Thank goodness for Mike Pence! - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By migyver
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 1 Post By migyver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2020, 07:51   #1
Temp Banned!

Thank goodness for Mike Pence!

I don't know about you, but I feel really confident about POTUS Trump appointing Vice-POTUS Pence as the man in charge of our coronavirus response because, as Trump said, "Pence has a certain talent for this."

Yes, indeed, like when Pence was Governor of Indiana and his response to the HIV/AIDS crisis in his state was to pray it away. Pence is a real science guy who once called global warming a “myth,” downplayed the health risks of smoking, and as governor of Indiana, led his state into an HIV crisis by cutting funding to Planned Parenthood and initially opposing needle exchange programs. The vice president also has no medical experience.

Pence on smoking:

Pence has said he doesn’t believe smoking kills people. He made that case in an op-ed article published in 2000 and has made no public effort to update his position since.

“Time for a quick reality check,” Pence wrote. “Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill. In fact, 2 out of every three smokers does not die from a smoking related illness and 9 out of ten smokers do not contract lung cancer.”

What was evident from Trump's presser yesterday on coronavirus was that he is as clueless about that possible crisis as he is about everything else.

Trump's real concern, of course, is the possible long-term impact of the virus on the stock market, and that for a strictly personal reason.

Last edited by LousyShot; 02-27-2020 at 08:48.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:26   #2

You would be against him even if you agreed with him 100%. It's what you do.
curt mini14 and Turkeestalker like this.
migyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:12   #3
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by migyver View Post
You would be against him even if you agreed with him 100%. It's what you do.

I have a low level of expectations for politicians. Trump did an almost decent job of trying to calm the nation in his presser yesterday, but it was really patently obvious he hadn't spent any serious time or effort learning about the issues connected to the virus. And low as my expectations are, I expect the POTUS to know more about non-classified issues that I do. I did not get that feeling. I also got the feeling that Trump cared a lot more about the stock market and the impact it might have on the fall's election than he cared about Americans and others who might be stricken with the virus. And Pence? Pence is a joke.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:36   #4
Matthew 5:9

[QUOTE=LousyShot;1615048 And Pence? Pence is a joke.[/QUOTE]

You should speak more respectfully about the man that will be our President from 2024-2032
curt mini14 and Turkeestalker like this.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:29   #5
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post
You should speak more respectfully about the man that will be our President from 2024-2032

Now that is funny. Mike sycophant Pence as POTUS. The Republican Party will need a crowbar and a tanker full of vaseline to pull him out of Trump's butt.
Old 02-27-2020, 14:27   #6

So... you have a low level of expectations for politicians... yet you have recently claimed to be in charge of the PR for the campaigns of a 'few' congressional races... mmmmmhm.
So you tend to spend your time and minimal talent on things that you don't believe in?
No surprise.
Old 02-27-2020, 15:46   #7
Temp Banned!

Duh. I have never claimed to be "in charge" of the PR for the campaigns of a few congressional races. I do write and sometimes produce radio and television commercials for political campaigns, and I have researched and written policy and position papers and speeches in past campaigns for a few candidates, but I've never been "in charge" of campaign PR. I'm just an outside contractor, a hired gun, as it were.
Old 02-27-2020, 15:48   #8

Riiiiiight.

Do you really believe that I pay that close of attention to your lies?
Old 02-27-2020, 16:01   #9
Temp Banned!

Originally Posted by Turkeestalker View Post
Riiiiiight.

Do you really believe that I pay that close of attention to your lies?

I don't believe you pay close attention to anything other than right-wing extremist b.s.
Old 02-27-2020, 16:13   #10

You leftists sure do love to call the truth, right-wing extremist b.s. huh?
Old 02-27-2020, 17:35   #11

Lousyshot is into marketing. Here is where he learned about the boyz by staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

https://youtu.be/ZlCLuIwuVgQ
Turkeestalker likes this.
migyver is online now   Reply With Quote