Ted Cruz at theNRA show. - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 19:22   #1

Ted Cruz at theNRA show.

Good speech. I really like this man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgNLufR3ZE
fishslayerbob and pappa44 like this.
BengalBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 19:33   #2

The day he announced

I sent his campaign money. He is a man of virtue and a man of his word. I pray he is kept safe from the evil all around us nowadays. Since he will bring the real change and affect the big money influence, I fear for his safety.
fishslayerbob likes this.
Old 04-11-2015, 19:38   #3

Oh please nominate Ted Cruz for president!

Racist NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre: "Eight Years of One Demographically Significant President is Enough" | Americans Against the Tea Party

Old 04-11-2015, 19:43   #4

Murderer, you still here> How many babies just died in the name of your theology? Scumbag.
Old 04-11-2015, 20:06   #5

This^ is what happens to kultists of The Lie. Eventually, like chilldo here, they have nothing else but lies.
Old 04-11-2015, 22:31   #6

Believe it or not this is the first time I've heard this f- douchebag speak. Well, that's the GOP for you. I guess you just can't teach an old dog new tricks! Where TF is Borat when you need him to stand up and say something funny? "I think they should bomb Iraq until not a single lizard is left alive in the desert!" GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Honestly, I think the NRA probably does more harm than good when it comes to gun ownership rights.

He's basically just the old huckster minister. Damn, that's just about all any of the leading repubs are at least for about the last 20 years.

One word about sums it up for me: fatuous.

"#MeToo" just looks wrong.
blamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:07   #7
LIB-PROG NEMESIS

Originally Posted by blamEster View Post
(snip)...

Honestly, I think the NRA probably does more harm than good when it comes to gun ownership rights.

...(snip)
Nice try with the negative propaganda on the NRA, amigo.

The National Rifle Association has taken center stage as the main opponent of the White House's plan to enact new gun control mechanisms at the federal level.

But the real battle the NRA fights is at the state level, where they have been extremely successful at loosening gun laws over the past decade.

A review of the NRA legislation news page has shown that the organization has had at least 230 full legislative victories on the state level in the past ten years alone.

Looking at the data collected about legislation that was signed into law, states passed an average of 4.8 NRA-backed laws since 2003.

Virginia tops the list, passing 16 NRA-favored laws since 2003. Other top states pursuing the NRA agenda include Mississippi (11 laws), Utah (11 laws), Arizona (10 laws), Texas (10 laws), Indiana (9 laws), and West Virginia (9 laws). These states have been predominantly controlled by Republicans or pro-gun Democrats for the past decade.

Several of the Democratic governors of these states — people instrumental in signing the pro-NRA legislation — have gone on to federal positions, including Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano (D-Ariz.), Senator Joe Manchin III (D-W.V.) and Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.).

The NRA's political influence at the state level goes back decades. Since 1989, 31 states have implemented Right to Carry laws, one of the cornerstone policies of the NRA state-level push.

The legislation that the NRA advocates for is very diverse, but mostly entails the expansion of hunting rights, the ability to bring guns to more places, and emergency protections for gun owners.

Here are some of their most successful pushes of the past ten years:
  • Twenty-one emergency powers laws, which forbid prohibitions or restrictions on firearms or ammunition in a time of emergency. These became popular after Hurricane Katrina in 2006, when the superintendent of New Orleans ordered the confiscation of firearms in the disaster region.
  • Twelve Castle Doctrine laws. These laws state that if a criminal breaks into your home, vehicle, or business, you may use any manner of force against that person without legal liability.
  • Seven range protection laws, which exempt gun ranges from noise complaints.
  • Several laws designed to protect gun dealers from out-of-state sting operations.
  • Six state laws that forbid municipalities from limiting gun rights.

Needless to say, whatever happens at the federal level this year will not defeat the National Rifle Association.

Eight NRA-backed state-level bills have been passed and signed since the Sandy Hook massacre, so it's doubtful that the passage of the current proposed package will hamstring the NRA where they work most effectively: the states.

Source: Business Insider - The NRA Has Been Outstandingly Successful Where It Really Counts
Not to mention, the NRA's support of and involvement in two of the most important cases heard at the level of the SCOTUS in decades:
  • District of Columbia v. Heller
  • McDonald vs. Chicago

It's an absolute joke for anyone to come to a firearms message board and peddle some snake-oil about the NRA and how the organization has been bad for gun owners' rights. You couldn't be more wrong on that point, even if you tried.

One word about sums your post up for me: FAIL

Carry-on, numbnutz.

Last edited by Paco; 04-12-2015 at 06:56. Reason: typo
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55   #8

If you live in a Blue State and you think it's a so called "Free State" as far as 2A/RTKBA goes , enjoy that feeling because its gonna be fleeting.
Gator Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:32   #9

O.K.,now i get it-NRA,bad;Dems,good. You just can't make up left wingers.
fishslayerbob and chill1955 like this.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:52   #10

Great thread and Cruz is a great man.

I don't mean to change the subject but please remember threads like this draw trolls like sh*t draws flies and they're already here spewing their attempt to degenerate the discussion into a childish name calling slander fest.

Don't let them do it.

Trolls are basically narcissist at heart and thrive on attention so just ignore their post as if they weren't even there. Don't reply or call attention to them in any way or fashion and eventually they will go away.

No nation may have character greater than those the people choose to lead that nation.
my1911s
my1911s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:16   #11
LIB-PROG NEMESIS

Unfortunately...they don't go away.

FreeSuckWad and his Merry Band of Numbnuts are proof of that.

In fact, the trolls are an integral part of the construct that makes up the business model of this message board. That is, Kabuki Theater to drive post counts, which in turn, sells web-ad space.

I generally do not quote the troll(s) in my posts, but sometimes my post needs a certain level of context to understand who, or what, my points are being directed at.

There are some folks here who choose to "ignore" the trolls' posts. But, then I see the very same folks engage in flame-wars with them. I mean no disrespect, but I'm not sure that's "ignoring" them. But, to each his own.

Me? I engage the trolls head-on...much like Ted Cruz is not afraid to stand-up the establishment Repubs, or the loony-tune lib-progs. And, when I see BS...I call BS.

Regardless of my own position with the trolls here, I'm a Life Member of the NRA. And, I'm not going to sit back and read some false comments about the best option that we, as gun owners, have to keep our 2A alive and well, and sit idly by.

As the NRA slogan goes..."STAND AND FIGHT!"

cowboy117 and fishslayerbob like this.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:33   #12

Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Unfortunately...they don't go away.

Me? I engage the trolls head-on...much like Ted Cruz is not afraid to stand-up the establishment Repubs, or the loony-tune lib-progs. And, when I see BS...I call BS.

As the NRA slogan goes..."STAND AND FIGHT!"
Paco all you will accomplish is give them what they want and continue to reduce other peoples threads into worthless and childish name calling.

I have been on many other forums and engaged liberals and Marxist in discussions that didn't devolve into crap. These people whose name I won't mention, four to be exact, have no intention of participating in a serious back and forth debate. They only wish to disrupt the discussion.

My hope is that you will reconsider after some thought.
Paco likes this.

No nation may have character greater than those the people choose to lead that nation.
my1911s
Old 04-12-2015, 10:19   #13

Originally Posted by blamster,885526
…Honestly, I think the NRA probably does more harm than good when it comes to gun ownership rights...

Absolute bull$hit ! Keep enjoying the gun rights those of us who vote pro-gun, especially in Texas, have voted to protect.
cowboy117, Paco and fishslayerbob like this.
migyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 14:47   #14

Talking Just do it!

Folks, this is why the base is starting to fall in love with Ted Cruz. Read the transcription below from his interview with Time Magazine.

"I do think in the media there is a tendency to describe conservatives as one of two things: stupid or evil. And those are the two categories that every conservative gets put in by Democrats and the media. A conservative is either stupid — too dumb to know the right answer — and even worse, if they actually know the right answer, then they’re evil. They want people to suffer. I suppose I feel mildly complimented in that they have recently invented a third category, which is crazy. It’s the alternative to stupid or evil. And now crazy is the third one, because it seems inconceivable that there could be Americans who believe in free-market principles and believe in the Constitution and are working to defend them."

Full article here.
'Crazy' Ted Cruz

Old 04-12-2015, 18:59   #15

The new head of the DOJ if one of the good guys gets elected? He should be put in charge of something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU-rtijHJEI
migyver likes this.

Last edited by BengalBacker; 04-12-2015 at 22:18.
BengalBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 20:54   #16

Clarke is not afraid to call Holder and Obama out.
cowboy117 likes this.
migyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:42   #17

Originally Posted by my1911s View Post
I have been on many other forums and engaged liberals and Marxist in discussions that didn't devolve into crap. These people whose name I won't mention, four to be exact, have no intention of participating in a serious back and forth debate. They only wish to disrupt the discussion.
You're full of crap. Time after time, rightwingers on here have proven their unwillingness and/or incapacity to discuss a variety of topics with any degree of intelligence or honesty. It was only after observing literally hundreds of examples of this that I formulated the description of these rightwing nuts that fits to this day: The Kult of The Lie.

The fool Paco is a classic example, right here in this thread:

Originally Posted by Paco View Post
In fact, the trolls are an integral part of the construct that makes up the business model of this message board. That is, Kabuki Theater to drive post counts, which in turn, sells web-ad space.
Rightwing nuts inhabit a very elaborate (since they spend all their time there) alternate universe that only exists in their demented heads.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:05   #18
Banned

Gator, Why is it inevitable that Red states will lose their rights? We should be saying if you live in a Blue state you are about have an armed neighbor. We have seen even gun hating Illinois and Washington D.C. losing their gun control agendas.
We are a strong an active movement. Lets fund and join in some more Pro-Gun wins.

Last edited by Durango Ranger; 04-13-2015 at 20:31.
Durango Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:11   #19

Originally Posted by Durango Ranger View Post
Gator, Why is it inevitable that Red states will lose their rights? We shroud be saying if you live in a Blue state you are about have an armed neighbor. We have seen even gun hating Illinois and Washington D.C. losing their gun control agendas.
We are a strong an active movement. Lets fund and join in some more Pro-Gun wins.
Sandy Hook was a pivotal moment in America, it was absolutely the worst atrocity one could imagine. The gun grabbing politicians, Obama, the media and the anti gun left all went wild, they absolutely knew that this was the death knell of the Second Amendment. Everybody was ready to crank up the smelters and melt down all the guns.

Everyone but a majority of American voters who handed the entire Congress over to the pro-gun party. Gun sales shot through the roof and while Americans were appalled at what happened at Sandy Hook, they weren't willing to lose their Right To Keep And Bear Arms because of it.

Wayne LaPierre had the courage of conviction to rightly blame this school shooting on "gun free zones" and tell the world, "If you want to keep your children safe arm the schools".

The anti-gun Marxist are still out there but they are very much weakened and the despotism of the Obama Administration bears a great deal of the responsibility.

my1911s
Old 04-13-2015, 09:26   #20

The only way a State/States stay red is if You and a Majority of your fellow Voters there vote GOP (Republican) This slips by so many posters here
cowboy117 and Durango Ranger like this.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:46   #21
Banned

M1911, As always your post are very insightful. The most massive attack on gun rights was the years following the JFK assassination. In those years we had no large NRA membership or funds to fight with. We the NRA was a Competitive Shooting organization. However we arose to the challenge. It was because of these early Ant-Gun moves of the 1960s we are now up to fighting the Leftest.
Gator you are so correct. No Democrats are going to support us. The Red gun friendly states are all Republican. Need we say more?
Durango Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:51   #22

Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
The only way a State/States stay red is if You and a Majority of your fellow Voters there vote GOP (Republican) This slips by so many posters here
Gator, the world looks very different to you that it does for Durango Ranger and myself. We live in free states, you live in the belly of the beast.

Be involved, be vigilant, be active but don't let fear consume you.
Durango Ranger likes this.

my1911s
Old 04-13-2015, 09:52   #23

The NRA and its supporters have made a serious error aligning with the most retrograde elements of the Republican party. Some gun rights could become collateral damage as the Republican party is defeated. Only gerrymandering and voter suppression is holding that day at bay, but neither of those can last.

The Republican party as a whole has conducted itself disgracefully for a long time. A reckoning is coming.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:11   #24

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
The NRA and its supporters have made a serious error aligning with the most retrograde elements of the Republican party. Some gun rights could become collateral damage as the Republican party is defeated. Only gerrymandering and voter suppression is holding that day at bay, but neither of those can last.

The Republican party as a whole has conducted itself disgracefully for a long time. A reckoning is coming.
The Democrat Party (Party of the Klan for over 100 years & party of segregation & Jim Crow ) has a huge head start.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:14   #25

Originally Posted by my1911s View Post
Gator, the world looks very different to you that it does for Durango Ranger and myself. We live in free states, you live in the belly of the beast.

Be involved, be vigilant, be active but don't let fear consume you.
I'm sure the world looked different to folks in Maryland & Oregon & Washington State ,and Connecticut and Massachusetts, & New Jersey & New York, Illinois,Hawaii and Colorado ...