starting already? - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2021, 08:37   #1
large member

starting already?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2021...ings-next-week

gun haters aren't wasting time!

Mag ban that includes making more than 10 rounds illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess! effin garbage, but this is just the beginning.

Now....the other measure (5038)...and I accept many will strongly disagree, i actually support. No open carrying of firearms at demonstrations and protests. the constitution protects or God given right to "peaceful assembly." you ain't into peaceful assembly if you're openly carrying a firearm. BUT....i would extend this bill to include the banning of ANY weapon at a protest, as well as body armor, helmets, masks, etc. I'm sure many of you will disagree.

how long until the "assault weapon" ban, do yall think?

How many of you are dumping AR's (and other "assault weapons") etc proactively for the coming storm? I am about to put my AR up on co-signment or sell it privately. I would prefer to get top dollar now and then buy another when the democrats lose power again. not sure if I will sell the mini until I find out if they are on the ban list (which I know they will be). I'd rather get rid of them now and get top dollar. no way I will sell them in a gov. "buy back." damn, this sucks.
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:46   #2

I know plenty of people who go about their business all day every day, armed yet peaceful. I guess to your thoughts the police should not be armed either, if they are, they are looking for trouble, not keeping of the peace.
Adjuster, Jonjeo and 40nascar like this.
reverendg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:16   #3

Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

How many of you are dumping AR's (and other "assault weapons") etc proactively for the coming storm? I am about to put my AR up on co-signment or sell it privately. I would prefer to get top dollar now and then buy another when the democrats lose power again. not sure if I will sell the mini until I find out if they are on the ban list (which I know they will be). I'd rather get rid of them now and get top dollar. no way I will sell them in a gov. "buy back." damn, this sucks.
Come on Hawk, don't even think about giving in to these turds. Keep your damn guns, cause you will need something to fight back with. Do not comply to tyrannical cheaters. Read my signature
hawkguy, Jonjeo, 40nascar and 1 others like this.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:37   #4
large member

Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Come on Hawk, don't even think about giving in to these turds. Keep your damn guns, cause you will need something to fight back with. Do not comply to tyrannical cheaters. Read my signature
I'm with you. I'm REALLY with you. This just pisses me off beyond expression. i've put a lot of TLC into my guns. but if owning certain guns becomes crime, I can't take that chance at this point in my life. I still have kids in school to raise and support.

My hope is when I sell them, I'll sell them to the type of person who will not turn them in.

Give me 10 more years, and I'll take the route of civil disobedience, and take the jail time, if it comes to that.

For now, I'll have whatever guns are JUST within the new absurd laws.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:42   #5

Sometimes we don't get to choose the timing. No worries, there's plenty of us out there.
Adjuster, hawkguy, Jonjeo and 1 others like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:45   #6
large member

Originally Posted by reverendg View Post
I know plenty of people who go about their business all day every day, armed yet peaceful. I guess to your thoughts the police should not be armed either, if they are, they are looking for trouble, not keeping of the peace.
I respect your opinion, just disagree. people openly carrying any weapons aren't looking for a "peaceful protest" or imo....lets say maybe one in a hundred is. the other 99 are carry weapons openly to intimidate and instigate a fight (think antifa here).

as for cops being armed, I can't see a way for them not to be, considering their job and this country. I honestly think cops on the "front lines" of protests should only carry shields and non lethal defense items, and armed officers should be seen as a close "back up in need only." again, only my opinion.

I don't have a problem with legal CC though. less "in your face." as long as you are following your states rules.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:52   #7
large member

Originally Posted by chill1955 View Post
Sometimes we don't get to choose the timing. No worries, there's plenty of us out there.
I appreciate that. I consider being a father as one the most important jobs I have. Even my love of firearms and the second, have to take a back seat for my kids. And you better believe I'll talking with them about this BS while we're at the range. I'm raising them to be on the side of freedom. IMO, This is a part of the fight as well.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:53   #8

When you are fighting house fire, you apply water in strategic locations and in sufficient quantities to extinguish it. Fighting wildland fires that are raging out of control you seek the correct conditions to turn the fire back on itself. It all requires unit cohesion, timing, and skill to defeat the enemy. You don't roll up and wave a hose at it, the fire doesn't care.
Adjuster, hawkguy, Jonjeo and 2 others like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:56   #9

I appreciate that. I consider being a father as one the most important jobs I have. Even my love of firearms and the second, have to take a back seat for my kids. And you better believe I'll talking with them about this BS while we're at the range. I'm raising them to be on the side of freedom. IMO, This is a part of the fight as well.
God Family Country, ready to sacrifice all to keep them? I am a father, a grandfather, and months away from the wife retiring and us finding our mountain lair to live the rest of our days it is a dream only months away, I can see it taste it and I'm praying I live to see it! Am I sacrificing any less to say from my cold dead hands you communist filth?
Adjuster, 40nascar and Parnelli like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:10   #10

Sell my "assault" weapons?

What weapons? I haven't painted my chainsaw and wood chipper tactical black.

Not yet anyway.

Molin Labe baby, molin labe.
Adjuster, Jonjeo, 40nascar and 1 others like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:24   #11
large member

God Family Country, ready to sacrifice all to keep them? I am a father, a grandfather, and months away from the wife retiring and us finding our mountain lair to live the rest of our days it is a dream only months away, I can see it taste it and I'm praying I live to see it! Am I sacrificing any less to say from my cold dead hands you communist filth?
From my perspective, yes. you have already raised children, who I assume are capable of taking care of themselves and your grandchildren, should you be sent to prison for civil disobedience.

I won't raise my children through bars, if I can make a choice to avoid it. They deserve better. once they can care for themselves and understand why I would resist unjust laws....then its a different story.

I'm not asking anyone else to agree. This is my position, you are all welcome to your own. I was just curious if any others were feeling the same.
Adjuster and Parnelli like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:33   #12

I grew up with four step dads not by choice, children are resilient and will adapt and if God is in their lives, you have already done what you can do, the rest is up to them, and to say one man sacrifices less than the other is something I didn't expect you to say, kinda disappointed and saddened by that.
I guess if all you younger men bow out, why should I give a dam? Because I am not wired that way.
Adjuster, Jonjeo and 40nascar like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:36   #13

Do you belong to any local/state gun clubs? Band together and contact your state legislators (show up in their offices at the capitol, can't be more than a few hour drive tops) and insist they pass firearms protections acts nullifying onerous federal gun laws within your state. Wouldn't surprise me if there's proposed legislation in TX already for that, and I'd be surprised if your guv wouldn't sign it.

When the federal govt is repressive it's the job of the states to stand up for the rights of the citizenry, that's what federalism is all about. And repression is what the left is all about.
Adjuster and hawkguy like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:41   #14

I'm with you. I'm REALLY with you. This just pisses me off beyond expression. i've put a lot of TLC into my guns. but if owning certain guns becomes crime, I can't take that chance at this point in my life. I still have kids in school to raise and support.

My hope is when I sell them, I'll sell them to the type of person who will not turn them in.

Give me 10 more years, and I'll take the route of civil disobedience, and take the jail time, if it comes to that.

Ah, you are thinking all wrong about it. Do ya not have a boat? And insurance? Those boating accidents happen all the time.
Old 01-24-2021, 13:29   #15
large member

Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Ah, you are thinking all wrong about it. Do ya not have a boat? And insurance? Those boating accidents happen all the time.
lmao! I know, I know. but I figure like the last ban, they'll be back again at some point. The republicans will get their turn at the power grab at some point again.

I'll probably throw the $ in the kids college fund. firearms ARE generally a good investment, at least. college in this modern US, well....we'll see.
Old 01-24-2021, 13:36   #16
large member

I grew up with four step dads not by choice, children are resilient and will adapt and if God is in their lives, you have already done what you can do, the rest is up to them, and to say one man sacrifices less than the other is something I didn't expect you to say, kinda disappointed and saddened by that.
I guess if all you younger men bow out, why should I give a dam? Because I am not wired that way.
No need to be disappointed or saddened, I'm just looking at it differently than you. I did not intend to imply anything about me is more valuable than you. I was just stating how I feel about my responsibilities at this point in my life, versus the differences that come a bit down the road.

absolutely nothing personal intended. my life has no more importance than yours, except when it comes to my families dependence on ME. hope that makes sense.
Old 01-24-2021, 13:38   #17
large member

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
Do you belong to any local/state gun clubs? Band together and contact your state legislators (show up in their offices at the capitol, can't be more than a few hour drive tops) and insist they pass firearms protections acts nullifying onerous federal gun laws within your state. Wouldn't surprise me if there's proposed legislation in TX already for that, and I'd be surprised if your guv wouldn't sign it.

When the federal govt is repressive it's the job of the states to stand up for the rights of the citizenry, that's what federalism is all about. And repression is what the left is all about.
Good advice. i have been vocal to my states reps in recent years, but honestly....it has been mostly ignored. it does seem to take a lot of people to get their attention.
Old 01-24-2021, 13:40   #18

I am reminded of Benjamin Martin addressing the assembly in The Patriot when it came to voting on a levy against Britain and Benjamin abstained.

God

Family

Country

That's the way I learned it to be, for without God everything is meaningless, and without families you can have no country. After all according to John Locke

"any single man must judge for himself whether circumstances warrant obedience or resistance to the commands of the civil magistrate; we are all qualified, entitled, and morally obliged to evaluate the conduct of our rulers. This Political Judgement, moreover, is not simply or primarily a Right, but like Self Preservation a duty to God. As such it is a judgement that men cannot part with according to the God of Nature. It is the first and foremost of our inalienable Rights, without which we can preserve no other."
I cannot say what paths other men must trod, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord and chose the path of Liberty that He has laid out for us as a nation.

May God have mercy on those who are against this Liberty, for I may not be in the mood to depending upon the circumstances.
Adjuster, hawkguy, Sparkie and 1 others like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 14:14   #19
Suck it Leftists!

After reading this thread I remember why I had coward yellow belly hawkguy on my ignore list.
Old 01-24-2021, 14:41   #20

Itís to bad our Soldiers donít have that choice. If everyone thought like that we would still be under British rule. Sometimes you have to fight .
Adjuster, Sparkie and SMOGGUY like this.
Augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 16:12   #21

Yeah sometimes a bunch of crooked ruthless cocksuckers back you into a corner and you have no choice but to come out swinging.

If I had to explain exactly how I feel about our current situation in America that would be spot on.
Old 01-24-2021, 16:57   #22
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

My friends, we did not ask for this fight, but the CHEATERS are shoving it in our faces daily.

Reasonable men live in peace, they respect each other, and both your own and others beliefs in God, Man and freedom.

Laws are there to punish evil, and in attempt to control evil. (That my friends is impossible. Evil is always there. Always.)

On the front end, that is where the reach of your arm and rifle ends, YOUR SECURITY IS UP TO YOU. Period.

Any "Laws" or even law enforcement is always a mop up crew. They come to chalk the bodies, collect the evidence and attempt to find justice AFTER THE FACT.

In a few, RARE cases, "law enforcment" is there when the Evil act happens, and can be a positive force for good, but lately?

That positive force for good, has turned into a year plus of watching "LEO's" stand by and let the EVIL riot, burn and kill. And they do nothing. Watching "LEO's" over-react when the forces of "good" come calling, and now we are being told that harsh punishment is there for anyone who breaks these laws... Okay, finally!

But then? The same "approved" evil forces are out there, doing their riots, burns and the "Law" does what? NOTHING.

That folks is total and complete BULL SHYTE. Period.

That along with other "actions" designed to destroy families, industry and pride in our nation being shoved down our throats? Yeah, that's not how you build unity.

It's how you start civil wars.

I think America is at the point of no return folks.

IF you allow the CHEATERS/EVIL to break the law, and then clamp down on the citizens who cry foul?

You just painted large targets on you. Pretty damn stupid to do that in a nation with 75 million Trump supporters with 300+ million guns.

Yeah, that reality is going to come bite you CHEATERS, and the LEO's who have decided to go along with you, in the arse. (And that is if you are lucky, and don't just get wiped out entirely by the citizens you told you would protect and serve, but then, you choose to fall in with the CHEATERS, and you forfeit all respect and security you might have once had with those citizens who are not part of the CHEATERS.)

Yeah, it's down to that folks. Pick a side, not just your nose or arse. LOL

As noted, if your STATE wants to unify the views of it's citizens, and let the CHEATERS know they will not only ignore their unjust laws/edicts/treason, but they will kick the crap out of any CHEATER who comes calling to try and enforce unjust treasonous laws.

I am all for that. All the States, and COUNTIES who did not and WILL NEVER support the CHEATERS need to pick sides now.

And then stick with your choice.

Good example would be Texas stepping up and supporting your border patrol/ICE folks in the State of Texas by ENFORCING THE LAWS, not some CHEATER EO that is total nonsense.

How about you good folks up in the Dakota's building your pipe line, and tell Joe to shove it up arse.

How about all the non CHEATER parts of this nation declaring that the CONTITUTION is our guide and any EO or Fed law that does not follow it? Is null and void in our nation. Our land. Our cities OUR COUNTRY.

Yeah. That is what the vast majority of the nation land wise, and about half of it's citizens population wise need to do.

After all, that half the population has how many guns? More than all the militaries of the world combined. Sure, they have no fighter jets. No subs or even military bases, but as we know from history, those items are only useful in face to face, country v/s country wars. (And not always even then.)

The fact that armed citizens, with basic, and some advanced skills with those weapons are much more dangerous than any military force. EVER. Period.

Ask the British in 1770s America who was the most powerful military on earth? Or how about Americans in 1970s who was the most powerful military on earth in Viet Nam? How about date zero to today TRASHCANISTAN where nobody has EVER managed to rule over those people. Not because they have the most powerful military on earth, but they have armed citizens who will not give up their own land/nation/family/control....

EVER. We were fools to try, and all those before us were fools as well. And anyone who tries in the future? They will be fools then. (Go for it China, your next on the merry-go-round of death in TRASHCANISTAN.)

Folks the USA as it stands today? We have more power than the people in TRASHCANISTAN ever had. BY a large factor.

So be of good cheer. No military, no LEO's and absolutely no CHEATERS will ever rule over Americans who are fighting for their homes/lives/loved ones and liberty.

None. Ever.

So, we need to band together, and let the CHEATERS know they have zero power here IN OUR COUNTRY outside of the Constitution. And never will.
Sparkie and SMOGGUY like this.

BLAMTIFA: The new KKK with colored hair...
Saddle Up! And let's Keep America Great with our MOB
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 16:51   #23
large member

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
After reading this thread I remember why I had coward yellow belly hawkguy on my ignore list.
LMAO!

never been a shortage of keyboard tough guys around here!

Last edited by hawkguy; 01-25-2021 at 17:06.
Old 01-25-2021, 17:41   #24

Hawkguy:
How many shootings happened in Virginia when they had mass protests
of armed people. Zero, how do you explain that. Believe what you want
or what the media tells you to believe. Just realize the they have been
lying since before Trump ran for office. How many had families that fought
and died in world war 2 to keep us free, your willing to throw away your
Freedom for what? There will be no security without Freedom.
If you agree with limiting the 2nd Amendment your part of the problem.
Adjuster, grumpy_old_man and Augie like this.
Old 01-25-2021, 19:06   #25
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
If you agree with limiting the 2nd Amendment your part of the problem.
There are the fairweather patriots my friends.

Not the worst people in the world, but damn, when the chips are down, and it's critical to stay the course?

These folks will "choose" to sacrifice their freedom for the lie of promised security.

Just as Ben Franklin pointed out all those years ago when folks did not choose the lie of security, they stood tall. Some died.

But the enemy HAD NO SKIN IN THE GAME. And thus, they lost.

Speaking of skin in the game, do you think any of the CHEATERS have true skin in the game anywhere outside of their mansions and monuments to their power and glory? Nope. We are out in the great flyover country, where we are to be seen and not heard. Not noticed unless there is a war, and cannon fodder is needed for the CHEATER wars.

Yeah. Choose to be a leaf in the wind with your rights, and when it matters?

You wake up to realize you are their bitch.
Sparkie likes this.

BLAMTIFA: The new KKK with colored hair...
Saddle Up! And let's Keep America Great with our MOB
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote