Trump is 'just an ordinary dude now' - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2021, 08:05   #1

Trump is 'just an ordinary dude now'

The Supreme Court on Monday rejected an effort by former President Donald Trump to block Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance from enforcing a subpoena for eight years of his personal and financial tax returns.

It was the last legal hurdle in the former president's long-running legal battle to shield his tax returns from prosecutors — and the second time that the Supreme Court has dealt Trump a defeat in the case.

The New York Times reports that the investigation has intensified in recent months, and that prosecutors are now examining potential tax and bank-related fraud.

Trump had previously asserted that he had "absolute immunity" from criminal investigation as president, and that Vance had no legal authority to subpoena records from his banks and accounting firms.

The Supreme Court rejected that sweeping claim in July 2020, but sent the case back down to lower courts to allow Trump's lawyers to challenge the subpoena for other reasons.

Trump's lawyers then claimed that Vance's subpoena was overbroad and amounted to political harassment — an argument that was rejected by an appeals court in October and brought back to the Supreme Court for the second time.

Last edited by El Mariachi; 02-22-2021 at 09:29.
El Mariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:50   #2

Panties need changing or you use the hoggpillow?
Jonjeo and SMOGGUY like this.
Icanthitabarn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:24   #3
AKA CRABBY

el rauchie has TDS really bad..
2rangers, Jonjeo, 40nascar and 1 others like this.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:31   #4

Not at all. I'm just glad to see Trump being treated as an ordinary citizen these days, without being able to hide from court proceedings when he was POTUS. These may turn out to be interesting times for the ex-president. Also, of course, I want to be able to vote for a decent GOP POTUS candidate in 2024 and if Trump is out of that picture for any reasons, that will increase the chances of me getting a Republican I can support.

Last edited by El Mariachi; 02-22-2021 at 11:09.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:50   #5

Originally Posted by SMOGGUY View Post
el rauchie has TDS really bad..
Yeah, it's like someone turned his TDS triggering setting up to "11" and busted off the knob!
Old 02-22-2021, 11:17   #6

He's still my DUDE. MOB
104RFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:40   #7

Its political punishment and not really a bonafide investigation. If it was I would agree. It is just another attempt to punish. Just like the last four years. Just like impeachment, both times, and their new attempt to make a law for just one person.
2rangers, Jonjeo, 40nascar and 2 others like this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:11   #8

Where is the investigation into the "10% for the big guy"?
2rangers, Jonjeo, 40nascar and 3 others like this.
fastattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 17:01   #9

The "Big Guy" is in charge now and cannot be touched until he is impeached and removed from office or leaves at the end of his term.

Sucks, doesn't it?
2rangers, Jonjeo and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 02-22-2021, 21:41   #10

Dollars to donuts that the demented son-of-a-bitch won't make it to the mid terms without a major international incident that will drive him to a deeper state of Psychosis where cum-lips cumallah will have to relieve him of his "duties."
2rangers, sandog and SMOGGUY like this.
Jonjeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 22:48   #11

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jonjeo View Post
Dollars to donuts that the demented son-of-a-bitch won't make it to the mid terms without a major international incident that will drive him to a deeper state of Psychosis where cum-lips cumallah will have to relieve him of his "duties."
I'm just wondering if they have installed a toilet set hight extender and made storage space for bags of pull-on diapers for the cheater in Chief? Thats the immediate concern before he gets to the mid terms. That and a medical office space where the chief cheater can get his shots of adderall to the Ass every morning before he shuts down for the day.
2rangers, Jonjeo, sandog and 1 others like this.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:30   #12

Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
Its political punishment and not really a bonafide investigation. If it was I would agree. It is just another attempt to punish. Just like the last four years. Just like impeachment, both times, and their new attempt to make a law for just one person.
Ahh, you must have a lot of insider information not available to ordinary people, since the New York investigations are mostly before a Grand Jury and the serious details have not been released to the media or the public.

What is known is that Trump played fast and loose with state and federal tax filings and with insurance filings, and some of these activities may well have been felonious, and that a number of these were not the run of the mill "businessman" fudging that get a pass from feds or state investigators.

I don't believe that even if convicted of serious felonies, Trump will draw a jail term. But I do think if he is convicted, it will end any possibility of him running again for elected office, and will impact negatively his ability to influence elections in the years ahead.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:41   #13

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
And you have proof of that?
If you hate the man, just say so.
Otherwise, you sound like a 12 year old who didn't get her way at the mall.
grow the fvck up.
This past election was fraudulent, fake, and a giant cheat.
Why do you think there are no guns or ammunition to be had?
Real citizens are arming up, you filthy communist.
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:11   #14

Originally Posted by 2rangers View Post
And you have proof of that?
If you hate the man, just say so.
Otherwise, you sound like a 12 year old who didn't get her way at the mall.
grow the fvck up.
This past election was fraudulent, fake, and a giant cheat.
Why do you think there are no guns or ammunition to be had?
Real citizens are arming up, you filthy communist.
I didn't say I had "proof" of Trump's felonies. I only know what has been reported, and detailed, hard, factual details have not been released to the public. But what has been reported indicates troubles for Trump, and the fact that one of the prosecutors has hired a big-name lawyer with a rep for getting convictions on these sorts of cases does not bode well.

There is NO legitimate evidence that the "past election was fraudulent, fake, and a giant cheat." If there was, it would have made its way into one of the dozens and dozens of court cases Trump's legal eagles and fans attempted. None of the cases got anywhere. Nowhere. Zip. Zilch. Trump lost. Trump and his fans simply can't deal with that.

As for the ammo shortages, well, once again, the buying masses have been manipulated. It seems quite Pavlovian by now, as it has happened so many times.

I want to be able to vote for an educated, decent, experienced Republican for POTUS in 2024, and that won't be Trump. That must make be a card-carrying communist, right?
Old 02-23-2021, 11:37   #15

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
I've heard reports that most liberals consume the blood of kidnapped children to stay young, have made a pact with satan, and perform ritualistic burnt offerings to baal and moloch.
Jonjeo, chill1955 and SMOGGUY like this.
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:44   #16

Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
As for the ammo shortages, well, once again, the buying masses have been manipulated. It seems quite Pavlovian by now, as it has happened so many times.

They got nothing over Me. I stocked up well during the calm of the firearm and ammo storms, after our wonderful MOB got elected. In fact i have been able to offer freinds some ammo for prices I Cant even replace it for.

Need a box of 30-30 or .38 special? I'll send a box of either to you for $50 + shipping (Winchester or Remington). Oh, and i'll need a photo copy of your current real-ID. I don't sell to swimmers.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:46   #17

Originally Posted by 2rangers View Post
I've heard reports that most liberals consume the blood of kidnapped children to stay young, have made a pact with satan, and perform ritualistic burnt offerings to baal and moloch.
You know, I believe you. I'm sure you are telling the truth that you have heard such reports from the news sources you watch or read.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:52   #18

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post

They got nothing over Me. I stocked up well during the calm of the firearm and ammo storms, after our wonderful MOB got elected. In fact i have been able to offer freinds some ammo for prices I Cant even replace it for.

Need a box of 30-30 or .38 special? I'll send a box of either to you for $50 + shipping (Winchester or Remington). Oh, and i'll need a photo copy of your current real-ID. I don't sell to swimmers.

I have enough ammo in the calibers I shoot for a once or twice a month range trip for a couple of years to come, plus sufficient "defense" ammo to protect the house and a gazillion rounds of .22LR for plinking. I don't even bother to check ammo prices anymore.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:57   #19

I want to be able to vote for an educated, decent, experienced Republican for POTUS in 2024, and that won't be Trump. That must make be a card-carrying communist, right?
Yes you are!!
So, you want a soft spoken, Country club republican, that sells our nation out to China for a few pieces of Silver? And lines his pocket with a couple Mill of their money (which they get from us for the Chyte they sell at Walmart's and Target's stores?

Oh, goodie - a return to the compassionate ( and incompetant) bushies!!! :

Not!!
2rangers, Jonjeo and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 02-23-2021, 13:09   #20

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post
Yes you are!!
So, you want a soft spoken, Country club republican, that sells our nation out to China for a few pieces of Silver? And lines his pocket with a couple Mill of their money (which they get from us for the Chyte they sell at Walmart's and Target's stores?

Oh, goodie - a return to the compassionate ( and incompetant) bushies!!! :

Not!!
Trump is a badly spoken Country Club something or other, not a Republican, who kisses up to dictators whenever and wherever he finds them, and he and his family have lined their pockets non-stop since he assumed office. All easily verifiable.
Old 02-23-2021, 13:10   #21

Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
The "Big Guy" is in charge now and cannot be touched until he is impeached and removed from office or leaves at the end of his term.

Sucks, doesn't it?
Yes, yes it does. Even if republicans manage to win majorities in both houses (doubtful) in '22 and they have enough balls to impeach (double doubtful), who are we left with? Heck, we will probably end up with her regardless.
fastattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 13:12   #22
AKA CRABBY

el rachie likes the rinos like the Utah traitor rommey.
40 ya can't reason with this commie,he has no friends here (freesw ?) he knows hes not liked nor wanted,nobody cares about him or his feelings,he has no pride nor honor or he would just go away but hes a coward an will stay behind his keyboard.....Oh,almost forgot hey el rachie please don't forget I Don't Like You.. CHINK A LINK COMRADE
Jonjeo and 40nascar like this.
Old 02-23-2021, 13:58   #23

SMOG, I think you are projecting.

Other than the fact that he is a vulture capitalist, I find nothing to dislike about Mitt, including his behavior in public and what I know of his personal life. He's smart, he knows stuff, he doesn't insult groups of people because of their religion, gender, ethnicity, or country or origin, he doesn't cajole dictators, and he doesn't lie continuously, and, of course, when he lost the presidential election, he didn't suggest he was cheated and didn't try to torment insurrection. I don't know what his politics are these days, but I am sure they are moderate-conservative.

That you say you don't like me gives me confidence I am following the righteous path.
Old 02-23-2021, 17:04   #24

Not at all. I'm just glad to see Trump being treated as an ordinary citizen these days, without being able to hide from court proceedings when he was POTUS. These may turn out to be interesting times for the ex-president. Also, of course, I want to be able to vote for a decent GOP POTUS candidate in 2024 and if Trump is out of that picture for any reasons, that will increase the chances of me getting a Republican I can support.
Selective much Maria? Where's hunter the child molester, or his child molesting father bragging on TV he got the SOB fired in Ukraine when they opened the Biden inc. to launder cash? You're a joke maria. Ordinary dude? If he is ordinary, that makes you a pile of cold excrement.
Old 02-23-2021, 17:26   #25

Traitor Trump is now Trump the Dump(ed), soon to be Don the Con(vict).

Hasta la vista, Donny Dump.