Bad News For Liberty... - Shooting Sports Forum


News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree86Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2020, 12:26   #1
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Official Utard
Posts: 25,162
Thumbs down Bad News For Liberty...

Real bad news...

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-powers-140023

The short answer?

NO!
__________________
Does only telling little white lies make me a racist?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:49   #2
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
 
Adjuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Idaho, Land of the Free.
Posts: 10,125
No.

When the citizens of this nation allow judges to lock you up for any old reason, and you have zero options to clear your name until they decide it's your time to get that chance?

Hell no.
__________________
Obummer says I'm a pre-op transgender Blask Lesbian.
Trump says I can just reach out and grab what I want.
Look! He reached out and grabbed Michelle's Pussy!
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:42   #3
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
That would be Trump's DoJ...
Renkse likes this.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-22-2020, 05:55   #4
Gunslinger
 
HopalongCassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 608
Fake News Politico
2rangers, 40nascar, Bepe and 1 others like this.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:22   #5
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
Originally Posted by HopalongCassidy View Post
Fake News Politico

How would you know, one way or the other? Are you just spreading a false narrative about something you don't know?
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:31   #6
Gunslinger
 
HopalongCassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
How would you know, one way or the other? Are you just spreading a false narrative about something you don't know?
Ah, no, that would be you.

The best indicator of current or future behavior, is past behavior. They have zero credibility.

Case closed. Owned again.
2rangers, 40nascar, Bepe and 1 others like this.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:44   #7
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
Ahh, you think only one site is presenting it. You're easy to fool.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:04   #8
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Official Utard
Posts: 25,162
This falls into this category as well...

All of these plans are the responsibility of U.S. Northern Command (or NORTHCOM), the homeland defense military authority created after 9/11. Air Force General O'Shaughnessy is NORTHCOM's Colorado Springs-based commander.

On February 1, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper signed orders directing NORTHCOM to execute nationwide pandemic plans. Secretly, he signed Warning Orders (the WARNORD as it's called) alerting NORTHCOM and a host of east coast units to "prepare to deploy" in support of potential extraordinary missions.

Seven secret plans – some highly compartmented – exist to prepare for these extraordinary missions. Three are transportation related, just to move and support the White House and the federal government as it evacuates and operates from alternate sites. The first is called the Rescue & Evacuation of the Occupants of the Executive Mansion (or RESEM) plan, responsible for protecting President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, and their families--whether that means moving them at the direction of the Secret Service or, in a catastrophe, digging them out of the rubble of the White House.

The second is called the Joint Emergency Evacuation Plan (or JEEP), and it organizes transportation for the Secretary of Defense and other national security leaders so that they can leave the Washington area. The Atlas Plan is a third, moving non-military leaders – Congressional leadership, the Supreme Court and other important figures – to their emergency relocation sites. Under Atlas, a still- secret bunker would be activated and cordoned, with government operations shifting to Maryland.
https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-i...rnment-1492878

__________________
Does only telling little white lies make me a racist?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:48   #9
Gunslinger
 
HopalongCassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
Ahh, you think only one site is presenting it. You're easy to fool.
Ah, no, wrong again.

Multiple sites have nothing to do with anything. Typical Lousy argument again. The Fake News has been consistently wrong with just about everything. It's because they have a bias and an agenda.

Russia, Ukraine, Impeachment, Kavanaugh come to mind, but the list could go on and on.

Their credibility, trust, and poll numbers are at an all time low. We know how you love poll numbers. The overwhelming majority of people have lost trust in the media.

If you came down from your glass castle and off your high horse, you might know that.

Instead, you think your opinion matters more than others, and you can make up the facts.

Just like the, oh wait, Fake News Media. LOL!

Honestly, bro, is this your A game?

I thought your were educated?
2rangers, 40nascar, Bepe and 2 others like this.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:23   #10
RJF
Full Member
 
RJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Posts: 5,382
There are many powers available to the federal government that could result in the equivalent of martial law. I seriously doubt any would come into effect under DJT except under a very dire emergency, and then only in certain locales, and for a very limited timeframe.

IMHO, the greatest dangers are from local governments that declare a state of emergency and then abuse the law to establish martial law. NOLA is but one example, past and present!
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 14:53   #11
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
Originally Posted by HopalongCassidy View Post
Ah, no, that would be you.

The best indicator of current or future behavior, is past behavior.

Trump and his administration have been caught in thousands of lies. I expect Trump and his administration to lie about everything.
Renkse likes this.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 15:31   #12
Gunslinger
 
HopalongCassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
Trump and his administration have been caught in thousands of lies. I expect Trump and his administration to lie about everything.
Again, nice misdirection, red herring, and non sequitur.

Where is your “tangent”, as you like to say (lol) to the topic of Politico and me calling them Fake News?

You have zero concept of logic, I’m trying to help you

And you insist on being a piss poor student. Lol
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 15:57   #13
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
You believe Trump. I draw conclusions from that about you.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 16:44   #14
Gunslinger
 
HopalongCassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
You believe Trump. I draw conclusions from that about you.
I do believe him, no secret; how deductive of you.

Now, if you want to have an opinion about me because of that, fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

However, if you want to draw conclusions about me because I believe Trump

Those conclusions would be invalid, because logically, you can’t.

You see logic is the science of rational thinking and reason.

Logic is the foundation of mathematics, physics, and other branches of science.

You have proven over and over that you can’t grasp this, because you keep making the same mistakes in your arguments.

You insist on defaulting to logical fallacies, I keep pointing them out.

You really should look them up.

An opinion is just that, and nobody cares about yours. An opinion is different than a logical conclusion.

You are like someone who keeps arguing that 2+2=5

Sorry this took so long, but you are particularly thick, and the teacher in me just wants to help.

Would you like to see my teaching credential that allowed me to teach college in California for many years?
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:53   #15
Full Member
 
dh1633pm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 6,726
Having a discussion with a troll is like arguing with a rock. The rock doesn't have the ability to listen or reply. Or at least in a recognizable format.
2rangers, Adjuster, RJF and 2 others like this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:05   #16
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
Originally Posted by HopalongCassidy View Post
I do believe him, no secret; how deductive of you.

Now, if you want to have an opinion about me because of that, fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

However, if you want to draw conclusions about me because I believe Trump

Those conclusions would be invalid, because logically, you can’t.

You see logic is the science of rational thinking and reason.

Of course I may and can draw conclusions about you because of your stated beliefs.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:46   #17
RJF
Full Member
 
RJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Posts: 5,382
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:43   #18
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw



Actually, there is a long and colorful history of that saying, and it has been attributed in its many forms to a slew of authors, Shaw among them.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:02   #19
Gunslinger
 
HopalongCassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 608
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
Of course I may and can draw conclusions about you because of your stated beliefs.
Lol. Those would be opinions. If you insist on calling them conclusions, be my guest. They would be logically invalid because they would be based on fallacies.

Your inability to grasp this, proves that “credentials “ which your sanctimonious pompous ass is so hung up on, are often meaningless.

Although you have offered no proof, I will stipulate such, as to any of your so called credentials.

Are you really that dumb, or are you just playing dumb?

So you see, the more credentials you claim to have, the more it makes my point.

You are one Dumb ****.....with credentials! LOL

Last edited by whofarted; 03-23-2020 at 12:16.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50   #20
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: camp verde az
Posts: 1,595
the only one who lies here is you lip stick you never worked a day in your life. all you do is lie and then lie some more as you can see no one here believes a word you say.
2rangers and Turkeestalker like this.
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:39   #21
Full Member
 
chill1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,862
This is funny. Maybe we should all read the Patriot Act. You know, good ol boy bush's contribution to the global order. Loose verbiage, if they declare a person a "terrorist" all your rights are taken away just as fast as you are. What the hey! get off me! oohhnooo!
__________________
Sine Missione
chill1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 13:46   #22
Full Member
 
Brian S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,471
Too many Americans take their freedom for granted. A glimpse at what life is like when the Government controls everything.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3K3fy5eKeuM

They have complete control of the media. They monitor your every movement. Who you are, where you go, what you say, and what you do. If your state has a lockdown in place, I guarantee it is nothing like the one in China that went on for 5 weeks.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Brian S; 03-23-2020 at 18:40.
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 14:53   #23
RJF
Full Member
 
RJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Posts: 5,382
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
Actually, there is a long and colorful history of that saying, and it has been attributed in its many forms to a slew of authors, Shaw among them.
Yeah, Shaw was a commie. He had some good quotes, however...

And he's dead...

Lots of Army Infantry and Marine quotes and analogs abound, to include when I was a grunt in my youth.

All true!
2rangers and Turkeestalker like this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 16:22   #24
Full Member
 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Next to the ocean
Posts: 5,034
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
Yeah, Shaw was a commie. He had some good quotes, however...

And he's dead...

Lots of Army Infantry and Marine quotes and analogs abound, to include when I was a grunt in my youth.

All true!

Shaw was a Fabian Socialist, not a communist, though he was enamored of the Russian Revolution and a fan of Stalin. Now, we have a POTUS who is a friend of Putin.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:02   #25
Full Member
 
Turkeestalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Cottleville, MO
Posts: 5,844
Idiot.
2rangers and SMOGGUY like this.
__________________
Bye Felicia!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turkeestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:41.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.