At Lewis funeral, Obama calls for renewing Voting Rights Act - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree57Likes
  • 9 Post By Momo
  • 9 Post By Parnelli
  • 6 Post By r80rt
  • 7 Post By Parnelli
  • 6 Post By Momo
  • 7 Post By Parnelli
  • 5 Post By Adjuster
  • 5 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 2 Post By Parnelli
  • 1 Post By SMOGGUY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2020, 13:27   #1

At Lewis funeral, Obama calls for renewing Voting Rights Act

Obama, speaking from the pulpit of the church that Martin Luther King Jr. once led, called on Congress to renew the Voting Rights Act, which the Supreme Court diminished in 2012.

You want to honor John, lets honor him by revitalizing the law that he was willing to die for, Obama said.

Obama endorsed ending the Senate filibuster if that is whats needed to pass an overhauled voting law. The first Black president called the procedural hurdle that effectively requires 60 votes to pass major legislation a Jim Crow relic, referring to the segregation era.
Wow, look at that. No surprise scumbag O would politicize a funeral, but he's calling for ending filibusters.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I believe separation of powers/checks and balances/filibuster type rules were specifically put into our system of government to eliminate the possibility of one party getting control of the govt and ramrodding through whatever they wanted, which of course is tyranny.

Now the dems are so confident they'll pick up everything in November they're wanting to eliminate anything that could slow them down implementing their 'agenda', which of course is all about control. And you're racist if you oppose it....
Old 07-30-2020, 16:00   #2

I see that the Dems have three huge problems. The first is that they're arrogant, extremely arrogant. They are so arrogant in fact that it is the cause for their second huge fault, and that is that they believe their own lies, the lies that the media tells them, as well as the lies that their leftist lawyers tell them. The third is that they have no respect for our Constitution or our Laws, and it has become blatantly apparent, which doesn't sit well with many Americans, including some Democrats.

Black Jesus cannot save them this time no matter how many lies he tells "his" people.
r80rt, Momo, Adjuster and 6 others like this.
Old 07-30-2020, 16:14   #3
Woods bum

He's been irrelevant for a long time.
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2020, 16:17   #4

I see his "wife" as being a far greater threat to our Republic, as he's a feckless mom jean wearin' lazy (in his own words) good for nothing Communist.
Old 07-30-2020, 16:40   #5

Maybe so, but if it wasnt for the 22nd A Im willing to bet hed still be in office, and could remain so until he decided to step down.

Our politics, at a national level anyway, is broken and doesnt even come close to functioning as it was envisioned.
Old 07-30-2020, 16:55   #6

Our politics, at a national level anyway, is broken and doesn’t even come close to functioning as it was envisioned.
I think it's safe to say that pretty much nothing works any more at the national level of government.

Except the MOB, that is, he works his arse off for us.
Old 07-30-2020, 18:41   #7
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

Today, while taking a pee, I farted...

It meant more to me than anything Obummer has ever said or done.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:26   #8

America is going to get a healthy dose of OBOZO, Mookie the Wookie, and every other leftist commie Slo Jo’s handlers can find as they drag the special needs dementia patient toward Nov. 3.

BTW - The same leftist commies who attended the funeral or stood in line for hours to pay respects are the same ones preaching it’s too risky to vote in person.
Momo, curt mini14, Sparkie and 2 others like this.

Last edited by GAMEOVER; 07-31-2020 at 02:44.
GAMEOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 14:29   #9

Their hypocrisy is glaring.

Blinding even.
curt mini14 and Sparkie like this.
Old 07-31-2020, 21:38   #10

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
Wow, look at that. No surprise scumbag O would politicize a funeral, but he's calling for ending filibusters.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I believe separation of powers/checks and balances/filibuster type rules were specifically put into our system of government to eliminate the possibility of one party getting control of the govt and ramrodding through whatever they wanted, which of course is tyranny.

Now the dems are so confident they'll pick up everything in November they're wanting to eliminate anything that could slow them down implementing their 'agenda', which of course is all about control. And you're racist if you oppose it....
You bet your sweet a$$ they'll win in November, but through flat out voter fraud and voter suppression and/or intimidation.

"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)
silvermane_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 17:24   #11
AKA CRABBY

Originally Posted by silvermane_1 View Post
You bet your sweet a$$ they'll win in November, but through flat out voter fraud and voter suppression and/or intimidation.
Why you think that ??
You seem pretty enthusiastic about them winning,whats up with you ???
Sparkie likes this.
SMOGGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:57   #12

Cool

Originally Posted by silvermane_1 View Post
I posted this because we are talking about leftists whom matra is "the ends justify the means" to attain power that will ultimately destroy "1st World" Western Civilization, and what little remains of our once great Replublic.

"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)
silvermane_1 is online now   Reply With Quote