Texas church:Good guys with guns save lives! - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree237Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2019, 14:36   #1

Texas church:Good guys with guns save lives!

https://abc7.com/1-dead-1-critically...illed/5796796/
migyver, 2rangers, freesw and 8 others like this.
whofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 16:29   #2

Good! The Jackass from the Party of Jackasses is dead!
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 19:08   #3
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

Too bad they did not kill the Jackarse before he shot them.

Not sure there is any way to "prevent" any deaths, but sure as hell, the response from the congregation saved others lives.

Wonder if the national media will play this one much. After all, it's whites, in White Settlement, TX. No race hate/bait nonsense to promote here.

Had it been Trayvon with the Shotgun? Well the whole dang town of White Settlement would be racist for sure.
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2019, 19:43   #4

The media will focus on the rise of hate crimes under Trump. Then they will count the perp as a victim of gun violence.
2rangers, Momo, Adjuster and 4 others like this.
migyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 19:44   #5

We’ll see what comes out about the perp but I’m sure as usual there were warning signs aplenty that were ignored with a history of mental illness and some psychotropic drugs thrown in.

And being as how it appears to be a mostly white church in White Settlement I would expect there to either be some kind of racial angle to it or another case of a leftist loon cooking off....
Old 12-29-2019, 20:14   #6
large member

thanks for the link, amazing what good people can do when they have the chance.

another tragedy considering this psycho managed to kill 2 innocent people. prayers and condolences to their families.

got a friend....who for several reasons...is becoming less of friend. big posts on social media about how "good guys with guns" never works. gave him several counter arguments with valid examples....dismissed them all, of course. mind is made up.

won't bother showing him this one. he would find a way to make sure that (in his mind) it wasn't really ordinary citizens being heroes and saving lives.

massive respect to these armed citizens who saved countless lives in this tragedy.
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 20:32   #7

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
We’ll see what comes out about the perp but I’m sure as usual there were warning signs aplenty that were ignored with a history of mental illness and some psychotropic drugs thrown in.

And being as how it appears to be a mostly white church in White Settlement I would expect there to either be some kind of racial angle to it or another case of a leftist loon cooking off....

Guaranteed it will be a Democrat, as is the Case in 99+% of mass shooting cases in the USA, despite what frees#it says. It will not be an NRA member, Trump supporter, or other "right winger". More likely to be another Bernie Sanders Whacko or Pochohontis supporter. Failing that, a Democrat Camel Humper.

Last edited by 40nascar; 12-29-2019 at 20:37. Reason: Autocorrect error
Old 12-29-2019, 21:00   #8
Matthew 5:9

THIS is why we have a Security Ministry, which grew by 2 members last week !!

We have "screeners" at the sanctuary entrance and "guards" (my job for the flock) patrolling every area of the Church
Old 12-30-2019, 00:26   #9

As reported by NBC News, Dallas FBI field office special agent Matt DeSarno said that investigators were working on figuring out the shooter’s motive. He described the man as a “relatively transient” person with roots in the area. The shooter also had a criminal record, and had been arrested multiple times in various cities.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/churc...rist-shooting/

Don't know what his previous arrests were for, but it looks like another case of catch and release causing the death of innocents. They really need to stop slapping bad guys on the wrist and turning them loose on the unsuspecting public.
BengalBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:59   #10

B.B. I agree 100% !

This may have simply been a nobodys' way to become forever (in)famous in that area for whatever reason he chose to do it in a Church.

Possibly he had a beef with a member, or the Church its self......maybe they denied him a charity he believed he was ENTITLED to.......

pure speculation on my part, but it would fit the scenario well.

he should not be named in the media....only called "another a**hole" and instead of buried, he should either be allowed to rot in public view, OR let some of Texas' wild pigs have his carcass......maybe knowing you'll become pig droppings might make someone think twice before doing this.
(especially if it's a self radicalized jihadi)

as long as our liberal media GLORIFIES such acts, there will be mentally unhinged people willing to step into the limelight.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:28   #11

Red face

Originally Posted by BengalBacker View Post
As reported by NBC News, Dallas FBI field office special agent Matt DeSarno said that investigators were working on figuring out the shooter’s motive. He described the man as a “relatively transient” person with roots in the area. The shooter also had a criminal record, and had been arrested multiple times in various cities.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/churc...rist-shooting/

Don't know what his previous arrests were for, but it looks like another case of catch and release causing the death of innocents. They really need to stop slapping bad guys on the wrist and turning them loose on the unsuspecting public.
Yep, need to go back to the idea of a "3 time loser" - 3x convictions = life sentence, no parole.

Glad to read that the good guys popped the perp before he did more damage, sad to see that the SOB killed 2 good people and wounded others. If he'd been locked away properly, this would not have happened. No gun ban short of a complete ban on shotguns could have affected the perp's ability to source the weapon, but the media won't report that.

OTOH, yesterday also gave us this obscenity: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wa...ump-mcconnell/ No surprise, but all that BS about "AR15's make it easy" was just BS on his part. That little ****stain used a handgun and wasn't even competent to kill himself with it properly. My first reaction was that he should be tried and hanged, but hangin's too good for him. Upon conviction, I'm thinking his punishment should be more along the lines of a woodchipper or roasting alive on spit.

Then there was the "machete" (or whatever: ""The guy came in wielding a big knife, sword, machete — I don't know what it was," said Josef Gluck, who hit the assailant with a coffee table during the attack." 5 stabbed at Hanukkah celebration in latest attack on Jews - StarTribune.com ) attack in NY. I wonder if the media's focus on the term "machete" means that there will be a concerted effort to ban large combat-worthy knives (at least in repressive police-states like NY and California)? In which case, get your kukri or whatever BFK you want sooner than later if you're in one of those hellholes. Pity the poor bastards in that synagogue didn't have a proper weapon to shoot back with, but hey its NY, so even if they wanted to have armed security I doubt it would be allowed.

So a mix. As good of news as possible for the TX situation, worse news other places. Betcha the commie punks that run the media will bury the story of "good guy with gun saves innocents" under a load of other ****.

Grumpy
grumpy_old_man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:37   #12

what kind of animal blows someone away while they hand you a church bulletin? I have been carrying in church since the first Texas church shooting. Glad he got his trial and executon right there on the spot.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:29   #13

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post

We have "screeners" at the sanctuary entrance and "guards" (my job for the flock) patrolling every area of the Church
In fact weren't we just talking about this very subject on another thread?

Thank God these folks had the mindset to secure their own place of worship; they may not have stopped a violent attack entirely, but I'm sure that the results were greatly diminished from what the attacker had intended.

Are we coming to a time in America where the only answer to arseholes who want to destroy us is a good guy with a gun?

God I hope not, but that hope is fleeting.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:38   #14

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post

We do the same thing in my area of the PRK. Many if not most of the Evangelical Churches in my County do. Having a strong pro 2nd Ammendment Sheriff certainly helps. There is a trainer in our county that advertises his concealed carry classes for Preachers, Ministers and Elders.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:49   #15

Originally Posted by Parnelli View Post
In fact weren't we just talking about this very subject on another thread?

Thank God these folks had the mindset to secure their own place of worship; they may not have stopped a violent attack entirely, but I'm sure that the results were greatly diminished from what the attacker had intended.

Are we coming to a time in America where the only answer to arseholes who want to destroy us is a good guy with a gun?
Yes, that is where we are. The Good Guys are responding as needed. The number of states that have responded by legalizing or reducing restrictions on concealed carry is tacit acknowledgement that the cops cant be everywhere, or respond to criminality in a timely manner. The Supreme Court told us so, decades ago.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:43   #16

The shooter.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ri...hurch/2283777/
Old 12-30-2019, 11:56   #17

More.
https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/keith-thomas-kinnunen/
Old 12-30-2019, 11:59   #18

Bingo!!
Old 12-30-2019, 13:02   #19

The hero.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/jack-wilson/
Old 12-30-2019, 13:04   #20

Should have been tossed in the slammer for good a long time ago, or hung from the gallows. Works out much better this way.

Thank God for the armed parishioners or this would have been far worse.
Old 12-30-2019, 14:36   #21

If you listen to the audio, the amount of time between the first of the two shots that the piece of sh!t fired, and the shot that the head of church security fired, was only about 2 seconds.
You're damned right that this would have been much worse.
It also reminds us about the importance of effective training in proficiency.

You're right Parnelli, and which member was poking fun at whole the idea?
Turkeestalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 15:09   #22

My bad, I could've sworn that idiot #1 has posted something snotty about it, but I checked and for once it hadn't... guess I'm just used to it doing that.
Turkeestalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 15:31   #23

Originally Posted by Turkeestalker View Post
My bad, I could've sworn that idiot #1 has posted something snotty about it, but I checked and for once it hadn't... guess I'm just used to it doing that.
no, felicia and her boifriend limpy just mock God and Church in general
Old 12-30-2019, 16:22   #24

“The apparently homeless gunman who killed two worshipers Sunday had been helped with food on several occasions by the West Freeway church, but he became angry when they wouldn’t give him money, minister Britt Farmer told me. He wasn’t recognized Sunday because he wore disguises,” Bobby Ross Jr., the editor of The Christian Chronicle, tweeted.

Sadly, I was right........denied a charity he felt ENTITLED to !!
2rangers, Momo, Adjuster and 4 others like this.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:09   #25
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!

Evil stopped. Hate to see it happen to the good folks who died, but I LOVE the way the folks in the church responded to the evil.

Bang. Headshot.

And? Notice how many folks come out with weapons?

A small army of good citizens will always TRIUMPH OVER EVIL.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1211482506391932934
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote