and a lot of the time it's nerve-wracking, figuring out what I should do next and making ends meet. I'm always looking for new ways to honestly generate income, and increase self-sufficiency so I don't have as many expenses. I have a "victory garden," and intend to relocate, expand its size and add chickens and rabbits once circumstances permit. I hope in a year or two.

We've known for over a century automation would have this effect on the job market sooner or later, well, here it is. That, and the global scale of the new job market is a devastating one-two punch to American workers. There's a lot politicians could be doing to improve the situation, and their record lately is mediocre to poor, but these are major historical forces and many peoples' work situations would be very stressed even if our politicians weren't mostly pandering and selling out.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 18:57   #43
Full Member
 
Jsh1284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 444
Yeah, I've been looking for a good job after geting laid off myself. Thankfully, I do have computer and network certs so I am able to provide for myself adequately. It would sure be nice to find something that would pay a little better, though.

I'd take a manufacturing job again if I could. Good pay, benefits etc. Not to mention I enjoy piddling with things. Putting stuff together, fixing gadgets, and working with my hands really is my meal ticket.

Problem is down here there aren't a lot of factories anymore. It's mostly steel mills and mines as far as labor goes. We do have a Mercedez plant (They make the M-Class) nearby. Everyone is trying to work there though. Best paying labor job in the area. They even have supporting plants that make their parts. Again, though .. hard to acquire.

Guess that's the story of America's workforce right now.
Jsh1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 21:21   #44
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,122
Originally Posted by Jsh1284 View Post
Reason for mentioning it? I was saying it would be nice to actually have our first African-American president get elected in 2012. Why? I get tired of MSNBC calling the O-Man the first, when it's actually not true. Plus, it's nice to show that black men and women can be conservatives, too. Not to mention we need to open the door for people of color and different sexes to be elected POTUS..
Shouldn't bother anyone, it's meaningless. No reason to even mention it.

By "You Guys" .. i mean liberals. I see it all the time online. Not to mention MSNBC, CNN, and HUFFPO
I was commenting on your comment, never will you see race be brought up in any of my posts unless I am replying. I care less about race, I am more concerned about one's worldview.
__________________
"I have no issues with people of all types being here, I do have a problem with the more extreme ends of any spectrum trying to dominate and push out moderates and opposites." Bill Plein
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 16:28   #45
Isolationist Libertarian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,421
Man, where to start?

Henry Ford was a tyrant who hired people to beat and maybe even kill employees who chafed under his demands, along with being the genius posted earlier.

We really don't know how Social Security would have worked out if left alone, it was robbed for years by both parties and now no one wants to bring that up.

Bush V.1 was all for NAFTA, Bill Clinton ran against it then signed it as fast as he could when he took office.

I work for the worlds largest automaker, they are wealthy beyond imaging, but yet they lobby for every dime they can get in the name of creating jobs. We work eleven or more hours a day often six days a week because they won't hire enough people to keep us going while working any kind of reasonable work week.

If we have to chose, then let's keep food stamps I'm not interested in seeing hungry homeless kids on the street, it's the socialist in me I guess.

If there was enough proof tha Obama shouldn't be president then he wouldn't be, it's not like he doesn't have enough enemies looking for it.

It's both parties guys, our government needs an enema. If you are buying either party line know that they are all sitting in the same bar laughing at you.

BTW I'm not bitter, so don't bother with the personal stuff, truth is I'm making out like a bandit.
__________________
four more years.....groan.
p35bhp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 19:07   #46
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 588
A couple of reasons our factory jobs moved to China are 1. Bill Clinton gave Most Favored Trade Status to the Chinese.2.The opressive government regulations,and high taxes.But mostly Greed! I don't think that I have to explain that one.
Rifleman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 19:21   #47
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,122
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
Man, where to start?

Henry Ford was a tyrant who hired people to beat and maybe even kill employees who chafed under his demands, along with being the genius posted earlier.

We really don't know how Social Security would have worked out if left alone, it was robbed for years by both parties and now no one wants to bring that up.

Bush V.1 was all for NAFTA, Bill Clinton ran against it then signed it as fast as he could when he took office.

I work for the worlds largest automaker, they are wealthy beyond imaging, but yet they lobby for every dime they can get in the name of creating jobs. We work eleven or more hours a day often six days a week because they won't hire enough people to keep us going while working any kind of reasonable work week.

If we have to chose, then let's keep food stamps I'm not interested in seeing hungry homeless kids on the street, it's the socialist in me I guess.

If there was enough proof tha Obama shouldn't be president then he wouldn't be, it's not like he doesn't have enough enemies looking for it.

It's both parties guys, our government needs an enema. If you are buying either party line know that they are all sitting in the same bar laughing at you.

BTW I'm not bitter, so don't bother with the personal stuff, truth is I'm making out like a bandit.
Wow, I am not going to argue with this, I agree with it all. And I do know about Ford's dark side, but he prepared the stage for better employee wages and benefits.
__________________
"I have no issues with people of all types being here, I do have a problem with the more extreme ends of any spectrum trying to dominate and push out moderates and opposites." Bill Plein
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 20:12   #48
Full Member
 
CZDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Posts: 582
It sure is interesting to see the union workers point of view here.... Pretty easy to spot too
__________________
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
Gen. George S. Patton
CZDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 20:21   #49
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,656
Originally Posted by czdiesel View Post
it sure is interesting to see the union workers point of view here.... Pretty easy to spot too
+1!
__________________
Preserve the Second Amendment! Join the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alaj70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 21:30   #50
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,122
I have been both union and non-union in my trade. Lots of complaints about unions and how they are too often concerned more about themselves than the workers. But I can say that at least with a union I had some definable rules to hold the employer to, just as he had them to hold us to. I had better benefits and wages than w/ non-union employers. There are plenty of people who want to place blame on the unions for the lack of jobs but they are not to blame. The blame falls on our leaders who fail to be protective of our borders, who allow corporations tax breaks for shipping jobs overseas, and refuse to defend the american worker. If you dislike regular working hours, health insurance, safe working conditions, good pay, real benefits, the ability to earn a vacation and perhaps a retirement, or any of the modern day conviences that are the result of organized labor, then be against unions. It's funny how so many are willing to complain about unions but still enjoy the benefits that unions have brought to us. I find it amazing that people are so happy working making little money, no benefits, and are jealous of those who do. Unions are not perfect for sure, but life without them would be far worse.
Proud member of the Teamsters Dist 2
__________________
"I have no issues with people of all types being here, I do have a problem with the more extreme ends of any spectrum trying to dominate and push out moderates and opposites." Bill Plein
gossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
china, free trade, jobs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.