Ammo Shortage - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree32Likes
  • 5 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 3 Post By cleanodeano
  • 3 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 5 Post By 40nascar
  • 4 Post By SMOGGUY
  • 3 Post By RIBob
  • 5 Post By Bepe
  • 4 Post By 40nascar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2020, 05:10   #1
Suck it Leftists!

Ammo Shortage

If you can find ammo itís more than double in price. Below is a list of reasons Iím seeing not in any particular order.

- Lead shortage: there are no lead smelters in the US (thanks to EPA) and majority of lead comes from China (thanks leftist commies)
- Copper shortage: majority comes from Chile and their mines are closed due to Kungflu
- Feds getting priority for their orders
- Consumer demand has decimated supply

Iím assuming the reloading supplies have run dry as well.

I donít see any relief until 2021 at the earliest and if Slo Jo is elected it may never recover. Unfortunately Iím beginning to ration my use.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:41   #2
Vigilant Curmudgeon

I am seeing some acceptance & admiration for my reloading hobby . During the winter months and self quarantine / isolation , I have been busy reloading .
Got 16 GI ammo boxes full of assorted rifle and pistol ammo ( self manufactured)
Traveling past the gun stores and Wallyworld now...just smirking & smiling.
I still have plenty of components to keep busy for a while.

Could not stand for the growing price increases of store bought ammo.
Imagine what shortages there will be after the November " Mail in Election".
Adjuster, sandog and Bepe like this.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:45   #3
Suck it Leftists!

I stocked up mightily in 2013 after black Jesus was re-elected. I will never have to buy 9mm, .223/5.56, .22, or .380 again in my lifetime. Could use some 12 & 20 ga. Shells but itís on the bottom of the priority list. My friends and family are suffering big time but are not getting any sympathy from me because Iíve been telling them the ammo shortages were coming since at least 2009.
40nascar, Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:04   #4

I hear you. I will never have to buy another round of .22lr ever again. Likely the same on 9mm, 5.56 and 12G. I will have to ration litely on 7.62x39, but i could shoot and still wait a couple years before restocking and be O.K. the mini-30 has taken over as my primary defense/battle carbine. I can always go back to mymini 14 if the ammo stash gets too low.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:02   #5
AKA CRABBY

Got tons an tons of ammo we buy it from Miwall wholesale which is located where I live.Every fathers day they put on a big sale here,people came from everywhere an spent $1,000s ++++++++++ stocking up ya had to get here real early to get the best stuff an buys,this year not many wenT due to calif,s new ammo laws an chinaflu.
Also have a ton of OLD lead 50s/60s vintage I use to fish a lot in bay,ocean, streams an lakes,problem is I don't reload an only fish in my dreams now,lol...
SMOGGUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 14:59   #6
Formerly "raf"

If one is "stocking-up" right now, one is buying at high prices/reduced choices, and WAY behind the curve.
Adjuster, Bepe and SMOGGUY like this.
RIBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 15:55   #7

Originally Posted by RIBob View Post
If one is "stocking-up" right now, one is buying at high prices/reduced choices, and WAY behind the curve.
Ya...and they are probably happy as a clam to get it. Self inflicted.... Anyone with half a brain should have known to stock deep.

Plenty of loaded and enough components to last a whille. I was digging through some boxes in the book chest the other day and found 800 rounds of x39mm PPU I had stored. Didn't know I had it.

Bepe
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 16:57   #8

It's a little hard to blame the newbies....a little. They got caught up in the panic as the Anarchist explosion in the Big Cities caught them by surprise. Also, the ones just turning of age when they can legally buy firearms and ammo., And the Kungflu hoax. A perfect Storm.

Those of us with eyes to see, and ears to hear have been getting ready. And the time has come. Be safe and be well.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote